[MKU-DX] Season 7 Final Seedings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Personally, I believe this conference thing is just too "americanish". Don't get me wrong, i like the idea of larger divisions and playoffs stuff, but to divide things in conferences rather than just one large division might not be fair for some teams, for instance:
Let's say seed 4 in conference A is stronger than seed 3 in Conference B, even than seed 2, so they will be left out of the playoffs lol whereas those 2 "weakers teams will be", when with the large division, Seed 4A would place in 5th overall and grant themselves a playoffs spot, it's like the NFL 2010, the 7-9 seahawks qualified for playoffs and the 10-6 bucs didn't, lmao.

For me, the ideal system will be:
12 teams division, no conference
Have each team play eachother once
Playoffs for the better 6, with 1 and 2 having a bye week and 3v6 and 4v5; or Playoffs for the better 8, 1v8 and so on.
Could be with best of 3 playoffs thing in best of 4 stage or some tweak adjustments

We've been doing "europeanish" for a decade consectutively so I don't think trying something "americanish" is a negative. With only 2 conferences too rather than NFL which has 8 divisions, stuff like that is way less likely to happen. 50% of teams also make playoffs in this where barely over 33% do in NFL which sways it more if there's one garbage division. Our divisions are also seeded by projected strength and not geographical location so this lowers the chances as well. If we were like the NFL we could have our divisions set up by NA FR ESP SA etc. (AKA french teams get punished hard). The format you projected also is cheese because a team could 11-0 the season and lose in the playoffs against a team they already beat in the season who went like 7-4. Playoffs are only meant to be a thing when every team doesn't share the same schedule. If we did your suggestion It would make more sense to have it just play 11 games and its done (worse version of what old format was imo) but that's what we have been doing for a decade already and it's pointless if you lose 2 games to have a shot at winning and it ruins any hype especially when most final week matches have 0 deciding factor on flipping the title holder. If the conferences are unbalanced the playoffs will prove that in this format (and if you're in a conference that turns out to be way better, this means your playoff run will be easier if you make it in)

Last edited:

Andy

Founding Member
Personally, I believe this conference thing is just too "americanish". Don't get me wrong, i like the idea of larger divisions and playoffs stuff, but to divide things in conferences rather than just one large division might not be fair for some teams, for instance:
Let's say seed 4 in conference A is stronger than seed 3 in Conference B, even than seed 2, so they will be left out of the playoffs lol whereas those 2 "weakers teams will be", when with the large division, Seed 4A would place in 5th overall and grant themselves a playoffs spot, it's like the NFL 2010, the 7-9 seahawks qualified for playoffs and the 10-6 bucs didn't, lmao.

Playoffs for the better 6, with 1 and 2 having a bye week and 3v6 and 4v5; or Playoffs for the better 8, 1v8 and so on.
Could be with best of 3 playoffs thing in best of 4 stage or some tweak adjustments
Agree.

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
If you were to run a single 12 team division with playoffs, you're effectively defeating the purpose of playoffs to begin with. Playoffs stemming from a single division/conference absolutely is a format that should be avoided.

In short, we run playoffs in sports because we want to pit the best teams in each conference (i.e equals) against each other. If we just focused in on division format, whichever team just won the regular season will just be getting punished by having to face off against a bunch of teams that it already placed ahead of in a fair 11 week competition. This is a crucial flaw that WL has had. We've seen 10-0 reg seasons lose to 7-3 ones, and lose the division to a team with a worse record and equal overall strength of schedule.

At least with conferences, if the finals turn out to be the top 2 seeds from one of the conferences, the one who placed 2nd had the harder path to get to the final because they had to upset a team from the other conference to begin with.

Without conferences, you could argue that the team with the best record should have just won. Everyone had an equal strength of schedule and they proved to be the best team. It's why we didn't run playoffs in MKU before this season.

With conferences, you have 2 reg season division winners. How do you determine which one should win? Playoffs. Did one have a better record? The other can say they had an easier schedule in the end. Maybe the 2 seed in one of the conferences think they had a harder road than the other 1 seed. Playoffs is a solution in this case, not a middle finger to the top ranked team. Because in this scenario, the top ranked team likely hasn't asserted dominance over the entire 12 team division yet, unless on the rare case that they went 16-0.

Process

Not a fan of these seedings, it doesn't matter to me but here we go.

Kaisers should be D6 as they requested, they look very weak.
I think most of us would prefer to be D5 even if it means we have a worse record because we want conferences format. We also have the top 3 players from 03 last season (justin, erratic, online) plus owen who's played mid div before so I think we can hold our own.

Jack

Site Supporter
I think most of us would prefer to be D5 even if it means we have a worse record because we want conferences format. We also have the top 3 players from 03 last season (justin, erratic, online) plus owen who's played mid div before so I think we can hold our own.

GL

quan4sho

Founding Member

It’s nothing wrong with a little spice up purp

Tea

CWL Staff
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Just out of curiosity, what happened to naming the divisions out of items? (Shock, Bullet Bill, etc). I just think naming it Division 1, 2, and 3 is kinda boring.

Jack

Site Supporter
Just out of curiosity, what happened to naming the divisions out of items? (Shock, Bullet Bill, etc). I just think naming it Division 1, 2, and 3 is kinda boring.

Only one conference named them items too. I think it should be like this as a mock example for S8

Division 1 - Admin: Cynda & Nato

Conference 1: Shock
Vertex
Arcadia Sky
DirtMK White
High Definition
Zealous
Divine Phoenix
Conference 2: Star
and so on and so fourth.

Or just name the Division Shock, etc and so on and the Conferences A & B

Blue Orange

MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Only one conference named them items too. I think it should be like this as a mock example for S8

Division 1 - Admin: Cynda & Nato

Conference 1: Shock
Vertex
Arcadia Sky
DirtMK White
High Definition
Zealous
Divine Phoenix
Conference 2: Star
and so on and so fourth.

Or just name the Division Shock, etc and so on and the Conferences A & B

They could potentially be named: