Item usage

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Gooey

Founding Member
Items are used mostly in the ways they were intended by the developers, but I've seen some of you guys use items in pretty neat ways. What are some unique ways you can use items?

duncan

:3
Site Supporter
Founding Member
probs the most obvious form of item usage / manipulation is if you're in first place, always hold a coin in your first slot if you don't have defense instead of spamming it, as if you have a coin you're guaranteed any form of defense.

Gooey

Founding Member
I guess what I'm asking is like, what strategies do you or your team use to succeed in wars, lounge or just ww?

TheKoopaGuy

Site Supporter
Founding Member
If you trail someone on your screen, the player you trail will be hit 100% of the time, same thing with rotating triple items.

Abuse. This. The. Best. You. Can.

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
slowing down to trail to people is huge. Jumping in shortcuts with a piranha can do major damage if all the people behind you are on the opposition. Stopping with triple reds (or even single reds if the person has no protection) to hit them or at the very worst slow them down really helps the rest of your teammates at the front. In other words, being a complete a dick is optimal a lot of the time.

iKeezb901

Founding Member
I can add onto shiiguy's comment about the coin. Yes keep the coin in 1st before you hit another item box as the game won't give you two coins in first (unless there's lag). When I get a second item that is defensive. I still keep the coin in my first item box slot incase a boo tries to steal my items. I'd prefer the boo to steal the coin rather than my defensive weapon.

Tea

CWL Staff
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
How prevalent is back-spamming in this game? I'm assuming it is since double items, but I don't know.

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Different items have different purposes, but you don't have to always use them for that purpose, but use them wisely.

People that will use their items without 1. looking back and 2. only having 1 item, isn't the best idea in most scenarios (Good scenario is redding 1st when you're 2-3 or 2-5, where its safe to do so)

I feel mostly in this game the "skill" isn't all from driving, but moreso from the item usage, which when evenly matched teams vs each other, its almost a coinflip if the luck favors one team more.

Tynan

Do what you can't
MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
How prevalent is back-spamming in this game? I'm assuming it is since double items, but I don't know.
you just have to be careful with it. because of how this game works in most cases if you hit them on your screen they will get hit, it's just making sure your teammates arent around anywhere because of lag and the insanely fast speed of greens that you have to look out for. it's still pretty risky to be backspamming like crazy when you're in first i'd say, you should be confident that your backspam will hit if you you attempt to otherwise it is very easy to get punished

TeeZee

Founding Member
I wanna know all the bullet extension spots. The only 2 spots I can think of the top of my head is the Yoshi circuit nisc and the skiing section on mount wario where it's j
like 3 sharp turns.

(don't even know if the second spot is a extension, but it's a good place to use it)

Gooey

Founding Member
I wanna know all the bullet extension spots. The only 2 spots I can think of the top of my head is the Yoshi circuit nisc and the skiing section on mount wario where it's j
like 3 sharp turns.

(don't even know if the second spot is a extension, but it's a good place to use it)
I'd like to know this too. This sounds like it could be extremely helpful

Tynan

Do what you can't
MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
like 3 sharp turns.

off the top of my head there is dCL on the first turn. you can use cheese hole to trick into dirt first turn and then use the bill. rMC on first turn in the grass by hopping into it is a pretty good place to use the bullet as well, it'll drop you right before where you would shroom to do glider cut

Athaway

RΞOL
Site Supporter
Founding Member
like 3 sharp turns.

^ what Twonk said, I would add after the 3 boosts on mute city (at like half of the track) can drop you almost on the line, rly useful for lap 3.
Also on dolphin shoals on ramps after 1st turn, drop you on the eel

TeeZee

Founding Member
off the top of my head there is dCL on the first turn. you can use cheese hole to trick into dirt first turn and then use the bill. rMC on first turn in the grass by hopping into it is a pretty good place to use the bullet as well, it'll drop you right before where you would shroom to do glider cut
^ what Twonk said, I would add after the 3 boosts on mute city (at like half of the track) can drop you almost on the line, rly useful for lap 3.
Also on dolphin shoals on ramps after 1st turn, drop you on the eel

thanks. Will really help

Tymbuh

Site Supporter
Founding Member

I find that this video from Xander, although it was for MK8U a lot of the same elements can be applied still in Deluxe. Just don't forget to mute the video when you're watching it since Undertale is hella outdated.

Royal

SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Founding Member
Items are used mostly in the ways they were intended by the developers, but I've seen some of you guys use items in pretty neat ways. What are some unique ways you can use items?
mash my L button as soon as i touch the box