Elgato Shizz

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
For some reason when I connect my Elgato to my computer now everything works fine but for some reason, I get no volume from my TV. I've literally changed nothing in how I've done this for years and it's the same on multiple TVs. I was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening, struggling to find answers for this.

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
Is your Switch headphone jack being used?

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
Wouldn't know that. Just the only way the TV audio doesn't work for me is when the switch headphone jack is used (ie plugging in your headset to the switch or earbuds). It's pretty much the oh wow I'm dumb potential solution and your problem sounds more complicated, just wanted to make sure that this wasn't what was causing that

Vike

Staff member
Administrator
Site Developer
Site Supporter
I get this sometimes as well, my solution is just to unplug everything and re-plug it all in again. I think the Elgato just bugs out sometimes :(.

Asuna

Site Supporter
Founding Member
For some reason when I connect my Elgato to my computer now everything works fine but for some reason, I get no volume from my TV. I've literally changed nothing in how I've done this for years and it's the same on multiple TVs. I was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening, struggling to find answers for this.

From my own personal experience, I've had to crank my volume up on the TV. For whatever reason, it just made everything significantly quieter but there was still sound there. Not sure if it was just my model (the OG Elgato) or if they're all like that.