200 League Ruleset (Last Updated April 13th, 2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikkel

Arcadia
Staff member
Administrator
MKU Staff
200L Staff
CWL Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
I. Registration

1.1. Team Registration

A. All teams must have a page on the MKCentral 200cc Teams registry, and sign their team up for the respective 200 League event.

B. Teams must have at least nine players on their roster at all times during the 200L season.

C. Teams must have at minimum two, and maximum three representatives who have provided their contacts.
i. It is recommended that representatives organize matches in their respective division chat, or through Discord DMs.

1.2. Player Registration

A. All new player registrations must have an account on the MKCentral registry, and have no previous clan history to be classified as a new player registration.

B. All new player registrations must be done before Friday 7:59PM ET to be valid to play the upcoming week.

C. Players may only play for the team they are registered for on the MKCentral Registry and with the friend code on their player profile.

i. Players caught playing for a team they are not registered for or with a friend code they are not registered with will have their score subtracted or -120 for the match score.

ii. Friend codes can be updated or changed with proof up until Friday 7:59PM ET (Contact an MKCentral Moderator for this).

II. 200 League General Info

2.1. General Information

A. 200 League is a ten week round robin tournament with six team divisions (potentially 9 weeks if it is a 4 team division) , meaning that every team will play each other twice over the course of a season (three times if it’s a 4 team division).

B. All teams are responsible for sustaining stability during the span of a ten week season and are strongly encouraged to register only if they can guarantee that they can play all matches throughout the season.

i. If a team forfeits three matches during a season, they will be disqualified for the remainder of the season and the remainder of their matches will be scored as a forfeit (0-150).

2.2. Scoring System

A. Teams will be rewarded points for each 200 League match depending on the match result:

- 3 points for a win

- 1 point for a draw

- 1 point for a loss by 20 points or less

- 0 points for a loss by 21 points or more

- 0 points for a 0-0 double forfeit

B. In the case of a tie between two or more teams within a division, there will be a set of checks to determine the higher placing team (Tiebreakers):

- Most Points
- Most Wins
- Most Ties
- Record Between Tied Opponents
- Differential Between Tied Opponents
- Overall Differential Throughout The Season

III. 200 League Matches

3.1. Scheduling

A. The default match time for 200 League matches and events is Saturday 4:00 PM EDT/EST (22 CET/CEST).

B. Should a team need to reschedule an event, they may do so once per season before the end of the Sunday of the following week with consent from their opponents.

i. Exceptions can be made due to national holidays or large events taking place at that time, where at least four clan members or 10 players in the community will be participating.

3.2. Match Structure

A. The default match size is 6v6, and 6v6 is the only allowed format.

i. Matches may be played as a 5v6 if needed.

B. All matches will be played in 1 GP of 12 races.

C. 200 League matches are played with the following settings:

- 200cc

- All items (Normal) and coins enabled

- Free choice of characters, vehicles, tires and gliders

- No Teams option, meaning friendly fire is enabled

- Hard COM enabled

D. Players may choose any of the 48 tracks in the game and random.

i. Tracks may only be picked once during a match. Any player that dishonors this rule will be given a -20 penalty.

ii. If the track selected is a repick but it’s chosen via random, it will not be counted as a repick as the player cannot control what track is selected.

E. All matches will be played in private friend rooms hosted by a player on the home team. The home team is always the team on the left of the official schedule.

i. Teams are expected to choose a reliable host to prevent room crashes or disconnections.

3.3. Match Execution

3.3.1 Hosting the Room

A. The hosting team must provide a friend code to the other team at least 20 minutes before the scheduled start time.

B. The host must open the room no earlier than the scheduled starting time of the match and no later than 5 minutes past the scheduled starting time.

i. In the case of a player from neither team joins the room, the host must close the room immediately. The hosting team will not have to wait 30 seconds before joining.

ii. If the host opens the room ahead of time, the room must be closed and eventually reopened once the scheduled time has been reached. Failure to do so will result in a -10 points penalty for the hosting team.

iii. If the host fails to open the room within 5 minutes of the scheduled match time, they will receive a -10 points penalty. If the host fails to open the room within 10 minutes of the scheduled time, they will receive a -20 penalty. If the host fails to open the room within 15 minutes of the scheduled match time, the hosting team will automatically forfeit the match.

C. Once the room is open, the host must wait until either all players have joined and stayed in the room, or until 10 minutes have passed since the room was opened, whichever comes first.

i. If a team fails to get enough players in the room within 10 minutes after the room opens they receive a -10 point penalty.

ii. If a team fails to get enough players in room within 15 minutes after the room opens, they forfeit the match by default.

D. Once any match is started, the host may not close the room at any point in time without consent from the opposition, unless required by the rules to do so.

i. If the room is closed without consent from the opposition (which includes the host disconnecting), the host must reopen the room as soon as possible and other players from the hosting team must wait a minimum of 30 seconds before rejoining in order to give the away team spots 2-7. Failure to do so will result in a -20 points penalty.

ii. If the room is closed a second time without consent, the hosting team will receive a -20 points penalty and a host flag.

E. In the event of an abrupt room closure, the host must record a clip of themselves being disconnected/an error code appearing. If no clip is provided, then the hosting team will either receive a warning (if a first time offense), or a -20 (all offenses post-warning)

F. Teams may substitute a player when needed. The host does not need to add the substitute player.

3.3.2. Disconnections and Player Compensation

A. In all matches, players who disconnect but whose bot appears on the result screen will receive their bot’s points.

B. If a player had a disconnection during a race, their score will still be counted towards their player individuals for the division by default.

i. If a player did not play in at least 7 full races of a war, that war will not count towards their player individuals.

C. If 2 or more people disconnect before or during a race with at least one from each team, the race does not count and the host must close the room.

D. Races that begin with a 2-player differential between teams due to disconnections will not count. The room must be closed and reopened, with the team that was short on players waiting 30 seconds after the room is reopened for the opponent to join.

E. In the event that all players have finished the race and results do not show (most often a player frozen on the minimap), causing the room to crash, the host must reopen the room and does not need to wait 30 seconds for the opposing team to join.

F. Should teams disagree on whether a race should count, or if there is any reasonable doubt as to a race counting, it is mandatory for teams to play an additional race after the match. If two or more races are disagreed upon, then that number of races has to be played in addition to the original 12. It will then be decided by staff which races count.

A. The hosting team must provide results of the match by Monday 4:59 PM EDT (or up until 24 hours post rescheduled match) with a table that provides the total match score and individual scores. The hosting team also needs to provide proof of the match and any miscellaneous events such as disconnections.

i. Failure to do so will result in a 0-150 forfeit for the hosting team.

C. Forfeits in 200 League are scored 150-0.

D. Should both teams forfeit the same match, it will be scored as a 0-0 tie and no points will be awarded.

i. A match between two disqualified and/or withdrawn teams will be scored as a 0-0 double forfeit.

3.5. Mii Names

A. Clan tags must start on the first character in your name unless it is surrounded by separators.

i. Clan tags must be identical to what was signed up with. In the event of two clans having the same tag in one match, clan representatives will determine different clan tags to use that make it clear who belongs to each team.

ii. Separators consist of any non-alphabetical character that is not easily mistaken with any alphabetical character.

TAG Name ✅

=TAG=Name ✅

/TAG\Name ❌

=/TAG\Name❌

iii. No separator is needed if the casings of the tag and the first letter of a player’s name are different.

- TAGname ✅

- TagName ✅

- TAGName ❌

- Tagname ❌

B. Players must use a Mii name which makes them easily recognizable as their alias on the MKCentral registry. Failure to do so will result in a -10 points penalty for the match.

Registry: Locatedhook3, Player Name: AU Lhook3 ✓

Registry: Locatedhook3, Player Name: AUhook3 ✓

Registry: Locatedhook3, Player Name: AULocated ×

Registry: Locatedhook3, Player Name: AU 7 ×

C. Players will not be penalized for missing or incorrect tags until the start of the second race due to the possibility of lag concerning mii names.

IV. Conduct, Cheating, and Lagging

4.1. Conduct
A. All players are expected to behave in a respectful and mature way.

i. Failure to do so could result in 200 League staff banning the player from participating in the remainder of the current season and the rest of the seasons in the future.

B. Should a player or team feel they have been mistreated by another player or team, they may report that player or team to a 200 League staff member who will then bring up the case to the rest of the staff with any evidence given to them.

4.2. Intentional Cheating

A. Any player caught or suspected of cheating in any way (hacking, exploitations, etc.) will be banned from current and future seasons of 200 League.

B. Any matches that the player has played in containing undeniable evidence of them cheating in it will have all their points removed.

4.3. Lagging

A. Intentional lagging is to be considered a form of cheating and will be dealt as such.

B. Any other cases of lagging will be handled with the help of a 200 League division admin.
i. If they deem it necessary, any 200 League staff member may warn any player whose lag disrupts the 200 League matches.
ii. Players with repeated offenses due to lag may be banned from current and future seasons of 200 League until they prove that their connection can be reliable.

Last edited:

mikkel

Arcadia
Staff member
Administrator
MKU Staff
200L Staff
CWL Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
We've updated the ruleset! (April 13th, 2020)

There's some major changes that we've made to the ruleset, but here is the important stuff:
- No midseason transfers
- 5v5 is no longer allowed, if you only have 5 you must play a 5v6 or reschedule your match to a later time.
- If a host DCs, they must get a clip of them DCing to prove that it is a legitimate host disconnection.
- Mini hosting clarification
- Results can be posted up until 4:59PM EDT on Monday (changed from 7:59PM EDT Sunday) without getting a hosting flag/strike.

For more details, you can read every changed rule here (changes in bold, removals have a line through them):
3.2.D.ii If the track selected is a repick but it’s chosen via random, it will not be counted as a repick as the player cannot control what track is selected.

3.3.1.E In the event of an abrupt room closure, the host must record a clip of themselves being disconnected/an error code appearing. If no clip is provided, then the hosting team will either receive a warning (if a first time offense), or a -20 (all offenses post-warning).

4.2.B Any matches that the player has played in containing undeniable evidence of them cheating in it will have all their points removed.
1.1A. All teams must have a page on the MKCentral 200cc Teams registry, and sign their team up for the respective 200 League event.
1.2A. All new player registrations must have an account on the MKCentral registry, and have no previous clan history to be classified as a new player registration.
1.2C. Players may only play for the team they are registered for on the MKCentral Registry and with the friend code on their player profile.
1.2.C.i. Players caught playing for a team they are not registered for or with a friend code they are not registered with will have their score subtracted or -120 (-100 in a 5v5) for the match score.

2.2.A Removed the parts regarding penalties in 5v5s.

3.1.A The default match time for 200 League matches and events is Saturday 4:00 PM EDT/EST (22 CET/CEST).
3.2.A The default match size is 6v6, and 6v6 is the only allowed format.
3.2.D Removed the parts regarding settings for 5v5 matches.
3.3.1A. The hosting team must provide a friend code to the other team at least 20 minutes before the scheduled start time.
3.3.1.B.iii. If the host opens the room ahead of time, the room must be closed and eventually reopened once the scheduled time has been reached. Failure to do so will result in a -10 (-7 for 5v5) points penalty for the hosting team.
3.3.1.Biv. If the host fails to open the room within 5 minutes of the scheduled match time, they will receive a -10 (-7 in 5v5) points penalty. If the host fails to open the room within 10 minutes of the scheduled time, they will receive a -20 (-14 in 5v5) penalty. If the host fails to open the room within 15 minutes of the scheduled match time, the hosting team will automatically forfeit the match.
3.3.1.C.i. If a team fails to get enough players in the room within 10 minutes after the room opens they receive a -10 (-7 in 5v5) point penalty.
3.3.1.D.i If the room is closed without consent from the opposition (which includes the host disconnecting), the host must reopen the room as soon as possible and other players from the hosting team must wait a minimum of 30 seconds before rejoining in order to give the away team spots 2-7. Failure to do so will result in a -20 (-14 in 5v5) points penalty.
3.3.1.D.ii If the room is closed a second time without consent, the hosting team will receive a -20 (-14 in 5v5) points penalty and a host flag.
3.3.2.E. In the event that all players have finished the race and results do not show (most often a player frozen on the minimap), causing the room to crash, the host must reopen the room and does not need to wait 30 seconds for the opposing team to join.
3.3.2.F Should teams disagree on whether a race should count, or if there is any reasonable doubt as to a race counting, it is mandatory for teams to play an additional race after the match. If two or more races are disagreed upon, then that number of races has to be played in addition to the original 12. It will then be decided by staff which races count.
3.4.A. The hosting team must provide results of the match by Monday 4:59 PM EDT (or up until 24 hours post a rescheduled match) with a table that provides the total match score and individual scores. The hosting team also needs to provide proof of the match and any miscellaneous events such as disconnections.
3.5.B. Players must use a Mii name which makes them easily recognizable as their alias on the MKCentral registry. Failure to do so will result in a -10 (-7 in a 5v5) points penalty for the match.
The entirety of 1.3 "Player Transfers"

3.1.B. The default match time for 200 UML matches is Saturday 4:00 PM ET (23 CET).

3.2.A.i If a team only has five players at the time of a match, it may be played as a 5v5 with consent from the other team.

3.3.1.i It is recommended for the host to have their friend settings set to "best friends only" to prevent random players from joining, as well as setting every player in the match as a "best friend."

3.4.B If a match is played as a 5v5, the overall scores will be multiplied by 1.414 and all individual scores will be multiplied by 1.18, rounded to whole numbers to represent the scores of a 6v6 match.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.