CWL Ruleset (Updated April 25, 2021)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TromTendo

Staff member
MKU Staff
Amplify Staff
200L Staff
Founding Member
Clan War League Ruleset - Updated April 25, 2021

*Staff may enforce rules to their discretion based on the situation, and penalties may be subject to change. It is not an excuse to not follow the rules, and discretion will be used as rarely as possible.
*In the event that there are discrepancies between the English ruleset and its translations, the English ruleset will be used.

1.1. Team Registration
a. All teams who wish to participate in Clan War League (CWL) must be registered on the MarioKartCentral (MKC) Registry.​
i. Any CWL or MKC Staff member may be contacted to assist any team leader in registering their team to MKC.​
b. All teams must have a minimum of six (6) players registered at all times during the competition to be eligible for CWL.​
c. All teams are required to have one representative. By default, a team’s representative will be the player with the “Manager” title on the MKC Registry.​
d. All teams who wish to participate in CWL must sign up via MKC’s Tournament section.​

1.2. Player Registration
a. All players are required to be on their team’s MKC registry at all times during the competition to be eligible to play in CWL.​
b. Players may only be registered for one team at a given time.​
i. Players who attempt to create another account to register for multiple teams will be banned in accordance with MKC's ban policies.​
c. Players may only play CWL for the team they are registered for.​
i. Players who play for another team will have their score subtracted from any matches they participated in.​
d. Players may only participate in CWL matches with the friend code they registered with on the MKC Registry.​
i. Players who play with an alternate friend code will have their score subtracted from any matches they participated in with the incorrect friend code.​
ii. Players who wish to change their friend code must contact a CWL or MKC Staff member before Friday at 11:59pm UTC.​

1.3. Mixed Squads
a. Teams that have signed up with multiple squads may move one player into a higher division squad outside of the regular transfer window up to one time.
b. All teams who transfer a player outside of the transfer window must also choose one player that will not be able to play any more matches throughout the season.
c. The player who was moved up will remain there for the rest of the season.
d. The purpose of section 1.3. Mixed Squads is not to grant mixed squads an extra player, but to instead allow them to have a replacement in the event one of their players is no longer able to finish the current season.

2.1. Format
a. The total number of teams which declared participation will be divided into several divisions of 8 teams each based on skill level. Each of these divisions will be seeded into two conferences of 4. Changes can be made depending on the number of participating teams at staff’s discretion.​
b. The season length is 7 weeks by default (5 weeks main season, 2 weeks playoffs). Teams in the same conference will play each other twice, and will play each team in the other conference once by default.​
c. Conferences are ranked based on a team's overall Wins-Ties-Losses record throughout the season.​
A win earns a team three (3) points, a tie earns a team one (1) point and a loss earns a team zero (0) points.​
d. In the case of a tie between two or more teams within a conference, there will be a set of checks to determine the higher placing team (Tiebreakers):​
1. Most amount of wins vs tied opponents​
2. Conference Record​
3. +/- between tied opponents​
4. Overall +/-​
i. If two or more teams are tied for a wild card spot in a division, the tiebreaker order is as follows:​
1. W-D-L Record​
2. Head-to-head series wins between the 2+ tied teams​
3. Average +/- in head-to-head series​
4. Overall +/-​
2.2. Playoffs
a. The playoff bracket will start with first place of each conference playing against a wild card in the division.​
b. The playoffs will be a 4-team best-of-3 single-elimination bracket.​
c. Teams’ rosters will be locked during playoffs; no new players or transfers may be added after Week 5.​
d. In the event a playoff match is tied after race 12, the two teams will play an additional GP (3 races) to determine the winner of the match.​
e. If the score is still tied after the additional GP, then the teams must play single races until the match is no longer tied.​

3.1. Scheduling
a. All teams must indicate their preferred time zone prior to the start of any given season.​
b. All matches will be given a default time on Sunday according to the following schedule.​
unknown.png
c. Teams have the option to reschedule their match if they do not have enough players to play at the default time.​
i. The opposing team is not required under normal circumstances to grant a reschedule and may opt to take a forfeit win in their favor.​
ii. The opposing team is required to grant a reschedule when the default match times coincides with a team's national holiday or a large event, defined as any event in which three or more of a team's roster will be attending.​
iii. In the event both teams are unable to play at the default time and cannot agree to a rescheduled time, the match will be scored as a double forfeit.​
d. Teams must indicate their desire to reschedule a match prior to the default start time.​
e. All rescheduled matches must be played before the end of the following week.​
f. In the event a player was registered for any given team at the default time and date and has since left their team prior to the time and date of the reschedule, that player will not be allowed to participate in the rescheduled match.​

3.2. Match Structure
a. All CWL matches will be played in a 4v4 format.​
i. A team may play with only three (3) players in the event they do not have four (4) available players. In this scenario, the room is to be played with COM Racers disabled.​
ii. Any team with only two (2) available players must forfeit or reschedule the match.​
b. All CWL matches will consist of twelve (12) races.​
c. All players will have a free choice of drivers, karts and gliders.​

3.3. Match Execution

3.3.A. Hosting a CWL Match
a. The team on the left side of the schedule is the hosting team by default.​
i. Players with an individual flag for lagging will not be allowed to host.​
b. The host must open the room with the following settings:​

• 2 Teams
  • Team Attack: On (Checked)
  • Speed: 150cc
  • Item Slots: 2
  • COM Racers: Yes (See rule 3.2.a.i. for exceptions)
  • Number of Races: 12
  • Join Method: Anyone
i. Rooms that are started with incorrect settings will be reopened and any races with the incorrect settings will not count.​
ii. Failure to start a room with the correct settings may result in an individual host flag.​
c. The hosting team must provide a friend code to their opponent at least twenty (20) minutes prior to the start of their match.​
i. At least one player from both teams must add all the players from the opposing team at least ten (10) minutes prior to the start of the match. A screenshot of the lobby screen will be required to verify any disputes regarding potential unregistered players.​
ii. They must accept all friend requests received at least ten (10) minutes prior to creating the friend room.​
iii. Violations regarding any rule in section 3.3.1.c. may result in that team receiving a team host flag.​
d. The host must open the room no earlier than the default or agreed match time and no later than five (5) minutes after the aforementioned time.​
i. In the event any player joins the room that is not registered for either team, the host must close and reopen the room.​
e. The host must wait to start the room until either all eight players have joined or until ten minutes after the room was opened.​
i. In the event a team does not have enough players in the room after ten (10) minutes, they will receive a -5 point penalty.​
ii. In the event a team does not have enough players in the room after fifteen (15) minutes, they must forfeit or reschedule the match.​
f. The host may not close the room for any reason unless required to do so by the CWL Ruleset.​
g. The hosting team must take a screenshot of every race’s result screen.​
i. Failure to do so will result in a team host flag.​
h. Consequences for receiving individual host flags are as follows:​
i. First flag: The player will receive a warning from the CWL Staff Team.​
ii. Second flag: The player will not be allowed to host any matches for the remainder of the season.​
iii. Third flag: The player will not be allowed to host any matches for the remainder of the current season and the entirety of future CWL seasons.​
i. Consequences for receiving team host flags are as follows:​
i. First flag: The team will receive a warning from the CWL Staff Team.​
ii. Second flag: The opponent team will reserve the right to host if they choose to do so for the remainder of the season.​

3.3.B. Disconnections and Substitutions
a. Teams may substitute one player for another player at any point during the match.​
b. Players who disconnect at any point during a race and whose name appears on the results screen will receive their bot's points for that race. They may rejoin the room for the next race.​
c. In the event a player disconnects and is replaced by a CPU, the room is to be reopened and the race will not count.​
i. Each team may only reset the room twice in accordance with 3.3.B.c. Further disconnections will be played out with regard to rule 3.3.B.b.​
d. In the event at least one player from both teams and at least three players in total disconnect during a race, the room is to be reopened and the race will not count.​
e. In the event a race is completed but the results do not show, the room is to be reopened and the race will not count.​
f. In the event, for any reason, there is a dispute as to whether or not a race is or is not to be counted, an additional race must be played and the Division Manager will review the case.​
3.4 Match Results
a. All scores will be calculated in accordance to the Mario Kart 7 points structure. The structure is as follows:​

• 1st: 10 Points
  • 2nd: 8 Points
  • 3rd: 6 Points
  • 4th: 5 Points
  • 5th: 4 Points
  • 6th: 3 Points
  • 7th: 2 Points
  • 8th: 1 Point
b. Results should be posted in the appropriate place by anyone from the winning team, even if they are not a representative. This must be done within 24 hours of the match's completion unless otherwise stated on the day of their match. If the match is tied, the hosting team should post results.​
i. A match results thread must contain a table with all players’ names, individual scores for the entire match as well as team scores for the entire match, and must follow the following format: [W#] TeamA ScoreA - ScoreB TeamB​
ii. Failure to do so may result in a double forfeit.​
c. A forfeit will be scored as 50-0 for total points and 0-0 for GPs.​
i. A double forfeit will be scored as 0-0 for total points and 0-0 for GPs.​

3.5 Mii Names
a. Clan tags must stand in front of your nickname and have to begin in the first spot of the Mii’s name.​
i. Exceptions can be made if the tag is surrounded by separators (see rule 3.5.b.i.), in which case the tag itself may start in the second spot of the Mii’s name.​

• [TAG]Name ✓
  • ♪TAG★Name ✓
  • ★★TAG★Name ×
b. Tags need to be visibly separated from the nickname using a separator.​
i. A separator is any non-alphanumeric character and any character that does not closely resemble an alphanumeric character.​

• TAG Player ✓
  • TAG☆Player ✓
  • TAG$Player ×
  • TAG©Player ×
ii. No separator is required if the casing of the last letter of the tag does not match the casing of the first letter of the nickname.​

• ARCanine ✓
  • svcSoldier ✓
  • ARCANINE ×
  • svcsoldier ×
c. Tags must always use the exact same casing as the official tag the team is registered with for every single character.​
d. Players must use a Mii name which makes them easily recognizable as their alias on the MKC Registry.​

• Registry: Diogo Dos Santos Costa, Mii: HD DDSC ✓
  • Registry: Soldier, Mii: USA Sldr ✓
  • Registry: Soldier, Mii: HD Soldier ✓
  • Registry: Soldier, Mii: HDaddy ×
e. Players must not use Mii names including anything that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, slanderous, libelous, foul, insulting, obscene, defamatory, racist or otherwise offensive in either a general sense or directed towards particular people. Failure to do so will result in a conduct strike for the respective player​
f. Any penalty regarding Mii names will be recorded only once for the entire match, regardless of how many races the offending player played with the incorrect Mii name​
i. Penalties will be recorded separately if the offending player used several incorrect Mii names during the same match.​
g. Teams will be punished in the following way for violating these rules:​

• First offense: Warning
  • Second offense: -5 point penalty
i. If two or more players on a team violate these rules at once, the team will not receive a warning and will receive a -5 penalty.​

4.1 Conduct
a. All teams and players are expected to behave in a respectful and professional manner to staff members and other players alike. This includes, but is not limited to, the MKT-C Discord server, MKC Discord server, MKC Forums, Discord DMs, and Twitter.​
i. Failure to comply with MKT-C and MKC’s user policies may result in a player or team conduct flag.​
b. Individual conduct flags will yield the following consequences:​
i. First flag: The player will receive a warning from the CWL Staff team.​
ii. Second flag: The player will not be allowed to participate in the next two CWL matches. This may carry over into the next season if there are not enough games left in the current season.​
iii. Third flag: The player will not be allowed to participate in the remainder of the CWL. This may carry over into the next season if there are not enough games left in the current season.​
iv. Fourth flag: The player will be indefinitely banned from participating in any CWL matches.​
c. Team conduct flags will yield the following consequences:​
i. First flag: The team will receive a warning from the CWL Staff team.​
ii. Second flag: The team’s previous and/or upcoming CWL match will be scored as a forfeit.​
iii. Third flag: The team will be removed from the current CWL season or will not be allowed to participate in the next season of CWL.​
iv. Fourth flag: The team will not be allowed to participate in future CWL seasons.​

4.2 Unfair Advantages

4.2.A. Intentional Cheating
a. Any player who attempts to cheat may have their points removed, may receive individual flags, or other consequences as seen fit by the CWL Staff team.​
b. All forms of hacking, rule manipulation, and other forms of cheating that hurt the integrity of the league are not allowed.​
c. All cases of cheating must be presented to the CWL Staff team with undeniable evidence to take any effect.​
d. Teams are responsible for keeping their players in check. Other players on the team may face similar consequences to players who cheat.​
e. Withholding knowledge of a player who is cheating is a punishable offense.​
4.2.B. Lagging
a. Intentional lagging will be handled in accordance with subsection 4.2.A.​
b. All other forms of lag may warrant a player receiving a lag flag depending on the severity of the offense.​
i. One lag flag: The player will be placed on a private watch list and will be notified by the CWL Staff team.​
ii. Two lag flags: The player will be put on a public watch list.​
iii. Additional lag flags: The player may not be allowed to participate in any more CWL matches.​
c. All cases of lagging must be presented to the CWL Staff team with undeniable evidence to take any effect.​

4.2.C. Bans and Reinstatement
a. Teams and players who are banned on MKC will be banned from participating in CWL.​
b. Teams who are banned from CWL that attempt to register for future CWL seasons under a different name will not be seeded and may receive a longer ban length.​
c. Players who are banned from CWL and attempt to participate in future CWL matches under a different name will have their points removed and may receive a longer ban length.​
d. Teams and players who wish to be reinstated may do so by following MKC’s reinstatement process.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.