Is MKTour a good game??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Do you like Mario Kart Tour

• Total voters

Squigly

Site Supporter
Do you like the game in your opinion..

For me, I say no. Because…

The Controls seem difficult
It seems P2W. According to a person who told me.
No horizontal screen kinda.
It just seems so different.

I’ve lost interest in the game somewhat.

Yes the gold pass in MKTour is WAYYYYY too P2W becuase you can lvl up faster and be more poweful and gain rewards much quicker which is a huge advantage.

Last edited:

Tea

CWL Staff
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
It's fine, I think a lot of people don't like it because of the single player aspect, but I think the multiplayer's really fun.

I don't agree with a lot of your points:

- I do agree with you on that. The controls are weird at first but I've found it to be fine after you get used to it.

- MKT is not that P2W in multiplayer. The meta combo consists of a character with Heart which you can get pretty easily (Wendy is a common heart character and Peach is a heart character that the game gives you at the beginning, a kart with either a drift or trick boost, and any red, mega, or shock glider. You do need to level up your character to level 5 to get double hearts, but there are people who succeed with only just having a single heart.

No horizontal screen
- You can turn on landscape/horizontal mode by going to the settings and touch "landscape mode".

I think the community is a really nice place. I've met a lot of friends in the community that aren't even in my team. They are super willing to teach you how to play the game and are some of my favorite people to talk to.

If you guys want to learn competitive MKTour, I'd highly recommend watching this video by Mitch:

It's really frustrating when I see people say that "MKTour is bad because it's P2W". It has a lot more depth than people give it credit for and I think can be as fun as the other Mario Kart games. It sucks even more because I think the community is really nice and I feel like they deserve more attention.

Last edited:

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
It seems a lot better than people give it credit for. The WC for it looked fun too. Personally just hate the concept of using my phone as a controller for gaming in general so I don't plan on getting it ever.

Squigly

Site Supporter
It's fine, I think a lot of people don't like it because of the single player aspect, but I think the multiplayer's really fun.

I don't agree with a lot of your points:

- I do agree with you on that. The controls are weird at first but I've found it to be fine after you get used to it.

- MKT is not that P2W in multiplayer. The meta combo consists of a character with Heart which you can get pretty easily (Wendy is a common heart character and Peach is a heart character that the game gives you at the beginning, a kart with either a drift or trick boost, and any red, mega, or shock glider. You do need to level up your character to level 5 to get double hearts, but there are people who succeed with only just having a single heart.

No horizontal screen
- You can turn on landscape/horizontal mode by going to the settings and touch "landscape mode".

I think the community is a really nice place. I've met a lot of friends in the community that aren't even in my team. They are super willing to teach you how to play the game and are some of my favorite people to talk to.

If you guys want to learn competitive MKTour, I'd highly recommend watching this video by Mitch:

It's really frustrating when I see people say that "MKTour is bad because it's P2W". It has a lot more depth than people give it credit for and I think can be as fun as the other Mario Kart games. It sucks even more because I think the community is really nice and I feel like they deserve more attention.
ehhh... it's a good point... the rubies kinda are though cuz its tempting

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
I enjoy it as a lot as a single player game actually. I wasn't competitive on the rankings and all of that, but I found setting and achieving personal goals to be engaging and unlocking new setups felt rewarding. High scores were a bit of a rush to obtain at times. That being said, my phone is too outdated to continue playing now, which is sad

Maxoo

Honestly it isn't that bad, I had fun playing first seasons of CWL, and back in the days there wasn't P2W aspect at all in competitive matches (I know it started to change with the double heart update but this is where I stopped playing). From my pov, the main issues were the unability to choose the tracks we're playing and the item distribution.
So overall MKT is good, but to be honest, if you already have MKW or MK8d, I don't see the point of playing MKT. When you play on 8d and switch to MKT it really feels like a huge downgrade. But if you find people to play with, it's fun.

Last edited:

Squigly

Site Supporter
I enjoy it as a lot as a single player game actually. I wasn't competitive on the rankings and all of that, but I found setting and achieving personal goals to be engaging and unlocking new setups felt rewarding. High scores were a bit of a rush to obtain at times. That being said, my phone is too outdated to continue playing now, which is sad
:( :TheSadMan:

Fox04k

You are now entering Free Derry
Site Supporter
Founding Member
I do enjoy it as a quick game if I'm watching TV or something, but I don't think I'd be able to get into it competitively.

The Zip

I started playing Tour last year when I got my new phone and I did like it, but the controls felt kinda weird.

Rollergold

Site Supporter
It's basically a Gacha game so take that as you will but, the touch only controls make it a hard pass for me