Early track reactions/rankings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheKoopaGuy

Site Supporter
Founding Member
I know the DLC's only been around for a few days, so we can't really say how toxic a track is going to be in wars/lounge until it's played more, but I was curious what everyone's thoughts were early on. I'll start with mine and I'll go in least favourite to favourite tracks (loosely ranked)

8. Wii Coconut Mall
Looking to be terribly toxic, super narrow, awkward lines and a very poor track with very few coins in the optimal lines. There's already 3 bill strats and the one that starts on the line and the one that starts in cut, are massive, particularly skipping the awful turn before 2nd set. I hate to call someone out specifically, but Rookie, I think you called it being a running track far too early, it's gonna be TM at best, imo

7. DS Shroom Ridge
I dislike car tracks as a rule, so I'm not a huge fan of this. Major step up from rTT, but still not that fun. Good music and decent to drive in 1st, however, the pack is hell, not a fan.

6. 3DS Toad Circuit
Shorter rMC, not the worst, but not that fun either, at least it isn't any LC.

5. Tour Tokyo Blur
Most "meh" track in the 1st wave, nothing extraordinary, nothing terrible. It's fun enough to drive, but has a few awkward turns that I'm not a fan of.

4. Tour Ninja Hideaway
The custom track of Nintendo tracks, truly bizarre design that isn't bad save for the moving platform that throws you into a terrible line if you aren't on pace, also the cut is super awkard to get into, will get better with practice, i'd imagine (this is why these are early reactions), but still weird to do initially.

3. Tour Paris Promenade
Probably my worst opinion is that I like this track, it's really nice to drive and I like the way the split paths are made where the faster path skips an item set. I like how lap 3 is different and as you going reversed on the track. TBD how toxic thar ends up being in wars. Not as fun as others, but I do really enjoy playing it.

2. GBA Sky Garden
Despite the downgrade from its DS and GBA counterparts, this version is still really fun to drive. I like the nisc on last turn and the superbounce off the leaf is oddly satisfying to do. Really fun to drive despite being barely recognizable from its original version.

1. N64 Choco Mountain
Unsure how much of a hot take this is, but CM64 is so far my favourite track. Other than the bridge at glider landing that isn't trickable, the track plays really nicely and its looking to be a welcome additon to midspot/lounge tracks in the vain of DS, ED and rGV.

Last edited:

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Only done a few frooms and played each 3/4 times so far but:

1. Ninja Hideaway
2. Shroom Ridge
3. Choco Mountain
4. Coconut Mall
5. Toad Circuit
6. Paris Promenade
7. Sky Garden
8. Tokyo Blur

Shiba_

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Paris Promenade
Coconut Mall
Ninja Hideaway
Tokyo Blur
Sky Garden
Choco Mountain
Toad Circuit

Shroom Ridge

Jack

Site Supporter
I'm ranking these purely on how I've experienced them playing/how fun they are to drive. Not visually or anything because that'd be completely different. (best to worse)
Tokyo Blur
Coconut Mall
Paris Promenade
Choco Mountain
Shroom Ridge
Ninja Hideaway
Sky Garden

Toad Circuit

Royal

SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Founding Member
Anyone calling Ninja Hideaway a CT has to realize there's literal thwomps chilling in the middle of Tokyo
this is accurate to real life, you're just being ignorant

Cynthia.

ヒンメル
Staff member
MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
1. Ninja Hideaway
2. Shroom Ridge
3. Paris Promenade
4. Sky Garden
5. Choco Mountain
6. Coconut Mall
7. Tokyo Blur
8. Toad Circuit

Erppa5

1. Toad circuit - a fun, short bagger to drive (i dont want to play cheese every match), has toad statue
2. Shroom ridge - Nice to play when running, feels more like moonview than turnpike which is nice
3. Paris promenade - decently fun track with a nice gimmick
4. Choco mountain - An average (I am guessing) runner. A bit boring as is common with n64 tracks
5. Tokyo blur - Very meh to drive, boring design
6. Coconut mall - Too small and tight corners, might get better over time as I learn to drive. reminds me a bit of rPPS, feels a bit unfinished
7. Ninja hideaway - Has similar issues as coconut mall but I do care for it as much, feels a bit unfinished
8. Sky garden - Boring and janky, feels unfinished

All and all I am happy to get more tracks but the first ones were nothing too spectacular - but I would remind you that we have tracks like dBB, dBP and dEA in the game already so I guess that is basically how it goes: you will always get some bad eggs (also to each their own)

NIGHT

Staff member
Media Staff
Site Supporter
1. Choco Mountain
2. Shroom Ridge
3. Paris Promenade
4. Ninja Hideaway
5. Tokyo Blur
6. Toad Circuit
7. Sky Garden
8. Coconut Mall

Carby_Vin

Site Supporter
I'm a Pro-Amateur, so I can be wrong.

1. Choco Mountain - A mix of rWS and DS, narrow track. Only two useful shortcuts (one at the start of the cave, second at the end of lap). Bats have more obstacles than rock balls and the exit from the cave can hurt a lot when shock.
2. Sky Garden - rMC map but with much narrower second part. Simple design (a bit emply) but great shortcuts and NICS.
3. Ninja Hideaway - The most technical track so far. A lot of passages to take but really to memorize over time (the top of the end of the first part can waste a lot of time if you fail, the beginning of the second part hurts more than in Choco, and one bend at the end of the lap is very incredibly tight). Not made for novice players.
4. Paris Promenade - Nice design, coolest DLC music of wave 1. Only one shortcut (close in the line). Two paths to take (one is longer but has items, the other is shorter but has no items). On the last lap, after passing the Eiffel Tower, a good shock target and it ruins your run, as one gimmick part (latecomers of 2nd lap can hit runners of last lap).
5. Shroom Ridge - rTT map but narrow track and has two very nice shortcuts (the second is pretty hiddle, it's when you exit in the tunnel and, also, USE your mushroom). Bends incredibly tight can surprise players (bananas as cars).
6. Coconut Mall - DS map and a bit emply (which is, however, a magnificent map on Wii). Here, Bills are your arm to lift ! (Use in the shortcut and it can stop in the end of second part.)
7. Toad Circuit - MKS map, but bagging map. In the end of lap can be terrible for runners players (the last shortcut can lift players).
8. Tokyo Blur - Boring track, too much wide too. The only one interesting is the shortcut in the two first laps (with mushroom or NICS). Bends in the end of lap can surprise players.

Last edited:

Dylan 718

21 · Dynamite · From New York
Staff member
SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
1. Ninja Hideaway
2. Shroom Ridge
3. Choco Mountain
4. Paris Promenade
5. Coconut Mall
6. Sky Garden
7. Tokyo Blur
8. Toad Circuit

Max-potion

Site Supporter
Founding Member
1. Paris Promenade
2. Coconut Mall
3. Shroom Ridge
4. Tokyo Blur
5. Choco Mountain
6. Toad Circuit
7. Sky Garden
8. Ninja Hideaway
Sorry for inwarder bias.

Royal

SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Founding Member
7cec9f3a21c1e88ac01d8b5895ea3ead.png

Tynan

Do what you can't
MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
1. Coconut Mall
2. Choco Mountain
3. Paris Promenade
4. Shroom Ridge
5. Sky Garden
6. Tokyo Blur

7. Toad Circuit

8. Ninja Hideaway

Top 6 are all mediocre to great in my early impressions. Toad Circuit is just filler, don't really care for it but don't hate it. Ninja Hideaway is a joke, all the hype is around it being almost-new and very unique, totally ignoring the fact that it doesn't play well at all. Love that it's somewhat difficult to drive, but it doesn't make up for it just not working as a track

I had seriously low expectations for Paris and Tokyo but Nintendo surprised me and actually made them pretty interesting. Coconut Mall haters don't realize it's a skill track already and that moving cars would just be another awful headache, especially considering there probably would have been some annoying pace locks. I've noticed the car placement online is sometimes different than in time trials with the cars being more centered online some of the time

Jazzy

8va ~ Going the octave higher
Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
i am devoid of an opinion since I haven't bought the dlc yet