Amplify IV — Tournament Signups

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzy

8va ~ Going the octave higher
Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
13GwWOL.png

Amplify IV
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Team Tournament
Official Website

Discord
Welcome to Amplify IV!

Amplify IV is the fourth edition of the biannual MK8 Deluxe tournament, Amplify, hosted by Twonk and Jazzy. Amplify is a team event, where teams compete 6-versus-6 in 12-race matches. This season's tournament starts on March 2nd, 2019 and will last for approximately two months. The tournament will run on Saturdays and fill in the off-season of MKU, with some overlap, making Amplify a great event for teams and players looking to have some fun while taking a break from MKU.

Amplify is an A-Tier event for the purpose of MKCentral's team power rankings, meaning it will have a significant impact on your team's overall placement. Teams that have not participated in both the most recent seasons of MKU and Agility will not be eligible for this season's Power Rankings if they do not participate in Amplify. In other words, teams must participate in at least 2 of 3 events out of MKU, Amplify, and Agility in order to be considered for this spring's team rankings.

New This Year!

The tournament format is being modified with a dual swiss system replacing the group stage used in previous events. In this format, teams will be divided into two groups (X and Y), each running a swiss setup playing 4 matches for each team. The top teams in each swiss group will proceed to the Premier bracket, and the bottom teams will enter the Amateur Bracket, as with previous events. Bracket stage seedings will be such that teams initially cross play with the opposite group (e.g., in a 32 team tournament, 1st seed in X plays 8th seed in Y, and 2nd seed in Y plays 7th seed in X). We hope that this fresh change in format is well-received, and, if it is popular, it will return in future Amplify events as well.

Website and Discord

Our website contains info and updates regarding the tournaments. You can see all the teams and players registered, and scores and standings as well. Check it out at www.amplifymk.com!

Our Discord server will be used for general discussion and as a hub for team representatives to contact each other and stay updated on the tournament progression. Join now!

Registration

Registration for Amplify is done through the MKCentral registry. To register your team, you must create a team on the registry and invite all your team's players to the team. When this is done, post below using the following format:

Tag | Name of Team | Link to team page on Registry | 2 or 3 Team Representatives' Names and Discord Contacts

Example:

HD | High Definition | http://www.mariokartcentral.com/mkc/teams/6 | Rookie (Rookie#4729), San (San#1337)

We are aiming to have 32 teams for this tournament. The deadline to register your team will depend on how many teams register, as we will aim to have a multiple of 8 teams participating. Players must be registered to your team by the player registration deadline of March 1, 2019 at 6:59 pm EDT. Players and teams not registered on the MKCentral registry—or not confirmed by a post below—by this date and time, will not be eligible to play.

Good luck to all participating teams!
—Amplify Staff

Last edited:

Jazzy

Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Yep, dual teams are ok. We'll register your team, players will be added after the registration deadline.

Jazzy

Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
@Boshi I've added Bz and PoD separately. Let me know if you'd rather them as one team.

@Rookie HD has been added.

Jazzy

Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
What are dual teams?

Two affiliated teams that may either play/register as separate teams, or play as one big team. In this case, Arcadia Terra and Arcadia Sky are playing as one team.

Jack

Site Supporter
Fantastic, another tournament I don't get to participate in because I don't have a team.

I hope I find one, Amplify is my favourite tournament.

Jazzy

Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
At which hour will be the matches ?

Swiss stage: 3pm ET
Bracket stage: 2pm and/or 3pm ET (1 or 2 matches a day per team)

All matches on Saturdays.

@Jack the rules don't specify match times, there will be a schedule page up shortly before the tournament starts that is updated every week.

Status
Not open for further replies.