Bought the game online, cannot change my country to Thailand. Must remain USA. Solution?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kri5tian

Hi Guys, i'm having some zonal issues. I bought the game online and to do so i had to do with USA zone. I think i tried with UK and did not work. Anyways, i'm based in Thailand and would like to play the game with the Thai flag, thus when i change my country via https://accounts.nintendo.com/ - after a second attempt at playing online it say's i don't have an online account and i need to purchase the membership. Even if i try to purchase another online account, cannot. Say's this country does not have the ability to buy the online pack.

Nonetheless, does anyone have a solution and is perhaps buying the game physically (I.e. game chip in Thailand), the solution?

Kind Regards and Happy Racing,
Chris

Max-potion

Site Supporter
Founding Member
You can use a certain exploit to use the flag of Thailand while being able to play online.

How it works;
1. Go to the accounts.nintendo.com site
2. Change your country to Thailand
3. Go to Nintendo eShop, you will get an error message. (This is normal)
4. Go to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
5. Change your country on the site again to USA.
6. Go online on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

The biggest issue is that you will have to do this process every time you want to play.

Kri5tian

Hi Max, appreciate the time you took to explain that. Unfortunately that's basically what i've been doing in the past. As you said, need to do it every time i play. Bit of a nightmare. Wondering if buying the physical game (chip) in Thailand as opposed to the purchase being made online would make any difference? And if it did, would i need to start from scratch with regards to the points i've already accumulated.

Surely there are thousand's of people facing the same issues. Why haven't Nintendo done something about this do you think? Sorry for all the questions. Just want to see to a solution that's all.

Many thanks!

NIGHT

Staff member
Media Staff
Site Supporter
I think it is because the eshop is not active in Thailand. Similar to how players from countries like El Salvador play under a different flag.

Zachruff

Yeah sadly Nintendo is really stupid with how they do region stuff, so yeah if you do not have an official eshop in your country you cant connect online and use your flag unless you do the exploit outlined above