Mario Kart for the United States

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Muggy

Thinking for the next Mario Kart or this on if we had leagues for the US. Like in the in the NorthWest of the United States (Washington, Oregon, Idaho) Where the best players from there play against each other like Team, FFA's etc. Then around the season the best players from NW, SW, NE, SE and Central of United States for money every year the thing is how are we going to get the money. I know theres a place in vegas that does mk8 as a e-sport but we need people in the community to run this.
Just thought I brought this up.

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
We're trying to get something going in Ohio soon. It would be amazing to get more LAN tournaments running but it's hard. Regional crew battles would be so cool but actually having a major event for a MK is so hard. Maybe one day, but we need to start at local level first and try to build from there.

Hobbie

Founding Member
Anyone in Florida wanna try to organize something? Don’t know how many people will actually see this, but hmu on Discord (Hobbie#4874) if you wanna give this a shot.

Henry

Founding Member
Know theres a shitton of MKW and more importantly 8D players in SUNY, probably enough to make a dedicated team, so this idea could be cool

Mitch

Site Supporter
Founding Member
I know on Mario Kart Wii teams were formed by American regions (Northeast, West, Southeast, Midwest, etc.) and they played each other. Could be interesting to see that here too depending on the balance of the teams.

Muggy

We're trying to get something going in Ohio soon. It would be amazing to get more LAN tournaments running but it's hard. Regional crew battles would be so cool but actually having a major event for a MK is so hard. Maybe one day, but we need to start at local level first and try to build from there.
We would need to buy venues or something for LAN tournaments though I think it wont be too hard its just amount of people coming to these and paying to get and how much the profit is you get from this because renting venues kinda rely on how many people sign up and pay for your tournament and we could maybe do this but everyone in each state or close to another state would have to go to another state nearby.

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
We would need to buy venues or something for LAN tournaments though I think it wont be too hard its just amount of people coming to these and paying to get and how much the profit is you get from this because renting venues kinda rely on how many people sign up and pay for your tournament and we could maybe do this but everyone in each state or close to another state would have to go to another state nearby.

I've actually found a venue w/ Mankalor that'll be able to host our events cuz they're an esports company in Columbus and want to bring people in. Really lucky that they're in the area actually, it'll make things a lot easier and they have monitors, a professional streaming / commentary room, and a bunch of Switches as well.