Division 7 - Standings & Fixtures

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TromTendo

Staff member
MKU Staff
Amplify Staff
200L Staff
Founding Member
D7PP_Banner_Small.png

Playoffs

unknown.png

Standings

unknown.png

Fixtures

unknown.png

Individuals
unknown.png

For questions or concerns, don't be afraid to reach out to me (@TromTendo / TromTendo#7586) through Discord or in the MKU server. Good luck to everyone this season!

Last edited:

Blue Orange

MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Battle Brigade now holds the record for the team with the highest winning percentage to not make the playoffs at 60% as I went through all of MKU history to confirm this. Also, before today, in MKU’s current format that has been used for the past four seasons, the best worst record in a conference was 4-1-5. We completely annihilated that by finishing 6-4 and jumping over 5-5, which is like 100 times more likely to occur first. I’m not even mad at not making the playoffs and most likely losing like countless other teams, as at least this way we hold some kind of distinctive honor. While we’re at it, congrats to staff for creating the most lopsided division in the history of MKU! If only we could’ve beaten BoB in week 1, then all four of us would’ve finished 7-3 which would’ve just made everything that much more improbably historic haha
You may not have looked hard enough because there have been at least 3 other instances of 6-4 teams not making playoffs. Hornets just missed D6 playoffs, and Turbo Shells just missed D14 playoffs (both today). Star Clan also did once in Season 11 D2.
GUjXLaI.png

We try our best to prevent lopsided conferences, but often times we only have scrim results to go by, and we can't predict if teams will under-perform or over-perform.

Last edited:

Francis

You may not have looked hard enough because there have been at least 3 other instances of 6-4 teams not making playoffs. Hornets just missed D6 playoffs, and Turbo Shells just missed D14 playoffs (both today). Star Clan also did once in Season 11 D2.
GUjXLaI.png

We try our best to prevent lopsided conferences, but often times we only have scrim results to go by, and we can't predict if teams will under-perform or over-perform.

Just wondering, even though there have been 6-4 teams who have missed playoffs; have there been 6-4 teams to finish bottom of a conference?

Again, I completely understand why the division was seeded like this, especially for low divisions going by scrims makes it harder to seed. Knowing y24k personally I know he wasn't annoyed or felt cheated that the seedings were this way, rather kind of proud to at least have a shared MKU record with other teams. MKU staff have been doing a great job arranging this event for many seasons now, and seedings are usually very well done; sometimes there are a couple lopsided conferences or a team that shouldn't be in a division, sure, but that's just how seedings work, and they should be proud of themselves.

yoshi24kobe

Yeah, Francis is exactly right. I know making divisions and seedings is a tough job and there will always be people who disagree with certain placements even before the season technically gets underway. Like I knew our conference was much tougher than the other one even before this season started and even thought teams like Pandala and DST should have switched divisions entirely, but the preliminary seedings stayed as they were. Also, ignore the last sentence from my previous comment. Forgot tsf also went 6-4 like us instead of 7-3 lmao. But yeah, our conference defeated the other conference 15-1 in interconference matchups which aligned with my preseason predictions of our conference containing four of the top five teams. And my bad for the “congrats to staff...” comment. I was being pretty sarcastic, which is nearly impossible to tell through text of course, and it was not meant to offend anyone or undermine the staff’s work, but clearly you guys took it a different way. I greatly appreciate the work everyone does on this site (=