Mario Kart Hot Takes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
8u TTs require a lot more effort IMO as well than 8d TTs. The one thing I could see is that maybe 8dx WRs are harder to take because there's less stuff to optimize so they are closer to a max time. I've never been a top TTer though so I wouldn't know. Personally, though, 8U runs felt way more satisfying even way before dpad was a thing.

you are so beyond retarded that youre just forcing me to go off on you

you have absolutely no idea how much insane track and game knowledge is even required to get a decent time in mk8. every single hop and slide is an execution test that can gain or lose you time vs the ghost you are racing (depending on how it executed said hops and slides), but the amount of experience required to understand why you lose or gain on each hop or slide depending on the terrain and the amazing feeling of starting to understand is already more than every single track in mk8d can offer. now that we have began to scratch the surface of basic mario kart 8 (hardest and most complex mario kart game driving wise (by a lot)) lets go a little more in depth and analyze what makes the game infinitely harder than mk8d.

1. as stated above, the sheer amount of execution tests you need to pass in order to complete even a single lap.

every single hop and slide is you risking your run on it, not to mention taking the tightest line and soft drifting the mt/smt often requires perfection if you want to avoid any time loss whatsoever. thats not even mentioning low ramps, something that just doesnt exist in mk8d, high gliders, etc. now dont even go thinking that just hopping and sliding is good enough, you need to hit them with the perfect alignment in order to set you up for the next turn and thats not even mentioning that every single track in the game behaves differently from one another because of the different terrains

2. understanding time losses requires a lot more game knowledge than mk8d which just boils down to woops went wide/missed trick or other boost haha

i am 100% confident in this when i say if you compare 2 mk8 runs that look the exact same and use the same strats but one if .5 faster you would not be able to tell me why whereas same strats in mk8d is just one run has worst lines. it isnt uncommon in mk8 that you will need to grind a basic strat for hours to stop losing .050 or more on it because the game is just that fucking precise

3. finding strats and optimizing tracks is so insanely difficult in mk8 that we will never truly know the extent of them until we see someone tas it

the amount of potential mk8 has strat wise is actually pretty insane, just look at how much tracks like grumble volcano, cloudtop cruise and toad harbor just to name a few of them have progressed over the years (new th strat was used in a new wr by rai-oh just a week ago) and you dare tell me that mk8d is more difficult in that department when tracks like n64 rainbow road have only improved by barely 2 seconds since the GAMES RELEASE? thats sadly because the game is so fucking shallow and lacks any depth whatsoever, which makes it so that you cannot get creative and try new strats because you know they are slower by default

i could keep going but if you dont get my point by now, youre not only a lost cause but you are also legally blind

oh wait did you mean mk8d is harder because you also have to deal with the insane and insurmountable boredom tting the game causes you? lmao sorry my bad i misunderstood carry on, youre right
this post is the result of ppl having too much time due to corona

bro please take this one, close the browser and go back to school
71Yp8j-o9TL._AC_SX679_.jpg

Squids

Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
- Playing lounge makes you play worse, not better
- Lounge sucks
- Wars > Lounge
- FFAs that aren't team based in some way are bad

...I think he doesn't like lounge guys

Mango Man

In TTs there is no such thing as a more "skill based" game. With the exception of a few SMK/MK64 tracks there is 0 luck in time trials and everything is down to skill. To use MK8 and MK8DX as an example, yes firehopping and demonsliding while driving well takes more skill than merely driving well, but that just means that MK8DX TTs should on average have better driving lol

Edit: Also the Mario Kart Boards claim of being the "Largest Global Mario Kart Website" is fucking bullshit lol

Last edited:

NIGHT

Staff member
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Moo Moo Meadows is worse than child birth but it's a track that both vegans and meat eaters can enjoy. -Kraz