Just started competitive mario kart. Well, kinda

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheMagic1

I've started clan wars since 2014 and afterwards, I stopped playing competitive mk until now. I've already been doing wars, I just want to know how lounge and divisions work so I can start playing and getting better.

Brandon

8ran
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
As far as I know there are three different lounges, consisting of 150cc Lounge, 200cc Lounge, and Battle Lounge. All three of them have their own set of rules and are divided into ranks. Depending on the lounge, ranks can access certain tiers in order to play events in the mode that the lounge is for. Your rank is determined by your MMR, and when you first join you'll have a starting placement in whatever rank you're given. All three of them are pretty active, but the 150cc Lounge has the most activity by far, so I suggest playing there to start.

Harbur

As far as I know there are three different lounges, consisting of 150cc Lounge, 200cc Lounge, and Battle Lounge. All three of them have their own set of rules and are divided into ranks. Depending on the lounge, ranks can access certain tiers in order to play events in the mode that the lounge is for. Your rank is determined by your MMR, and when you first join you'll have a starting placement in whatever rank you're given. All three of them are pretty active, but the 150cc Lounge has the most activity by far, so I suggest playing there to start.
Thanks for this helpful info! Here’s a dumb question - how do I get started playing in the 150cc Lounge? I downloaded discord. What do I do now?
Thanks

Brandon

8ran
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Thanks for this helpful info! Here’s a dumb question - how do I get started playing in the 150cc Lounge? I downloaded discord. What do I do now?
Thanks

You should be able to see two channels; #mkcentral and #mkcentral-links. The #mkcentral channel provides a tutorial on how to link your MKCentral forum account to the #mkcentral-links channel in order to get a role, (which would be your rank).

For example, my profile link would look like this: https://www.mariokartcentral.com/forums/index.php?members/brandon.94/

If you have any further questions you can DM me on Discord: Brandon#6116