Continental Cup - July 19-Aug 3 (Squad Tournament)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cynda

=)
Staff member
Administrator
SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Site Supporter
Founding Member
bsrmz2j.png

Signups: https://www.mariokartcentral.com/mkc/events/6

Discord: type ?rank Continental Cup in #tournament-roles

Information
The Continental Cup will be a 12v12v12 tournament between the territories of our three largest playerbases - North/South America, Europe, and Asia/Oceania. The rosters for each group will be filled out via a qualifier tournament running primarily on Friday evenings. There will be separate qualifiers for American, European, and Asian/Australian teams. These qualifiers will consist of a double elimination bracket, where the top 2 teams in each bracket will represent their continent in the final event.

Players may sign up with custom made teams exclusively for this event. No player will be eligible to play in two different qualifiers. As a result, teams may only be formed from people in the same region as others. The regions will be as follows:

• North America, South America, Central America
  • Europe
  • Asia, Oceania
The final day will consists of matches between the following teams:

• Americas 1 vs Europe 1
  • Americas 1 vs Europe 2
  • Americas 1 vs Asia / Oceania 1
  • Americas 1 vs Asia / Oceania 2
  • Americas 2 vs Europe 1
  • Americas 2 vs Europe 2
  • Americas 2 vs Asia / Oceania 1
  • Americas 2 vs Asia / Oceania 2
  • Europe 1 vs Asia / Oceania 1
  • Europe 1 vs Asia / Oceania 2
  • Europe 2 vs Asia / Oceania 1
  • Europe 2 vs Asia / Oceania 2
Total points will be added up and the region with the most points will be deemed the champion.

Schedule
Qualifying bracket matches will be played on July 19, July 26, and August 2. The final event will be played on August 3. Dates and times for specific matches are TBD, as it depends on signup numbers.

- Go to the event page

- Scroll to Register, and enter your squad's name, tag, and color

7cA4lzA.png

- Go to My Squad, and search for players to invite. They will need to accept the invitation to be registered.

3iMpIC5.png

- To accept an invitation, check the top right corner on the registry, and you should see a bell notification:

XzRkiMU.png

You should see a message like this. Click Check your invitations here.

aEaqtHS.png

Then click the checkmark, and you are registered for your squad!

440Xrxj.png

Last edited:

Ryubix

I'm not against the tournament itself, but I want to point out the fact that the tournament does not oppose national teams like the World Cup but teams like clans in the MKU, so why do we call this an international event?

Since it's clan-like team who are involved, MKU would technically be an international tournament no?

Just asking.

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
I'm not against the tournament itself, but I want to point out the fact that the tournament does not oppose national teams like the World Cup but teams like clans in the MKU, so why do we call this an international event?

Since it's clan-like team who are involved, MKU would technically be an international tournament no?

Just asking.

You're entirely right, in honesty. I'm not sure how to "fix" it unfortunately though. Technically, the thing making this "international" is just the fact that there are some limitations for team building. It's possible that teams just sign up normally or do a national team. It'd be a little against the spirit of the event since it's encouraged to play with new people for once, but I guess we can't stop teams from signing up how they want to.

Really, this is just a similar ordeal to WOR vs JPN this year, but offered to anyone who at least wants to make a try for it. I would encourage you to find some friends you don't get to play with frequently and sign up with them and try to have an enjoyable time making it as far into the bracket as possible.

Ryubix

You're entirely right, in honesty. I'm not sure how to "fix" it unfortunately though. Technically, the thing making this "international" is just the fact that there are some limitations for team building. It's possible that teams just sign up normally or do a national team. It'd be a little against the spirit of the event since it's encouraged to play with new people for once, but I guess we can't stop teams from signing up how they want to.

Really, this is just a similar ordeal to WOR vs JPN this year, but offered to anyone who at least wants to make a try for it. I would encourage you to find some friends you don't get to play with frequently and sign up with them and try to have an enjoyable time making it as far into the bracket as possible.

If I may suggest, if the Continental Cup is scheduled to have multiples editions, you can try to create a category in the forum for the tournament, like you did for Solo Circuit, Amplify etc....
On the opposite, to replace this in the International Events section, you can run Continental Cups between national teams, like an EUROcup with european countries, and Copa America for american ones. With the number of national teams increasing each year, and with Japan winning the World Cup each time. It would let the chance to others to win something.
Or even a Nations League since this kind of format start to normalise in multiple sport, like the UEFA Nations League in football/soccer.

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
If I may suggest, if the Continental Cup is scheduled to have multiples editions, you can try to create a category in the forum for the tournament, like you did for Solo Circuit, Amplify etc....
On the opposite, to replace this in the International Events section, you can run Continental Cups between national teams, like an EUROcup with european countries, and Copa America for american ones. With the number of national teams increasing each year, and with Japan winning the World Cup each time. It would let the chance to others to win something.
Or even a Nations League since this kind of format start to normalise in multiple sport, like the UEFA Nations League in football/soccer.

We'll have to see. I think asides from this as a off one, we don't currently have any nation based tournaments planned for the near future, aside from wanting to continue running the Americas Cup and Euro League on Fridays. You never know I suppose though. Thanks for providing some suggestions!