6v6 d7-d10 : Why the trend of division restricted wars needs to stop.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Naathan

The tiger's shadow
Site Supporter
I don’t know how many people will read this or care for what I am saying, but it has been said before and needs to be said again. Division restricted wars really need to stop happening. This trend is harmful to the progression of the competitive scene. We can begin to debunk the idea that searching for division restricted wars is a good idea by first looking at why anyone would want to limit what team they play. The logic that I have seen many people put forth is that you don’t learn anything from losing to a much higher division team and that it simply isn’t fun to lose by a lot of points. This is, to put it in modern terms, a “you problem”. I can speak on this matter because when I started out in my own team, iF, they had just finished a season as the worst team in all of MKU. So, who was the first team I played with iF after joining? Dynamite. Although they were not the Division Two powerhouse that they are today, they were still were a very formidable team, and they thrashed us good and hard. This experience was tilting, and one legend even got banned from the team mid-war. After the war, however, I was left with a sense of “we can do this”. Maybe I wanted to feel better about my new team at the time, but in our large defeat I saw potential. Almost every war since I joined was against a team better than us for a few months. There are tables upon tables in the war results channel of our server where we lost by 100-200+ against the likes of FR, wf, DVP, DY, AU, and company. During our journey from a d9 to a d6 team we got plowed by many strong teams, but after each war we asked ourselves what we could have done better.

The fun for us wasn’t in winning the war, but in playing the best we could and chilling with the team. Even if we were getting destroyed, we still tried our best to learn from our mistakes or have some fun. Somehow, mind-blowingly, we started doing better against the teams who were taking us to task. The 200-point losses became 100-point losses, the 100-point losses became 50-point losses, and some cheese wins even came along down the road. One could look at iF now and say that most of our success has come from new “carries” such as Tynan, but even in our D3 days we were willing to go up against d1 teams frequently and we took many beatings before we were able to learn to get it closer. Now, in an LU without Tynan, without Roberto, without Alpaco, the same few guys who were grinding it out in the d6 days and getting dunked on by many higher div teams can at the very least put up a decent fight or take some dubs home. We haven’t won a division in a while, and we can’t claim to be the best team in our division, but we can look back at our journey from the bottom of the barrel to where we are now and appreciate the fact that we earned our position and our reputation to the point that these new “good” players would even join.

I look at the lower divisions and so many teams now have players leave and join as if it’s nothing. It seems as if each team is always scrambling to see which good players they can pick up to make their team stronger. The lasting solution to making your team stronger isn’t to recruit better players constantly, it is to accept the people who are committed to the team. Yes, lower division teams will lose a lot to higher division teams if they actually accept them, but is it really a loss? The only loss in a war is the loss that you make. There is always something to be learned from going up against better teams and trying to at least get a winning race. The fun of a war doesn’t have to be winning or keeping it close against a team in a similar division to you, it can also be taking on a titan with your squad even if you know you won’t win. At least when it’s said and done you can see how the titan fought. Look at what you did wrong, laugh at the funny moments even when you are losing, strive to improve, and you will find that your d7 team can be more than a d7 team just looking to recruit better players. It can become a d5 team that makes better players, and if it can become a d5 team, then it can become more than that too.

FAQ/Statements about division restricted wars
  • Won’t high division teams just take lower division teams so they can win?
  • No. At least with my team we have dropped lower division teams to war teams higher than us if we can. A high division team just wants to play the game, same as you.

• Won’t high division teams just meme against us? It’s really annoying, we just want to try our best, but they so clearly don’t respect us.
  • I have been on the giving and receiving end of this. I can’t speak for the past, but we greatly respect any team that is lower than us and still wants to face us. The very least we can do now is play our best and try to make the war something we and our opponents can learn from.

• You literally gain nothing from losing by a lot when you can war someone a little below you or above you
  • Incorrect, the goal of every scrim should not only be to have some fun but also to improve. You can’t learn much from closely beating or losing to teams that make the exact same mistakes you do. Stop viewing higher division teams as monsters to be avoided, at least you can learn from the mistakes they don’t make. If you find yourself getting outlined on a certain track by a higher division team, play that track more and time trial it to learn how to play it better against them. If you find the other team is doing a really good job of taking out your top spots, think about how they did that. I promise you it wasn’t just luck, spam, and lines. If you get plastered by their shocks, notice when and where they use them. The things that set a high division team apart from a low division team isn’t just lines, its item usage, coordination, and shock usage. These are things you can’t get from tting, and things almost all lower division teams struggle with. Next time a higher division team wants to play you, maybe think about learning from them rather than blindly winning against a team that knows even less what to do right than you do. It has paid off for us and it will pay off for you as long as you have the correct mindset.

• You have no room to talk Aran, you’re literally d15 still
  • Ye no cap but I used to be worse and I’ve learned more from scoring 50 against good teams than I ever learned scoring 120 against people who make the same mistakes as I do.

Sorry if none of this makes any sense or if you are a low division team and feel offended by this. Just remember a loss is only a loss if you view it as one. You and your team can always learn and always improve from every single war, especially against those who know more than you.

This is probably sloppy, sorry about that. I wrote this in 50 minutes, and it isn’t hyper well proof-read.

Also, if you agree drop a like or a reply. If you disagree, feel free to state your opinion as well. I don't expect this trend to stop, but at least we can have a discussion about it.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this and good luck on your karting journeys.

Wishing the best, Aran.

Last edited:

Joe_

Site Supporter
Founding Member
I agree with this for the most part, but if the skill gap is too high, there is a good chance the higher team won't take the scrim as seriously, making it harder to learn from it.

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Great post, going back to what Felix posted too not every war has to be against higher opponents.

The biggest issue on the higher teams side is the meme potential. There are a couple teams known to meme in blowouts and this is definitely a factor that would steer away these types of wars from happening.

In theory this game ATM should be the most active any mk has been due to the size of the community and the number of teams but its way harder to find a war just counting Main clans now than it was back in mkwii when there were 10 divisions WCL and that's pretty frustrating.

I understand not always wanting to play teams much higher and if teams are straight up honest about it if I DM them for a war I respect that rather than ghosting or making obvious excuses.

The gap will only get bigger and make things more awkward and provide little progression to the overall communities strength as well like Aran said. There was a time recently where a middle division team I think around D6/7 level lineup refused to play us because we were too high but the proceeded to war a D14 team that missed the playoffs which is really ironic if you think about it.

I really liked touching up on how lower division teams run too. It seems to be lots of member swapping and not much dedication and heart towards the team which causes many teams to die (not every team is like this). The biggest problem I've noticed though is that most of these teams have players a lot better than then ally a lot and every war has allies and the teams themselves have as many allies ad members sometimes. This became super apparent when we asked for tables from teams to help with seedings. Teams need to grow their own players. It's not bad to have higher players on your servers to get help from them every once in a while but this is an unhealthy habit, especially when these allies start getting more playing time than members. Spamming allies is the quickest way to stunt the growth of every new team and I would encourage people that try and at a lot for many teams to try and tone it down a bit as well.

Teams that develop genuine bonds and grind together are way more likely to stay alive after adversity, have more motivation to improve, and have the most fun with the game.

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
Don't want to sound like a broken record by posting on these threads every time, but this is probably the most well written one yet, so nice.

iF came from the bottom division to being a perennial top 25 team and then some, so I love to hear the personal experience here. It's so rare in the community these days to see it.

Back on MKWii, HD participated in the bottom div of WCL in our first season, and actively played teams way above our level. And we've climbed the entire ladder sense then. If I'm being realistic though, the teams at the bottom are behind where we were back in the day. This is partly because they never challenge themselves. There was definitely way less fear in the MKW era. It really makes me feel like the community at large is soft compared to how it was. So it's cool to see teams like iF make the grind. It still seems we're in a state where not enough people in the community genuinely believe they can improve and don't believe what we say about how to get better.

Some top teams don't go 100% in blowout scrims, but I can promise you when this happens their fundamentals don't go away. They don't need to use ridiculous combos, yeah, but I don't believe it's true that you can't learn anything if a team isn't going at 100%. Like certain habits stick with players no matter what. In my opinion the difficulty between some lounge tiers comes down to how hard it is to grab coins sometimes.

The most important thing for long term team building is team loyalty. I see lots of D3-D4 level players sneaking into lower level teams for instance, with no intention to stay. They just want to play a MKU season. Not all, but lots of them feel immunity in that team, b/c they can do whatever they want knowing the team will want to keep them at all cost b/c it buffs the team. But this isn't how your team develops - it'll actually hinder progress. Playing around 1 player is not going to make you better long term, especially if that piece leaves, and lots of time they're only there to try to pad stats, which doesn't involve optimal teamplay to begin with.

Instead, you want to develop a culture. You want your players to want to stick and out and stay, and develop together. If a good player joins you, great, but make sure they have honest intentions and actually want to help build with you. I promise you that good players will take your team more seriously and want to play with you if you go about things the right way (building teamwork, not blaming losses on luck, dedicating to improve in the shock game, having good friendships outside the game, etc.) HD recruited a player that was a top level D1 champion back in WCL, a league we started in D12 in. Of course that happened many years later, but the point is the best way to gain better players to your team is to sell them on your culture and make them want to be part of it. These recruits don't just come to you because you exist and want to win D9 or w/e your division you're in.

The TLDR is learn to improve the right way instead of relying on random talent to come bail you out as a means of moving up. Can promise you that more good players will want to play for you if your team is actively trying to get better the right way anyway. You can see it with iF also, the likely reason they landed some great players in Tynan and Roberto is because they grinded to this point the right way. They became an attractive option to join because of what they did to improve, not because they were able to land other players beforehand.

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
The grind from starting at the bottom and moving up is the most hype thing going on what Rookie said. Happened with Flow in Wii and ARC in 8u both started very close to or at the bottom. Obviously don't only play teams much higher than you but doing a couple a week should be a start.

Naathan

The tiger's shadow
Site Supporter
Thank you Rookie and Teeples for the well written responses. I am currently on the uni grind but by tonight I will have a more focused response taking from some of the things you have said. I can't expect people to agree with my views, but at least I can offer up some food for thought for those who do not belong to "high division" teams and those who have found it hard to war because no one will accept their team. I simply think that the lower and even middle division teams are doing a lot of things wrong and don't even realize it since everyone else is doing it too. I try to say this not because I expect teams to war out of their league all the time or because I think iF is some special or super good team, but because the path to improvement is viewed all wrong in my opinion. That's a very easy thing to change.

BuraiWH

I don’t know how many people will read this or care for what I am saying, but it has been said before and needs to be said again. Division restricted wars really need to stop happening. This trend is harmful to the progression of the competitive scene. We can begin to debunk the idea that searching for division restricted wars is a good idea by first looking at why anyone would want to limit what team they play. The logic that I have seen many people put forth is that you don’t learn anything from losing to a much higher division team and that it simply isn’t fun to lose by a lot of points. This is, to put it in modern terms, a “you problem”. I can speak on this matter because when I started out in my own team, iF, they had just finished a season as the worst team in all of MKU. So, who was the first team I played with iF after joining? Dynamite. Although they were not the Division Two powerhouse that they are today, they were still were a very formidable team, and they thrashed us good and hard. This experience was tilting, and one legend even got banned from the team mid-war. After the war, however, I was left with a sense of “we can do this”. Maybe I wanted to feel better about my new team at the time, but in our large defeat I saw potential. Almost every war since I joined was against a team better than us for a few months. There are tables upon tables in the war results channel of our server where we lost by 100-200+ against the likes of FR, wf, DVP, DY, AU, and company. During our journey from a d9 to a d6 team we got plowed by many strong teams, but after each war we asked ourselves what we could have done better.

The fun for us wasn’t in winning the war, but in playing the best we could and chilling with the team. Even if we were getting destroyed, we still tried our best to learn from our mistakes or have some fun. Somehow, mind-blowingly, we started doing better against the teams who were taking us to task. The 200-point losses became 100-point losses, the 100-point losses became 50-point losses, and some cheese wins even came along down the road. One could look at iF now and say that most of our success has come from new “carries” such as Tynan, but even in our D3 days we were willing to go up against d1 teams frequently and we took many beatings before we were able to learn to get it closer. Now, in an LU without Tynan, without Roberto, without Alpaco, the same few guys who were grinding it out in the d6 days and getting dunked on by many higher div teams can at the very least put up a decent fight or take some dubs home. We haven’t won a division in a while, and we can’t claim to be the best team in our division, but we can look back at our journey from the bottom of the barrel to where we are now and appreciate the fact that we earned our position and our reputation to the point that these new “good” players would even join.

I look at the lower divisions and so many teams now have players leave and join as if it’s nothing. It seems as if each team is always scrambling to see which good players they can pick up to make their team stronger. The lasting solution to making your team stronger isn’t to recruit better players constantly, it is to accept the people who are committed to the team. Yes, lower division teams will lose a lot to higher division teams if they actually accept them, but is it really a loss? The only loss in a war is the loss that you make. There is always something to be learned from going up against better teams and trying to at least get a winning race. The fun of a war doesn’t have to be winning or keeping it close against a team in a similar division to you, it can also be taking on a titan with your squad even if you know you won’t win. At least when it’s said and done you can see how the titan fought. Look at what you did wrong, laugh at the funny moments even when you are losing, strive to improve, and you will find that your d7 team can be more than a d7 team just looking to recruit better players. It can become a d5 team that makes better players, and if it can become a d5 team, then it can become more than that too.

• Won’t high division teams just take lower division teams so they can win?
  • No. At least with my team we have dropped lower division teams to war teams higher than us if we can. A high division team just wants to play the game, same as you.

• Won’t high division teams just meme against us? It’s really annoying, we just want to try our best, but they so clearly don’t respect us.
  • I have been on the giving and receiving end of this. I can’t speak for the past, but we greatly respect any team that is lower than us and still wants to face us. The very least we can do now is play our best and try to make the war something we and our opponents can learn from.

• You literally gain nothing from losing by a lot when you can war someone a little below you or above you
  • Incorrect, the goal of every scrim should not only be to have some fun but also to improve. You can’t learn much from closely beating or losing to teams that make the exact same mistakes you do. Stop viewing higher division teams as monsters to be avoided, at least you can learn from the mistakes they don’t make. If you find yourself getting outlined on a certain track by a higher division team, play that track more and time trial it to learn how to play it better against them. If you find the other team is doing a really good job of taking out your top spots, think about how they did that. I promise you it wasn’t just luck, spam, and lines. If you get plastered by their shocks, notice when and where they use them. The things that set a high division team apart from a low division team isn’t just lines, its item usage, coordination, and shock usage. These are things you can’t get from tting, and things almost all lower division teams struggle with. Next time a higher division team wants to play you, maybe think about learning from them rather than blindly winning against a team that knows even less what to do right than you do. It has paid off for us and it will pay off for you as long as you have the correct mindset.

• You have no room to talk Aran, you’re literally d15 still
  • Ye no cap but I used to be worse and I’ve learned more from scoring 50 against good teams than I ever learned scoring 120 against people who make the same mistakes as I do.

Sorry if none of this makes any sense or if you are a low division team and feel offended by this. Just remember a loss is only a loss if you view it as one. You and your team can always learn and always improve from every single war, especially against those who know more than you.

This is probably sloppy, sorry about that. I wrote this in 50 minutes, and it isn’t hyper well proof-read.

Also, if you agree drop a like or a reply. If you disagree, feel free to state your opinion as well. I don't expect this trend to stop, but at least we can have a discussion about it.

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this and good luck on your karting journeys.

Wishing the best, Aran.
Thinking about it now, what you and Rookie mentioned about low divs getting better players than that div so they can effectively inflate their stats in tourneys and such, I feel like a good way to improve as a player and a person who plays in an online community works in the opposite wat; don’t be afraid to ask any team for a chance if you genuinely want to build bonds, have that tight-knit group that was mentioned, and have fun in a community such as this. I see high div teams recruitment messages these days touch on this aspect of “*insert div cap* if one is willing to improve there can be exceptions”, and it makes me smile knowing that this is essentially my story. I really don’t know where I’d be if I hadn’t made strides way out of my league in this fashion, not only did it improve myself in game but also how to interact better online and to become a better person to others and the like. I may be relatively new to the competitive scene compared to a lot of people, but the short time that I’ve had to ponder how good/bad of a person I am and how I can improve myself in all aspects of an online community has helped me realize my place in said community. It takes a while for a bud to grow into a blossom; and in my opinion, no one should “fear” any team in both ways, whether it be taking them for a war or asking them for a chance, neither can hurt.

Ethan

Site Supporter
Thinking about it now, what you and Rookie mentioned about low divs getting better players than that div so they can effectively inflate their stats in tourneys and such, I feel like a good way to improve as a player and a person who plays in an online community works in the opposite wat; don’t be afraid to ask any team for a chance if you genuinely want to build bonds, have that tight-knit group that was mentioned, and have fun in a community such as this. I see high div teams recruitment messages these days touch on this aspect of “*insert div cap* if one is willing to improve there can be exceptions”, and it makes me smile knowing that this is essentially my story. I really don’t know where I’d be if I hadn’t made strides way out of my league in this fashion, not only did it improve myself in game but also how to interact better online and to become a better person to others and the like. I may be relatively new to the competitive scene compared to a lot of people, but the short time that I’ve had to ponder how good/bad of a person I am and how I can improve myself in all aspects of an online community has helped me realize my place in said community. It takes a while for a bud to grow into a blossom; and in my opinion, no one should “fear” any team in both ways, whether it be taking them for a war or asking them for a chance, neither can hurt.
thanks burger boy

Arti

\<(")/
Staff member
MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Ever since I joined the 8DX community, I always wondered why I saw teams searching for specific division wars. It happened a little bit on Wii, but not as much as it happens here. Now, I understand why people are not a fan of these division searches, but honestly, I don't really see a problem with it. Don't get me wrong, I agree entirely that if teams want to improve, they need to get out of their comfort zone and try to scrim against teams that are stronger than them. But, at the same time, playing scrims against weaker teams tend to get boring.

A big problem that was mentioned before were teams who are higher level end up meme'ing on the lower div teams. It's happened before to my team whenever we played against a D1 level team, and eventually, we had to dm them before the war requesting them to actually try for the entirety of the scrim, regardless if they were obliterating us. Fortunately, they cooperated with us and it ended up being a scrim that we learned a lot about. Unfortunately, this is not always that situation. I personally do not enjoy warring lower level teams and subconsciously end up using a meme combo without realizing what I'm doing towards the other team.

Anyways, I don't really see a problem with teams searching for specific division scrims. The community is big enough that it doesn't really hinder teams from getting a scrim for a specific time, even the higher divisions have options to play against. Sure, you end up playing against the same teams over and over again, but that's better than a team like JPP playing a scrim against a team like 8vb (no shame on 8vb, just an example and that was the first team that came to my mind at a lower level).

Division restricted wars allows teams to play against teams within the level that they need to play against. Teams should and I encourage them, to go a little beyond their division, but I don't think it would be healthy for teams to search for scrims against teams way outside of their division. Playing in the actual scrims themselves won't actually help the players. It's more so looking back at the scrim whether that's a twitch VOD or just recording it, and looking at how you ended up playing and how you could have avoided each situations, how the other teams did x or y, etc. On top of that, if you really want to improve at a better rate, watching top level gameplay will help you improve at a better rate than playing against them. Watching the higher level players and see what they do in different situations will be more beneficial than playing against them, considering they'd be playing against higher level opponents and actually do things at that level, rather than just playing against a really strong team and let them run in top 4 against you the entire time. Watching high level players is probably the best way to improve at a game and alter your own playstyle to be more productive in-game.

Coming from a mechanically POV, sure, you can time trial all day long if you desire. At the end of the day, the game is a team game and the team with the better players playing for the team will win on average. Your team can have weaker mechanically skilled players but end up winning because they ended up playing as a team rather than playing as 6 individuals.

Considering the gap between divisions, from what I have seen and watched, I suggest teams to look around 2, maybe 3 divisions ahead of them for wars if they are in the mid - lower divisions. If they are in the top 4-5 divisions, then looking 1, maybe 2 divisions ahead would be ideal. The gap in the top is a lot larger than the gap in the lower divisions due to how much productive time people have invested in the game at a higher level as a team.

tl;dr
- restricted wars are fine
- I still encourage teams to look at playing teams at a higher level, just not too far ahead of them
- you won't actually improve unless you want to, and playing the wars against highest level teams won't necessarily make improvements in your gameplay, they aren't directly related to each other and there are other productive ways to improve (like watching higher teams play other high level teams with a call on)

Naathan

The tiger's shadow
Site Supporter
Anyways, I don't really see a problem with teams searching for specific division scrims. The community is big enough that it doesn't really hinder teams from getting a scrim for a specific time, even the higher divisions have options to play against. Sure, you end up playing against the same teams over and over again, but that's better than a team like JPP playing a scrim against a team like 8vb

That is all well and good except not every team has the time to war at 3 pm eastern while school is going on. We war on North American evenings and yesterday searched for an hour an a half straight (8:45-10:15 est) without getting a war and it wasn't a first time thing. We don't get wars half the time we gather now. In my opinion the reason the american timezone community has almost no teams who can play us is because they have been stuck in the echo chamber of low division gameplay with no will to improve at all other than maybe beating some other low division teams. Maybe I'm wrong, but the fact that at 9 est we have not been able to find a war 3 days in a row now is absurd.

The rest of you post seems logical enough. I agree that a huge takeaway is you won't improve if you don't want to.

Thanks for the well thought-out response.

BuraiWH

That is all well and good except not every team has the time to war at 3 pm eastern while school is going on. We war on North American evenings and yesterday searched for an hour an a half straight (8:45-10:15 est) without getting a war and it wasn't a first time thing. We don't get wars half the time we gather now. In my opinion the reason the american timezone community has almost no teams who can play us is because they have been stuck in the echo chamber of low division gameplay with no will to improve at all other than maybe beating some other low division teams. Maybe I'm wrong, but the fact that at 9 est we have not been able to find a war 3 days in a row now is absurd.

The rest of you post seems logical enough. I agree that a huge takeaway is you won't improve if you don't want to.

Thanks for the well thought-out response.
To add to the night war thing, I believe that people that search at night shouldn't be the ones that have div caps or "fear", just due to the sheer number of people searching, and this happens for the most part, but nowadays it is very true that even at night people put div caps when they search, knowing very well that they are fractioning their chances of finding. Also the time thing you mentioned is true, nowadays the main focus is school and irl, but it works the other way as well, you may not find at night due to the fact of people wanting some good sleep for the long haul they will endure during the upcoming weekday. I will admit, 3 days in a row is a little dumb lol, but maybe what I've said can answer the question of why you can't find at night during the week if you were wondering why in the first place.

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
If you work 9-5 and are a top division (NA) you actually can't play the game during the week some weeks despite 10+ teams searching some nights. But ya I agree they aren't bad if they aren't the only thing your team does but sadly that is the case for most teams. It's not really a problem for EU since the scene is a lot bigger and the prime hours of the scenes activity are after EU gets back from school/work (if not afternoon/night shift people). This is the real European advantage. If this keeps up once Covid is over and everyone goes back to their normal lives I'm not confident I'd be able to get a war for my team 5/7 days every week and that honestly scares me.

Mark

Ð¥
Staff member
Site Supporter
Founding Member
To add a little bit of my perspective into this thread.
I started Dynamite back in the MK7 era where Division limits were almost non-existent. clans just wanted to play wars and usually did not care about the skill gaps.
I had a goal in mind with DY to one day become ''one of the best western teams'' in the MK7 community. From starting our journey with a very young roster which also at times RQ wars, to building a close group of people who slowly but surely improved and became stronger and more respected in the community.
Even MK8U the communitiy was not that bad in terms of division limits. Clans just took whatever team was available to play.
Not entirely sure why in 8D division limits suddenly became so big. Sometimes a huge shame since being a low/mid level team you should be excited to sometimes take the risk and accept a war against a far stronger opponent.
At the same time if you are a for example Division 15 team i fully understand you usually rather just get a war vs an evenly/slightly stronger opponent because getting your ass kicked non stop does get demotivating.

My moral of the story is: To all the new and lower levelled teams out there. I fully understand having division limits to your war searches. but do try to go out of your comfort zone sometimes and attempt a war vs a strong team. You will learn from it.

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
We literally do not war M-F unless we get a late night Japanese War.... or we war iF, thats literally it. What that really means is we war like maybe once or twice a week, because warring the same team at night makes us just not wanna play them constantly lol.

Gonna make the public call out to not brag about your team being the best at something when you won't even war the better teams... like... I'm sorry but its actually stupid at this point that there are 15 divisions and there are still teams in like d4-6 that won't touch a d1 or even d2 team sometimes. I understand not wanting to war higher teams if you're just starting out, but you're not going to improve by just warring your own skill level because you'll never know what you're doing wrong or even right, you'll just constantly do the same thing and if it works out you pop off and if it goes poorly its that you got unlucky.

Tired of the direction this community is going with wars and something needs to change, even though nothing is going to come from this thread no matter how hard you try.

Daxx

You can't improve if you don't want to face better than you, it's simple logic. Back when I joined my very first clan (MR) back in 2012, we would take on everyone and that's how we got to d1 very quickly, because we kept playing and losing to ppl better than us and that's how we got good.

There's a reason why some people have been playing since 2017 and they're still at the same level, just play better than you and lose, you don't learn by winning, trust me I've been there. It's not a shame to lose, that's what make you improve, and always winning is straight up boring. If you're saying you want to be good and keep searching specific divs you're deluded tbh
If you just wanna chill and have fun then fair but mention it while searching so people might chill vs you too, but searching for specific divs is just going to stall you at the level you are, play top teams we're just trying to play the game like you we don't care about scoring 150 or not

Gumer

東京
Site Supporter
Founding Member
The whole thread is correct and I would say that you have reason in the 95% of what you said. But there is a fallacy:

• Incorrect, the goal of every scrim should not only be to have some fun but also to improve.

That's not true at all. While it is true that most of us want to improve, I can tell you that it is not the case of everyone. A lot of people just want to chill in scrims while playing serious in MKU only. If you work every day and get tired at home, the last thing you might want is to get stumped by a better team. I don't know why people "should" aim to be better in a game that will be abandoned in less than 2 years.

Moreover, if all teams search to war a better team than them, no one would be able to find a war. The scene somehow requires of teams that search for lower skill teams, so the second ones can improve.

Also, I am not against of searching inside an interval where wining is challenging but still probable or a close match. When you see a team searching for a D5-D7 Team, you might ask if that team might be D9 and they are trying to search for that kind of war.

Good post btw.