MK8DX Free Spirit Gaming $500 FFA | July 22nd, 2022

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Brandon

8ran
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
500_FFA_thread.png

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER

Remember to Check-In within two hours of the registration deadline!
See "Check-In Tutorial" below or contact an organizer if you need help doing this.

Created and Hosted by: Free Spirit Gaming
Organizers' Discord Contacts: Brandon#6116, Danny Fathom#3910, JPGiviner#4326, NīGHT#9999
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/q6NDmxkwu2
Tournament Type: 150cc Free-for-All (FFA)
Starting Date/Time: Friday, July 22nd @ 5:00 PM EDT / 23:00 CET
Registration Deadline: Friday, July 22nd @ 4:00 PM EDT / 22:00 CET
Check-In: 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM EDT / 20:00 to 22:00 CET
Click here for help converting to your timezone: http://time.is/EDT / http://time.is/CEST
Important: Make sure to get the FSG 500 role by clicking the reaction in the #tournament-roles channel in the Free Spirit Gaming server.

Organization for this event will take place in the Free Spirit Gaming Discord Server. If you are not in the server, make sure to join it using this link.

Prizes:
  • 1st Place Prize: $300
  • 2nd Place Prize: $125
  • 3rd Place Prize: $75

Registration Instructions

▶ How to sign up on the MKCentral Registry (flag:US) (flag:GB)

• If you haven't already, make sure you have created and are logged in to your MKCentral forum account.
  • Visit the tournament page.
  • Near the top, click the "Register Now" button:
Screenshot-2021-12-08-at-12-58-55-Mario-Kart-Central-Tournaments-MKCentral-200cc-FFA-2.png

• Finally, you will need to enter or confirm your discord tag and specify whether you are able to host a room. If this is your first tournament, you will need to enter your country as well.
Screenshot-2021-12-08-at-13-02-04-Mario-Kart-Central-Tournaments-MKCentral-200cc-FFA-2-Register.png

• That's it, you're registered! Make sure to check in during the check-in window before the tournament, to confirm your attendance.

Check-In Tutorial

• Visit the tournament page.
  • Near the top, click the "Check In Now" button:
Screenshot-2021-12-08-at-13-08-11-Mario-Kart-Central-Tournaments-MKCentral-200cc-FFA-2.png

• You're all set! Now it's time to get ready to play. Good luck!

Tournament Rules

a. Players must have an account on mariokartcentral.com and be registered on the site registry.
a.i. If a player is found to be using an alternate account to deceive the tournament organizers, they will be punished by Mario Kart Central staff and immediately disqualified from the tournament.
b. Players banned from Mario Kart Central are prohibited from registering.
c. Registration of player names that are offensive to public order and morals is prohibited.
d. Players must play with the Switch FC they registered with for the tournament. If a player needs their FC changed, they should notify organizers in advance.
e. If you wish to cancel your registration, please withdraw your registration on the event signup page.
a. Players who sign up for the FFA agree to the rules and the final decisions of the FFA organizers.
b. Free choice of tracks, vehicles, characters, and controllers.
c. Hard CPUs will be turned ON for each round of the tournament.
d. The first 2/3 rounds of each tournament will consist of 8 races.
e. Every round leading up to semi-finals will be 8 races. Semi-finals will be 12 races. Finals will be 16 races.
i. The exact round at which 12-race rounds begins will be announced by the organizers shortly before the 3rd round begins.
f. Repicking a track will result in a 15 point penalty, and track picks are reset each round.
g. Players found with game-breaking lag will be disqualified, and staff will be alerted. (Example: constant warping, causing roulette to have massive lag, etc)

g.i. Players flagged due to lag will not be allowed to participate. To check if you are on the flaglist, please click here.
h. Players may not cooperate with other teams in the tournament in order to gain an advantage.

h.i. Examples of this include voice communication with other teams, teaming in-game, and anything else that could give players an advantage. If it’s questionable, it’s probably not allowed.
h.ii. Players that are found to be teaming with other teams will be immediately disqualified and will receive a punishment to be determined by Mario Kart Central staff.

i. Players must not use any form of hacking or other exploitations.

i.i. Should a player hack, the host is to immediately close the room, remove the offender(s), and re-open the room. The race will not count and the player will be disqualified and banned from mariokartcentral.com.
a. A player/team's total score will be the total points they scored in each race.
b. Players who disconnect will receive the score that their CPU received for the races they missed.
i. In the case where a CPU does not appear due to a bug, the player who gets 1st in these races will receive +2 points, with everyone else receiving +1 point.
ii. If there are multiple missing CPUs, add an additional point to each player for each race in addition to i.
a. Groups in Round 1 based on RNG. After Round 1, players/teams are seeded into groups based on performance in the previous round based on the following criteria (in order):
i. Placement compared to other players/teams in their room
ii. Number of points scored
a. The host must send friend requests to all players before the round’s starting time.
b. Players must add the host by the round’s posted starting time.
c. In each round, players have 10 minutes to join the room after the start time. (For example, 2:10 EDT if the start time is 2:00)
d. The host must open the room at the time posted by the organizers.
e. Players who do not make it to the room on time will receive CPU points for the races they missed. If a player misses every race, they will receive a score of 0 for that round.
f. In the rare event that there are not enough hosts available, the tournament organizers will disqualify the last x amount of participants.
f.i. For example, if there is one room without a host, the last 12 participants to sign up will be disqualified.
g. If a host is found to be breaking hosting rules, they will be banned from hosting future tournaments.
h. If 3 or more players are missing from the results screen after a race, the race will not count and the room must be restarted.
i. If a player not intended to be in a room joins, any races played with that player will not count and the room must be restarted.
a. Hosts are responsible for taking screenshots of the room’s final results and submitting the results through Discord.
b. Hosts who do not take pictures will not be allowed to host future tournaments.
c. Please be sure to post results using the tournament bot explained here, "How to submit results with the tournament bot".
d. In the event that two teams tie, the following criteria will be used to determine who advances to the next round:
  1. If one of the tied teams is listed as a host, they will automatically advance.
  2. (if 2v2-4v4 FFA) The team with the player who scored the most points will advance. For example if two teams are tied with 100 points, but one team has 55 + 45 while the other has 52 + 48, the team with the player who scored 55 points in the room will advance.
  3. The team which had the highest score in the previous round will advance.
  4. If the previous three requirements are tied, the team who registered for the tournament first will advance.

Brandon

8ran
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Hi everyone, quick update for all participants who haven't seen:

Given that the site is frequently experiencing issues, we have decided that all operations will be commencing in our Discord server, which includes the registration process, as well as the check-in process. Please make sure to join it and get the role for the tournament in #tournament-roles if you haven't already.

Discord server
Check-ins will be running from 3:00 PM ET / 21:00 CET to 4:00 PM ET / 22:00 CET. The tournament will begin at 5:00 PM ET / 23:00 CET and is expected to run for five rounds (~6 hours). If anyone needs to drop from the tournament, make sure to let us know.

Thanks, everyone!