An Update on Staff Decisions in the Future

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

duncan

:3
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Hello everyone,

We'd like to be more transparent with how we handle our ban/reported cases in the future, and for a multitude of reasons the staff team has decided that in the future, we are going to be much more strict with our rulings. Targeted toxicity towards anyone or hate speech towards any group should not and will not be tolerated on our site and in our community.

Please treat this as a warning, as we genuinely do not want to ban anyone in the community. However, in the future we'd like everyone to think before they decide to say something, or write something. Chances are if you get punished, you will regret it in the near future, which we don't want happening. We hope as a whole that we can be better to each other, as at the end of the day we all share the same passion towards the same game, and we've all made bonds with one another. We as a staff team promise that we won't fail you and we will be here for you.

Thanks for your continued support,
MKCentral Staff

Benjax

Viva la palta
Site Supporter
Founding Member
IMG_20190809_073218.jpg

Vike

Staff member
Administrator
Site Developer
Site Supporter
What is the staff's opinion on a person calling another clan or person free? Would that constitute as targeted toxicity which will lead to action by the moderators?

low1337

Site Supporter
A4aaFip.png

These are just shallow words but it's a start and we will judge you based on your actions. You don't have to go from 0 to permanent ban. Just have tiers of bans with increasing time which can also expire after a certain amount of time just like twitch for example. If you need objective advice my dm's are open.

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
A4aaFip.png

These are just shallow words but it's a start and we will judge you based on your actions. You don't have to go from 0 to permanent ban. Just have tiers of bans with increasing time which can also expire after a certain amount of time just like twitch for example. If you need objective advice my dm's are open.

I don't think its that we will be doing harsher bans, its just that some people have been getting away with things after we tried to see if they would show change, but they didnt. So now that the "trust route" doesnt seem to work, we are going to just have to hand out more bans to make people understand. It sucks, but after trying to trust people to change and they dont, we have to just do this now

low1337

Site Supporter
You cann't have harsher bans if there weren't any bans in the first place and nobody is advocating for a permanent ban for some minor offenses. People are just frustrated with the enforcement of rules that are in place to prevent unacceptable behaviour. Also it's never a good idea to trust random people on the internet that aren't even considered adults in front of the law.

Reactions: Seb

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Last edited:
If people want me off the staff team (not even on MKC staff which is what this post refers to, just on MKU) than I would be okay with removing myself. I've contributed more than my share by now anyways. I'd be the first to admit I get really emotional and have pop offs.
Dont worry Teeples. Im just saying you better watch out in the future before saying stuff like that because Mikkel doesnt want to ban you obviously. I mean if you get punished, you might regret it in the near future which Mikkel doesnt want to happen.

What is the staff's opinion on a person calling another clan or person free? Would that constitute as targeted toxicity which will lead to action by the moderators?
And if this ever happens I will literally open a new Mkboards without ppl like you/ppl who have a problem with that lol

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Dont worry Teeples. Im just saying you better watch out in the future before saying stuff like that because Mikkel doesnt want to ban you obviously. I mean if you get punished, you might regret it in the near future which Mikkel doesnt want to happen.

Yeah. I understand. Hopefully there's never a rule about going shirtless though or it's literally games.

Monfi

Founding Member
Unfortunately the entire team ARC will get banned in the near future because of toxic behaviour towards our beloved staff member mikkel. :cry: Remember WHO you call sus guys!!!! We gave him too much power :devilish: