Jazzy's Lounge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jazzy

8va ~ Going the octave higher
Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
20181005_191831.jpg

Jazzy's Lounge

'Sup, name's Jazzy. I'm one of the founders of MKCentral and the tech guy/developer behind all the magic. I'm also real chill. Figured I'd finally make a page here.

Mario Kart Career

As a kid I started playing MK casually, starting with Super Circuit for the GBA and then DS, Wii, and 7. I bought 8U with the intention of playing competitive time trials and joined the Mario Kart 8 Players' Page in May of 2015. I consider that to be my entrance to the community. On that day or thereabouts I submitted basic a prototype of the Players' Page that would eventually come to be, and was near immediately promoted to be staff on the site, also at times doing news updates or updating submissions. After two years of hacking away, the new version of the MK8 Players' Page was launched on April 18, 2017.

Around that time, a great friend, @Twonk, started telling me about his plans to make a MK tournament. This would eventually come to be Amplify but it took both of us for the dream to become reality. The first Amplify tournament started on September 30, 2017, after a few months of planning and setting up the website, and went as well as we could have hoped for.

Hopping back 5 days, to September 25, 2017, I launched MKLeaderboards, which hosts the modern MK8D time trials community. Originally a very simple site with basic features and only American and European top 10s (no worldwide or other charts), the site has expanded since then to become very popular, and still with more potential.

Finally, the site you're on right now, MKCentral. After Amplify Delta, the second Amplify tournament, @Rookie and I had a good chat about our visions for the community. As it turned out our goals were very much aligned. At that point Rookie added Twonk and I to a group chat with some other staff, which would eventually grow. In March 2018, I started working on the MKCentral site, which finally launched with great success on
August 10, 2018.

And now we are here.

Personal Stuff

I lead a team called Higher Octave, which is a lot of fun. I occasionally take time trials or single cup speedruns for a spin, although for those I prefer the older games in the series.

If you like, you can check out my
MKLeaderboards Profile.

I also play piano/keyboard, and record original music from time to time. Here's a collection of my music.

I also collect coins! You can see part of my collection in the next post.

Anyway, that's about it for now, there'll be more to come in the future. Thanks for stopping by!

Last edited:

Jazzy

Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Reserve #2

Jazzy

Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Reserve #3

Jazzy

Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Placed 4th in MKC's first ever SMK Tournament! GGs to all those that played, had an awesome time! Missed out on a podium finish but still really happy with my bracket run.