Introducing MIT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

greg.

Encore.ze
200L Staff
Site Supporter
image0.png

(MIT is currently looking for Spanish/English Translators, 1-2 French/English Helpers, and Helpers who are interested in helping with big projects)

Hello! My name is GSCorinth7 and I am here to introduce a new discord server to benefit the mk8dx community! We are led by JPGivin’er(ARC), BryWH(zi), and Sinic(Ph).

Inspired by TNT Academy, I wanted to create a subclan of sorts that acts as a team for lower division players who are in between teams, or just want to get better at the game.

My goal is a public server that not only accomplishes this by providing more hands on experience and help for new players, but also as a knowledge base for all sorts of notes that may be helpful for any player, almost like a library of sorts. Therefore, this server is public.

There are two main roles in this server, a “Student” role that receives private help and experience with MIT in wars and events. The other is a “Social” role that is meant for anyone who has enough experience that wants to see our notes or just wants to see newer players improve.

Right now, the notes sections have barely been started and could use a lot better organization. Here is what we are starting with as far as notes channels:
image0.png

in addition, we have also been offered help to translate these notes into Spanish. This project has not been started, and we could use some more help.

Overall:
We are an incredibly new server who’s goal is to bridge the gap between non-competitive and competitive mariokart. It can be really hard to get into the community as a new player, or find a team that they like and is willing to take them. This provides a home for these players, in addition to providing help for those who already have a team. Having all these notes in one place is really really difficult, and while it is very valuable to a new player, it is a lot to take in. Having hands on experience makes this easier, and a subclan like this is meant to be the perfect interim team.
As an added bonus, we aren’t entirely focusing on 6v6. We are teaching new players who may be focused on FFA, rather than dropping them in tier e and telling them good luck. Being taught some strategies goes hand in hand with experience found in lounge.
I encourage leaders who are starting low division teams to come here and talk to a few of the students, they may be looking for a team and are learning a lot just by being around and competing in events with experience.

The last thing I want to mention is while it is a public server, I reserve the right to ban you from the server. I will not tolerate trolling that is typical to MKC at the moment, as I value a healthy environment from members of clans that I lead.

Addressing a complaint I have received, I will be asking creators’ permission before using any informative videos or notes in these channels.

Thank you for reading!

-GSCorinth7

Link: https://discord.gg/vNQT4aWzZM