Discoveries on TH and dAC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kirbmon23

Hello MKC! So last night I found out some things regarding the two tracks Toad Harbor and Animal Crossing [Fall, Summer, Winter], and I thought that it would be really nice to share my discoveries and how I think it could impact 6v6s, and just give my insight on everything related.

I made sure that this material wasn't already a thing talked about to avoid reposts and, unless I'm completely blind and bad at navigating, it has not, so I would like to talk a bit in depth about it more!
---------------
Toad Harbor

Very minor discovery here, but I was testing out the crates and what items came out of it. The three items I was able to make spawn were bananas, green shells, and mushrooms.

These 3 items, when spawned out of a crate / chest, have durations from when they pop out to when they disappear.

- green shells (disappear after 20 seconds)
- bananas (disappear after 60 seconds)
- mushrooms (disappear after 60 seconds)

- How they pop out of the crates is completely random, but as far as I am aware, they will never pop out in the driving line.

Basically, if you're bagging for your team here you could try seeing if you can provide them with a shroom going into lap 2. This could be somewhat challenging because of how the crates and boxes are set up, but it would be very satisfying if done properly. Because the shroom cooldown is 60 seconds, so long as the frontrunner drives fast enough, they'll surely be able to get your shrooms in time.
------------------------
Animal Crossing [Fall, Summer, Winter]

I've got two discoveries here!

#1: The Trees and its fruit

Because of the fact that spring has no fruit trees, it's being left out here.

In regards to the other three seasons, these are the trees that you, as a player, are able to interact with:

ALL OF THE SEASONS have 7 orange trees, 3 apple trees, and 1 lemon tree.

How do the fruits and trees work?
- obviously they work just like a mushroom boost.
- you can also hit the trees with a red shell or green shell to harvest fruit. ( )
- The orange tree fruit here in the middle will always spawn in a specific way, no matter what angle you hit the tree at. ( )

Additionally, the fruit does not despawn unless a shock happens; this can mean that, if you're bagging the track, you can go out of your way to spawn fruit for your frontrunning teammates. (For 100% consistency, bonking the orange tree in the direction of the glider, as shown in the clip, is more reccomended, as it will always fall into line of the frontrunner.) ( )
-
However, be very careful if a stray green shell decides to bonk off of an orange tree before your teammates hypothetically reach the fruit on lap 2.

- You can only have 3 apples / 3 oranges on the track at a time, no matter what specific tree it may have spawned from. In the lemon's case, only 2 at a time.
------- Because of this, whichever fruit that was on the ground the earliest gets despawned off the track to make room for the new one.

Here are all three examples of this:

- Oranges (please note: there were 3 oranges spawned before going to the tree next to the glider.) ( )
- Lemons ( )
- Apples (https://twitter.com/whendidcowjump9/status/1499101152163495938?s=20&t=TiPG5UvhSTEa3zbgMQQkug)

Could there be other ways to aid your frontrunners?

Right after I got through testing all of that out, it made me wonder if the bagger could potentially go backwards and spawn a fruit close enough to where the frontrunner teammate can take the fruit through the shortcut at the end of the lap. However, intentional or not, Nintendo put no trees in any seasons that could spawn fruit near & before the shortcut after the orange ramp boost.

Although there is this "randomness" of whether or not your frontunning teammate(s) will be able to enjoy the fruit because of other orange trees being hit, thus despawning those oranges, it is always worth it to do it if you are bagging / in the back!

-------------

#2: Foulness from above

If you sit right here, right after the orange boost ramp, you are able to see AND interact via items with racers that are at the 3-logs section as they're passing by. Perhaps, if the opposition is top 5, you can have someone in your team try to snipe them before they pass by via Crazy 8, bombs, bananas, or greens? Not sure how useful it could be in reality, from Lakitu breathing all on your neck to accidental DCing from backing up too much, but still food for thought.

(https://twitter.com/whendidcowjump9/status/1499104556852019200?s=20&t=TiPG5UvhSTEa3zbgMQQkugk)
(https://twitter.com/whendidcowjump9/status/1499104396977737728?s=20&t=TiPG5UvhSTEa3zbgMQQkug)
(https://twitter.com/whendidcowjump9/status/1499104199954472961?s=20&t=TiPG5UvhSTEa3zbgMQQkug)
(https://twitter.com/whendidcowjump9/status/1499103958727417856?s=20&t=TiPG5UvhSTEa3zbgMQQkug)

You could also try aiming your items from the other side where the last set of item boxes are, right before you go over the orange boost ramp, since it's pretty easy to control not DCing in that situation. (Have not tried this method out yet.)
-------

Thank you if you read to this point, this was really fun to look into and deep-dive into and I hope you guys enjoyed reading it, too. I hope some of you will mess around with this knowledge for your future [practice] wars, and please give feedback if you have any, thank you

(Edit: All of my edits are officially final, sorry. Experienced a small problem with Twitter links 😁)

Last edited:

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
may be useful information for Felix, who likes playing a lap down

this reminds me of the MKWii strategies where players in last would obtain stars and get themselves hit with road hazards to spawn stars for first place

I'm not sure if this effect will have any signifnance for the 6v6 meta, but I could see it maybe impacting a race or two depending on the circumstance

Realistically though, if you're a lap behind, it's more likely that your team isn't in 1st place in this game