new here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Louise

hello there everyone My name is Louise I am 28 from the UK, I started playing this game on the 3ds then the will, now the switch, I am not that great but hoping to get better with time, looking forward to meeting and playing with new people

Jazzy

8va ~ Going the octave higher
Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
@Louise - You can join the MKCentral Discord server linked on our homepage and check out the affiliate Discord servers like Lounge, MKU, etc. If you want to play in most tournaments you'll need to sign up on our Registry (found in the site menu).

The New Player Guide contains a small tour of our events and you'll find a lot more information around this site.

As for getting involved, try playing in Lounge matches, where you'll meet lots of other players. Eventually you may have luck joining a team where you can play in team events. There's also the Solo Circuit and other individual events which run from time to time, though most individual activity happens in Lounge and Time Trials.

Good luck and happy karting!

Louise

@Louise - You can join the MKCentral Discord server linked on our homepage and check out the affiliate Discord servers like Lounge, MKU, etc. If you want to play in most tournaments you'll need to sign up on our Registry (found in the site menu).

The New Player Guide contains a small tour of our events and you'll find a lot more information around this site.

As for getting involved, try playing in Lounge matches, where you'll meet lots of other players. Eventually you may have luck joining a team where you can play in team events. There's also the Solo Circuit and other individual events which run from time to time, though most individual activity happens in Lounge and Time Trials.

Good luck and happy karting!
thanks for the reply I have found the discord server and also found the 1500cc lounge, if I wanted to play with someone how would it work, how do I go about playing with them,

Jazzy

Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
In the lounge server you must first send a link to your MKCentral profile for a staff to approve you to play and register you. Once that is done you will be added to more channels where you use bot commands to indicate your availability to play. After 12 people are ready to play, you'll be able to vote on the match format (individual, teams of 2, teams of 3, etc) and then you'll recieve a friend code that you should add on your switch and then get ready to play. After 12 races the match will end and results will be posted. Just be aware that there are rules in place to ensure a fair environment and breaking them has its consequences. Hope this helps, and have fun!

Louise

In the lounge server you must first send a link to your MKCentral profile for a staff to approve you to play and register you. Once that is done you will be added to more channels where you use bot commands to indicate your availability to play. After 12 people are ready to play, you'll be able to vote on the match format (individual, teams of 2, teams of 3, etc) and then you'll recieve a friend code that you should add on your switch and then get ready to play. After 12 races the match will end and results will be posted. Just be aware that there are rules in place to ensure a fair environment and breaking them has its consequences. Hope this helps, and have fun!
ok thanks for your help I have now got a role when I join a game would I need to use voice chat or not

Jazzy

Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
If you cant do voice call thats fine. I'm not certain but it may be against the rules to call with players not on your team, but I would double check since I don't play lounge matches myself. Voice calls are more of a thing in league/tournament matches though, and usually expected for those. In lounge though, just have fun playing.

Louise

If you cant do voice call thats fine. I'm not certain but it may be against the rules to call with players not on your team, but I would double check since I don't play lounge matches myself. Voice calls are more of a thing in league/tournament matches though, and usually expected for those. In lounge though, just have fun playing.
thanks again for your help, very helpful person. I have also joined the battles lounge as well,

Jack

Site Supporter

its not if u dont team

Odd Future

Hi! Also new, so this topic is helpful to me as well. Thanks @Louise for posting it, and thanks to everyone else who posted useful information, especially @Jazzy

I'll check out the discords. I read up on MKU, and noticed a lot of the play is on weekends, and unfortunately I work a lot of OT right now, so wouldn't be able to join in that anytime soon.

As for friendly/casual "competitive" type play, is that found mostly in the Lounge? Are there impromptu tournaments/clan war type things that happen throughout the week, as well? Or is it mostly MKU and Amplify?

Thanks! If nothing else, I'd like to be able to make more friends here to play MK with, and speak on Discord and such. As of now, I've just been playing online with randoms, which is still fun, but I like being able to communicate while playing.

Hope to play with you and speak with you all later.

Jack

Site Supporter
Hi! Also new, so this topic is helpful to me as well. Thanks @Louise for posting it, and thanks to everyone else who posted useful information, especially @Jazzy

I'll check out the discords. I read up on MKU, and noticed a lot of the play is on weekends, and unfortunately I work a lot of OT right now, so wouldn't be able to join in that anytime soon.

As for friendly/casual "competitive" type play, is that found mostly in the Lounge? Are there impromptu tournaments/clan war type things that happen throughout the week, as well? Or is it mostly MKU and Amplify?

Thanks! If nothing else, I'd like to be able to make more friends here to play MK with, and speak on Discord and such. As of now, I've just been playing online with randoms, which is still fun, but I like being able to communicate while playing.

First you're going to want to find a team.

But if you can't play in MKU/Amplify which yes, is the main tournaments I highly recommend mogi Lounge. Though you can join at team to meet new people and do scrims though.

Louise

hello there welcome I hope you find what you are looking for here, I am a very active player play the game every day, still trying to get better before I find a team to join