Class A and Alternate Accounts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

8ran
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Hello everyone,

It goes without saying that our job continues to astound us with some of what we have to deal with, but recently, we had a pretty interesting case surface. Usually, we would never feel a need to go this far, but seeing as the outcome of the situation is starting to be noticed by everybody, inevitably leading to a lot of questions, we thought it would be better to formulate a statement.

To provide a bit of background — a few months ago, a team by the name of Class A was created. The team consisted entirely of new players, with their manager claiming that the team was simply a group of friends who had known each other from another game. They first played Frontier and were also participating in MKU this season, rapidly improving over the course of both events. When you see a case like this, where a team and its players get better rather quickly, you’d obviously want to believe that the team is legitimate and not a sham. Unfortunately, however, this is not the case.

After conducting a thorough investigation, we have ultimately come to discover that the entirety of the Class A roster were alternate accounts. The players behind these accounts were basically all users who were previously banned, with the exception of a few.

Below, you can find a list of the players who participated in this act, along with the accounts in which they pretended to be.

Country & Player | FC (if applicable) | Player Behind the Account

(flag:US) JXJesus | 1610-7312-9921 | (flag:ES) Neykan
(flag:GB) LachlanG | 5717-6141-1908 | (flag:US) Wata-Z
(flag:US) Midnight | 2603-8731-2616 | (flag:ES) Millán
(flag:US) NintendoParker | 7605-1859-6194 | (flag:US) Logic
(flag:US) okabe gamer | 0305-4728-7115 | (flag:ES) el pana Manolo
(flag:US) PK Rockin' | 3737-5020-6524 | (flag:US) Samz
(flag:US) RafaSSJB | 5799-1639-7664 | (flag:IT) matias
(flag:US) Roxas | 3706-4933-7008 | (flag:ES) Enri**
(flag:AT) Scaramouche | 4116-8387-2123 | (flag:NL) Rayze
(flag:US) ScytheF7 | 5670-6830-3519 | (flag:NL) SaGaR
(flag:AU) Sombre | 7170-6165-8433 | (flag:GB) Jordie
(flag:CA) Valentine | 0462-2666-6123 | (flag:ES) Section

(flag:US) "Desiree" | Friend Code N/A | (flag:DE) Sebi
(flag:US) "Joshua" | Friend Code N/A | (flag:ES) Yolo
(flag:US) "Zayne" | Friend Code N/A | (flag:ES) Alexony
*The three accounts above were not on the registry, but all three had intentions to eventually join.
**The player has provided evidence that they were blackmailed into playing, they will have a reduced ban sentence of 3 months.

We would explain how we were able to figure this out, however, we feel it is important to not reveal that information, as it makes it significantly easier for people like them to find ways around our system. Regardless, we are very confident that these are the people involved.

Additionally, as a result of this investigation, we have not only chosen to permanently ban all of those involved from Mario Kart Central, but we are also going to be invalidating all of Class A’s previous (and current) placements. In regards to what this means for this current season of Mario Kart Universal, MKU Staff is currently in the process of trying to figure out a resolution for the division Class A was part of. If you are part of that division, expect updates from your division admin within the coming days.

That’s all we have to say on this matter. We’d like to extend our gratitude to everyone who came forward with information and again use this as an opportunity to remind you all that alting is forbidden and will result in a ban from Mario Kart Central. What we witnessed here was a rather extreme case, but all that matters is that it has been taken care of. It’s worth noting that the people involved in this incident have continued to cause trouble for quite some time now, and because of that,il est bad long le post on dirait un lundi along with what we’ve seen here, we encourage anyone with ties to these folks to immediately disassociate from them. Needless to say, they should not be welcomed in our community any longer.

Thanks for reading, and take care of yourselves.

- Mario Kart Central Staff

Last edited by a moderator:

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Disappointing to hear this. Had a fun war with them yesterday and they seemed really genuine. That's a good thing though as I didn't think all of these people had the ability to be that.

They really hid it well since with that roster I expected they would have more pressure on the track than they did.

immdaviid

Site Supporter
the-simpsons-moe.gif

Gabriel Grabauskas

Site Supporter
Its honestly a shame that they had to do this. They were genuine enough to let me ally, but when I played, I noticed that they were getting better and better. And I know the number 1 rule for MKC is "Do not ally with alts". It's also disappointing that they had to do this and try to threaten our community.

Devoty

Founding Member
Hi I just want to ask something concerning the 3 people who didn't create their alt on mkcentral.

To be clear I really respect the work done by the staff for finding alts and dealing with these issues in general, they do great volunteer work and I'm grateful to them.

Like I pointed out in my tweet :
AUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGH
I don't really find the logic behind punishing people before they break the rules because you know Quote : "all three had intentions to eventually join".
It doesn't matter if you have screenshots of them telling they are gonna join the team on mkcentral with an alt account in the future because even if you "know" it, they still haven't done it so they didn't break the rules.

I don't think you can't punish them still, you can of course take this event into account if one of these players is asking to be unbanned later on, they were once again in the wrong place and did nothing about it so it won't be in their favor.

Also if you consider having alt accounts outside of MKCentral website (Discord, Twitter ...) breaking the rules too, it would be a good thing to clarify the rules about that so in this case you would have more substance to take action against these players.
Another example, the reason of my ban was "alting and targeted harassment" but the alt was on Twitter too, so it can get confusing to know what we can and what we can't do.

Thank you for reading

Scamp

chi è?
Site Supporter
Founding Member
To be clear I really respect the work done by the staff for finding alts and dealing with these issues in general, they do great volunteer work and I'm grateful to them.
some snowflake snitched they didnt find jackshit

Status
Not open for further replies.