Introducing YoshiBot | A War Search and Scheduling Discord Bot

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TromTendo

Staff member
MKU Staff
Amplify Staff
200L Staff
Founding Member
YoshiBot is a hobby project and is currently in development. Expect errors to occur, maybe even frequently. Expect the bot to go offline, maybe even frequently.
If you would like to help test the bot or get frequent updates on the bot's development, please join the Discord server.
For any and all questions and concerns, contact me on Discord @TromTendo#7586 or join the Discord server above.
To invite YoshiBot to your server, click here.

yoshibot.jpg

YoshiBot
YoshiBot is a war searching and scheduling Discord bot whose intent is to eliminate any necessity for a war searching Discord channel in an attempt to streamline the war searching process and, eventually, to be the method of choice for community members to find scrimmages. YoshiBot is compatible across all Discord servers and is, in theory, simple to use.

Currently the following games and formats are supported by the bot:
MK8D 150cc:
{6v6, 5v5, 4v4, 3v3, 2v2, 4v4v4, 3v3v3v3, 2v2v2v2v2v2} denoted as:

{6v, 5v, 4v, 3v, 2v, 4m, 3m, 2m}
MKT:
{4v4, 3v3, 2v2, 2v2v2v2} denoted as:

{4v, 3v, 2v, 2m}
Support for additional games, modes, and formats is not planned but should, in theory, be simple to implement. Support for FFAs and 1v1s will not be planned for support.

Commands:
A parameter denoted by [brackets] is a mandatory parameter. A parameter denoted by (parentheses) is either an optional parameter or a parameter that can be given a server-wide default value by a server administrator.

;search | ;s [time] (team) (game) (size)
The search command adds a war search to the list of available wars. A user may author up to five (5) searches at a given time. The [time] parameter is in your Discord server's local time. A war can only be searched for a time 23h49m in advance. Support for extending that limit is not planned. The parameters (game) and (size) are limited to the options described above. Duplicate searches will not appear added to the queue. Searches that are still in queue ten (10) minutes after the desired search time will be removed from the queue and all contacts will be notified.

;help (command)
The help command displays the default help command for all Discord bots. It's more useful than I initially thought but I will eventually update to better fit the purpose of the bot.

;active | ;a (filter)
The active command displays a list of war searches currently queued along with information regarding each one. The (filter) parameter is limited to the following:

• (blank) | Leaving the (filter) parameter blank will display all active wars for your server's default game.​
  • mine | m Mine will display all active wars that you have authored.​
  • all | a All will display all active wars across all games and formats.​
  • MK8D / MKT Either game will display all wars for the specified game.​
;cancel | ;d [ID]
The cancel command removes the specified war from queue. Wars can only be removed by the user who authored the search. If there is only one team in queue, the search will be removed from the queue. If there is more than one team in queue, a new primary contact will be set and that user will be notified of the change. Additionally, [ID] may input as "all" in which case all searches by the user will be removed from queue or will update its primary contact.

;accept | ;c [searchID] (team)
The accept command adds the specified team to the specified search. If there are enough teams to start the war, all contacts will be notified and the search will be removed from queue.

The following commands are accessible only to users with administrative permissions in their Discord server. They are intended to set default values to certain parameters.

;setgame | ;sg [game]
MK8D by default.

;setsize | ;ss [size]
6v6 by default.

;setteam | ;st [team]
(Empty) by default.

;settimezone | ;stz
Sets your server's time zone to a matching time zone from your Discord server's region.

Last edited:

TromTendo

Staff member
MKU Staff
Amplify Staff
200L Staff
Founding Member
UPDATE March 29, 2021
-Support added for time zones other than UTC. These time zones are based on your Discord server's region.
-;settimezone | ;stz added. This can be used in the event you change your Discord server's region and you would like the bot to reflect that.
-I've moved the location of a few things behind the scenes which should allow me to better update the bot without having to restart the entire program. This means I can restart the bot without removing the current searches.

Credits to @popuko for providing me with documentation to implement the changes with regard to time zones.