Going backwards? Really?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

NickyC

Anyone on here who likes to play without hopping through the grass, driving backwards, and doing all the other cheesy/spam stuff? I've never seen an F1 or Nascar race where they go backwards. What's the point?

jacob_us

jacob
Staff member
MKU Staff
Media Staff
mario kart has items which makes it completely different from an F1 or Nascar race. it isn't and has never been a game where the fastest player always wins. there are some situations where stopping for better items directly leads to getting a better result, so people will always do it. simple as that.

NickyC

I guess my expectations for this site were off. Its just fire hopping all over again -a glitch in the game that is being exploited. If the game was meant to be played backwards then why does Latiku come out to tell you to turn around? And nascar/F1 have bumping and side drafting (shells) and then pit stops where you get tires, gas, adjustments (mushrooms) - those are the things the mario kart items are emulating

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
I guess my expectations for this site were off. Its just fire hopping all over again -a glitch in the game that is being exploited. If the game was meant to be played backwards then why does Latiku come out to tell you to turn around? And nascar/F1 have bumping and side drafting (shells) and then pit stops where you get tires, gas, adjustments (mushrooms) - those are the things the mario kart items are emulating
Stopping isn't a glitch, its literally a part of the game. You should try to watch more high level gameplay to see the benefits of it, also Fire Hopping is the only reason MK8U remained competitive, that game would've died off much sooner had that not been a thing, and it also allowed for a skill gap to develop.

NickyC

Stopping isn't a glitch, its literally a part of the game. You should try to watch more high level gameplay to see the benefits of it, also Fire Hopping is the only reason MK8U remained competitive, that game would've died off much sooner had that not been a thing, and it also allowed for a skill gap to develop.

They literally went out of their way to remove firehopping from mk8d. And just because the "high level" players do it does not mean it is a skill or how the game is supposed to be played. Maybe you should have named this site glitch/mod/spam/cheese Central instead of Mario Kart central. The overwhelming majority of players would never do the corny stuff that goes on in these races. You would all get black flagged on any proper race course for driving backwards.
But hey, ya'll enjoy shopping for items and mowing the grass with your wormbikes. Anybody who wants to go fast and compete hmu

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
They literally went out of their way to remove firehopping from mk8d. And just because the "high level" players do it does not mean it is a skill or how the game is supposed to be played. Maybe you should have named this site glitch/mod/spam/cheese Central instead of Mario Kart central. The overwhelming majority of players would never do the corny stuff that goes on in these races. You would all get black flagged on any proper race course for driving backwards.
But hey, ya'll enjoy shopping for items and mowing the grass with your wormbikes. Anybody who wants to go fast and compete hmu

Thank got it isn't nascar

Lyona

It’s a video game dude just let people play how they want to play lmao. Bagging is just what people do around here sorry to burst your bubble. If you think our bagging is bad you should take a look at some high division Mario Kart Wii wars lol.

Lyona

Also your last sentence doesn’t really make a lot of sense as a lot of world record holders and high level time trailers play in the tournaments on this site like Technical, Thomas, Alpaco, and many others lol.

Jack

Site Supporter
QKRXfUH.png

Dany

L