Help setting up lan tournament stream?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

nullazy

hi, i'm null

I was wondering if anyone here has experience with hosting and streaming Mario Kart tournaments. I want to host a weekly tournament swries and have a stream similar to the esports arena MK8D stream.

I am new to setting up streams like this and was hoping anyone had some pointers or could link me with someone who has that experience.

BrandiBryan

hi, i'm null

I was wondering if anyone here has experience with hosting and streaming Mario Kart tournaments. I want to host a weekly tournament swries and have a stream similar to the esports arena MK8D stream.

I am new to setting up streams like this and was hoping anyone had some pointers or could link me with someone who has that experience.
First, you will need to decide on the platform you want to use for streaming the tournament. Some popular options include Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook Gaming. Each platform has its own unique features and audience, so consider which one would be the best fit for your tournament.

Next, you will need to set up the technical side of the stream. This may involve getting a capture card to capture footage from your console, setting up a microphone for commentary, and configuring your streaming software. There are many tutorials and guides available online that can help you with this.

Once your stream is set up, you will need to promote your tournament to attract participants. You can do this through social media, forums, and word of mouth. It may also be helpful to create a website or landing page with information about the tournament and registration details.

Finally, you will need to manage the tournament itself. This may involve setting up brackets, enforcing rules, and providing commentary during the matches. Make sure you have a clear plan in place for how the tournament will be run and communicate this to participants beforehand.

KinPer

First, you will need to decide on the platform you want to use for streaming the tournament. Some popular options include Twitch, YouTube, and Facebook Gaming. Each platform has its own unique features and audience, so consider which one would be the best fit for your tournament.

Next, you will need to set up the technical side of the stream. This may involve getting a capture card to capture footage from your console, setting up a microphone for commentary, and configuring your streaming software. There are many tutorials and guides available online that can help you with this.

Once your stream is set up, you will need to promote your tournament to attract participants. You can do this through social media, forums, and word of mouth. It may also be helpful to create a website like this or landing page with information about the tournament and registration details.

Finally, you will need to manage the tournament itself. This may involve setting up brackets, enforcing rules, and providing commentary during the matches. Make sure you have a clear plan in place for how the tournament will be run and communicate this to participants beforehand.
I recently had the thought that I might do something similar. But when I imagine how much time I would have to put into it, I don't want to :(
Did you succeed in doing it according to your plan?

Last edited: