MK8DX March Madness 2v2 Bracket 2021 | March 6th, 2021

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Royal

SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Founding Member
180x180.png

Challonge Link

Created and Hosted By: Mario Kart Central Event Organizer Staff
Discord contacts: royal#7538, Rookie#4729, Brandon#6116
Tournament Type: 2v2 (Not FFA Style, 4p rooms) - 64 Teams, Seeded Single Elimination Bracket
Starting Date/Time: Saturday, March 6th @ 12:00 PM EST (18:00 CET)
Registration Deadline Saturday, March 6th @ 11:30 AM EST (17:30 CET) OR when 64 Teams Enter
Check-in: Saturday, March 6th @ 11:30 AM EST (17:30 CET) - 11:50 AM EST (17:50 CET)
Click here for help converting to your timezone: http://time.is/EST / http://time.is/CET
Limit: 64 teams

CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP

Remember to Check-in 30 Minutes Before the Tournament Starts!

▶ How to sign up on the MKCentral Registry

a. Players must have an account on mariokartcentral.com and be registered on the site registry.
a.i. If a player is found to be using an alternate account to deceive the tournament organizers, they will be punished by Mario Kart Central staff and immediately disqualified from the tournament.
b. Players banned from Mario Kart Central are prohibited from registering.
c. Players must play with the Switch FC they registered with for the tournament. If a player needs their FC changed, they should notify organizers in advance.
d. If you wish to cancel your registration, please withdraw your registration on the event signup page.

a. Players who sign up for the FFA agree to the rules and the final decisions of the FFA organizers.
b. Free choice of tracks, vehicles, characters, and controllers.
c. Matches will be played with no bots whatsoever.
d. Each round prior to semifinals consists of 8 races.
e. Semifinals and Finals will be 12 races.
f. Repicking a track will result in an 8 point penalty, and track picks are reset each round.
g. Players found with game-breaking lag will be disqualified, and staff will be alerted. (Example: constant warping, causing roulette to have massive lag, etc)

g.i. Players flagged due to lag will not be allowed to participate. To check if you are on the flaglist, please click here.
h. Players may not cooperate with other teams in the tournament in order to gain an advantage.

h.i. Examples of this include voice communication with other teams, teaming in-game, and anything else that could give players an advantage. If it’s questionable, it’s probably not allowed.
h.ii. Players that are found to be teaming with other teams will be immediately disqualified and will receive a punishment to be determined by Mario Kart Central staff.

i. Players must not use any form of hacking or other exploitations.

i.i. Should a player hack, the host is to immediately close the room, remove the offender(s), and re-open the room. The race will not count and the player will be disqualified and banned from mariokartcentral.com.

a. A team's total score will be the total points they scored in 8 races for the preliminary rounds (12 races for semifinals and finals)

a. Groups prior to the finals are selected based on seeding. Players may be moved to separate rooms in order to avoid teaming between multiple participating players.

a. The host must send friend requests to all players 5 minutes before the round’s starting time.
b. Players must add the host by the round’s posted starting time.
c. In each round, players have 10 minutes to join the room after the start time. (For example, 2:10 EDT if the start time is 2:00)
d. The host must open the room at the time posted by the organizers.
e. Failure to join the room within the allotted time will result in an automatic disqualification.
f. In the rare event that there are not enough hosts available, the tournament organizers will disqualify the last x amount of participants.
f.i. For example, if there is one room without a host, the last 12 participants to sign up will be disqualified.
g. If a host is found to be breaking hosting rules, they will be banned from hosting future tournaments.
h. All races must start with 4 players in the room. If 2 players don't finish the race, the race won't count. Disconnections ruled to be intentional will result in a disqualification from the tournament and potential bans for future tournaments.
i. If a player not intended to be in a room joins, any races played with that player will not count and the room must be restarted.

a. The winning team is responsible for taking screenshots of the room’s final results and posting them on the tournament thread.
b. In the event that two teams tie, tiebreaker races will be added on until the score is no longer tied.

Last edited: