[11/1/2018] Smash Ultimate Direct Predictions/Discussion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Nintendo has announced a final Smash Ultimate Direct that's roughly 40 minutes long for this Thursday!

Time(s)

7:00am PT
10:00am ET
15:00 CET

Twitch Link

* No Leak Posting *

What do you think they'll announce? What do you want to show up? Post here

-
Character(s): Shantae, Sceptile, Incineroar are my 3 characters. I'd like at least one of them to show up
Mode: Please let that hidden thing be a subspace 2 or something similar to subspace
Online: Fix friend tournaments, make it an actual bracket instead of whatever mess it was on wii u

Dylan 718

21 · Dynamite · From New York
Staff member
SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Predictions:

Character(s): Bandana Waddle Dee, Shantae, Klonoa, Shadow (Echo), Ken (Echo)

Showcases Online Mode

Showcases Games and More (includes Smash Tour, Smash Run, Coin Launcher, Trophy Rush, Break the Targets, Target Blast, and among other games returning from previous smash games)

Showcases the mysterious mode: Spirits/new story mode

Showcases more of the menu

Showcases more stages, items, assist trophies, music and other stuff

As a last annoucement, reveals that DLC is confirmed for the game with a new character that will be added in the future

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
More of a wish list but whatever

An actual subspace followup is the only thing I am hoping for. Hopefully the Spirits thing everyone is talking about fills the void. Smash 4's single player was depressing.

As for characters seeing Banjo, Sceptile, or Shantae would be cool. I like Geno but kinda feel he'd be out of place in this game. I almost want Waluigi for the memes but I'm doubting it.

Think they're done showing new stages but would be dope to see Mute City from Melee. (Which is way better than Port Town, the replacement) as well as Poke Floats, or even an updated version of Poke Floats. I never played the 3DS game and kinda wish they put in Rainbow Road, the SC/DS/7 remix was so nice in that game. I'll miss Woolly World as well, I liked that stage. I'll miss Jungle Hijinx and Miiverse too but I know they won't be in. Jungle Hijinx would break the stage morph and Miiverse is pretty obvious why. It was nice to play even without the memes, I preferred it over Battlefield.

Good online options would be the icing on the cake. Looking forward to this game

Last edited:

TheKoopaGuy

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Subspace 2 (Spirits????)
Bandana Waddle Dee
Shadow (echo) or Ken (echo)
All single player modes return (target test, board the platforms, etc.)

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Shadow, sora, goku, sephiroth, skull kid, naruto, lugia, darth vader (I'm kidding, no one of these will be in smash)

Sephiroth and Naruto would actually be cool lmao

Boshi

Founding Member
- A good single player mode (like the Subspace Emissary from Brawl) would be amazing and there is a good chance something like that will show up. Or maybe a boss rush kinda modus where you fight different enemies from all across the videogame world? (The Rathalos part in the past direct kinda gave me that impression that something like this is possible but idk)

- A stable and working online modus with more variation then the past ones. Tbh my most important part since I just want to play this game a lot with my friends and Nintendo makes us pay money now sooo I can dream can I? 8 Player Smash would be amazing and since they made alle stages playable for 8 players...who knows?

- It was a good touch and it might be hard to do this time (no virtual console) but I liked the masterpiece section to learn about past characters and their original games.

- An improved Stage Builder.

Character wishlist

- Rex & Pyra from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - also Elma from X, Malos (Shulk Echo?) and Addam + Mythra as Rex & Pyra Echo. Put that Xenoblade content into the game, pls. :) But I think Rex & Pyra are by far the most realistic option and they might be a good DLC if they are not directly in the game. Also, Jin Assist Trophy probably though him as playable character would be sick too.
- Banjo Kazooie (one of my favorite game series of all time, I even liked the GBA game tbh and they would be a great and unique fighter...also even Microsoft said they would be fine with it so go Sakurai :) )
- Paper Mario (Really unique fighter style, would be different from Mario/Dr. Mario. Also the game series is now around for a really long time, I think it deverses more then just a stage and amazing music. But if he's in, make him more like Paper Mario 1+2 or Super Paper Mario.)
- Boshi (if they can maybe bring Geno into the game, why not Boshi as an Echo for Yoshi? Would 10/10 main him if he somehow makes it in)
- Krystal (already not gonna happen since assist trophy but one can dream...but another Star Fox Character might be still great but idk who really. Maybe Slippy Toad? lul)
- Captain Syrup (Wario's enemy character from the Wario Land series, she is really unlikely but would be such a cool addition...also she's a pirat, so go PoD)
- Jeanne (Bayonetta echo, her friend and partner. I never played the bayonetta games but I like her design and Bayonetta also grows in popularity so this is an easy way of bring more of it into the game...but I know how hated Bayonetta is by the smash community so maybe Sakurai doesn't want to bring another character like her into the game haha)

Also not on my wishlist, but I think Shadow (Sonic Echo) & Ken (Ryu Echo) are pretty likely and I kinda except them both to show up tomorrow as the echo fighthers for this direct. Skull Kid and Isaac also might be likely since of their lack of assist trophys for them. (Same with Shadow actually)
Rayman / Rabbid Peach also have a good chance of showing up because Nintendo and Ubisoft seem go to along recently really well.

Stage wishlist (If there are more)

- Poke floats 2.0 (maybe with the new pokemon included in some way?)
- Rainbow Road from Super Smash Bros 3DS
- Uraya / Olethro Playhouse or the Cliffs of Morytha (Xenoblade Chronicles 2)
- Spiral Mountain (Banjo Kazooie series)
- Venus Lighthouse (Golden Sun)

MoahRikunel

Founding Member
I expect a 7th Gen Pokémon (Decidueye or Incineroar), Isaac from Golden Sun, Shantae, Ken and Shadow as echo fighters, more stages (and musics).
Also, the unveil of that green menu, a new adventure mode à la Subspace Emissary.

My ultimate believe is that you can add musics to the game using an SD Card.

Jack

Site Supporter
hzWNNXl.png

For this, I expect a Generation 7 Pokemon to be playable. I personally think Decidueye would be cool. I really hope Isaac from Golden Sun makes an appearance... And Waluigi, this is more of a hope, not a prediction... :cry:

kZqOo6k.png

I think there will be a teaser of a Subspace Emissary. Something like a 20 second preview or 10 seconds, and then at the end. "Ultimate Subspace" or something like that... Whatever the mode will be called.

More stages hopefully.

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Character(s): Shantae, Sceptile, Incineroar are my 3 characters. I'd like at least one of them to show up
Mode: Please let that hidden thing be a subspace 2 or something similar to subspace
Online: Fix friend tournaments, make it an actual bracket instead of whatever mess it was on wii u

well i got everything

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
Overall this was a really disappointing direct despite the Piranha Plant memes

Will still have fun on VS mode at least. Maybe Spirits of Light will turn out better than expected

TheKoopaGuy

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Got everything except for Bandanna Waddle Dee (rip) and kinda single player modes. No news on target test, but multi-man smash is back

Over all, was a pretty nice direct. Also Piranha Plant is this game's WTF character like G&W, ROB, and Wii-fit trainer before him (her?, it?)