Mikkel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

duncan

:3
Site Supporter
Founding Member
hi all, i'm mikkel (or shii if you've known me before 2018), i'm 16 and i live in new york city (but have also moved back and forth to helsinki) and i'm a moderator here on MKCentral. as you can also tell i'm staff for a bunch of other things as well, so if you have any questions about any leagues i'm involved in don't hesitate to dm me! if u just want to dm me in general, my discord is lower on the post. i'll basically respond no matter what unless the message is just a blatant troll.

i've also a couple of interests as well, i love to go out biking or hiking as well as playing mario kart (but you could've guessed that one already). i'm also really into the arts, as i've typically grown up around museums and visit them quite often. i'm currently studying French pretty intensively and want to major in Toxicology in university. along with mk i play other games like CSGO, and basically any major switch release (besides splatoon). i'm almost always listening to music no matter what. the genres i listen to the most are probably rnb, rap, lo-fi, but i really listen to anything as long as it's not country. if you ever want to connect to my spotify, feel free to do that as well.

sports are also a really big influence on my life, and one of the biggest passions i have. baseball and hockey are my two favorite sports, and i'm currently a season ticket holder for the Mets. i may or may not post sports stuff here but we'll see.
the teams i root for:
baseball - New York Mets
basketball - Brooklyn Nets
football - Buffalo Bills
hockey - San Jose Sharks

when it comes to playing mario kart, i'm currently in Arcadia. I'm also one of the leaders of Team Nordic but >world cup rofl

Team History
Team SPD / Aurora (August 2017 - January 2018)
Divine Phoenix (January 2018 - April 2018)
Aurora (April 2018 - October 2019)
Arcadia (November 2019+)

Friend List
imagine actually doing this in 2019

quick things / contacts
discord - mikkel#0017
twitter - mikkel_17
twitch - shiiguy

duncan

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Mario Kart Stuff
in 2017, i got a switch. my friend and i used to play mario kart a lot, and my school at the time would have "tournaments" every other friday where the winner won a prize pool depending on the amount of entrants, but it was usually 20$+. since i'm sweaty as shit i grinded because it was basically free money at the time. eventually, i got quite interested mario kart and wondered if there was a group of people who had the same passions as me, and that's how i waltzed my way into the community. i signed up for MKBoards under the name ShiiGuy and within hours found myself in a clan lead by SPD Noah. we mainly worldwided, but when the time came to play our first wars, to say we got clapped would be an understatement. over time, we began to play more and more together and got new people coming in like Civil, who i'm still close friends with. we finally won our first war vs GG in a 4v4 (good luck getting a 4v4 in 2019) and eventually began to grind to try to play well in mku. speaking of mku, some people motivated me to apply for mku staff, even though i was a total outsider at the time and didn't really have any connections to the "higher ups" in the community. for some unknown reason i got added to the staff team in october 2017, and have been on it ever since. being on the mku staff team, even though it sounds quite stupid, has done wonders for my life, teaching me lessons how to be mature, leadership skills, and time management with my extracurricular activities as well. in mku season 2, we (AU) were placed in division 6. we started off 3-1, but because i was a terrible leader i was one of the sole causes of the teams downfall in early 2018. i still strongly regret some of the decisions i made back then and often wonder how different my experience in the community wouldve been have not the team fallen apart mainly due to my actions. however, i can still see some positives from it as teams like Bz formed as a result, and teams like BL at the time got boosted from some of the players that joined.
i got invited to dvp shortly after the fall of AU, and to say the least i had a rough time there. while we're all chill now, i often caused drama in the team as well as just went emo due to the fact i couldn't really compete with higher divisions since i'm a trash video gamer. however, they inspired me and taught me how to become competent at the game and i don't think i would be in the same position as i would be in now had i not been in DVP.
after the season i had in DVP2 (pigeons lmao), there were some talks with the former AU members to come back for a retour. most of the OG's came back, along with some people from teams like mc that were dying after the season. i love everyone who was in that team and they truly are part of at least 95% of my favourite moments in the community. we all had special moments together, like winning AC S4, or barely making d2 playoffs and then making a run all the way into the final. however, due to a bit of questionable decision making about making 2 teams and deciding to run with it no matter how shaky the situation was at the time. drama and an overall lack of motivation resulted in people going their separate ways after the season. i found my way into ARC, where i hope to spend the rest of my mk days barring cora doesn't kick me because i'm sus.

my ffa placements and team placement history: https://www.mariokartcentral.com/mkc/registry/players/2
notables:
- Americas Cup Season 4 Champion
- Americas Cup Season 3 Runner-up
- MKU Season 7 Division 2 Finalist

idk if i'll add more to the story, maybe if i feel like it or new stuff occurs. just felt like getting some stuff off my chest and for those who don't really know much about me there's a little bit of insight

duncan

Site Supporter
Founding Member
certified video gaming
top games of all time
1. zero escape: nine hours, nine persons, nine doors
2. super mario galaxy

3. zero escape: virtue's last reward
4. legend of zelda: botw
5. pokemon ruby
6. pokemon bw/bw2
7. kirby super star ultra
8. pokemon soul silver
9. super mario galaxy 2
10. untitled goose game

currently playing
- Kirby Super Star Ultra (re-playthrough)
- Untitled Goose Game (playing for 100%)

next on line (not in order):
- Octopath Traveler (when im done with everything else)
- Kirby's Epic Yarn (re-playthrough)
- Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Last edited:

duncan

Site Supporter
Founding Member
music stuff

most listened to this month:
unknown.png
most listened to this year so far:
unknown.png
most listened to all time:
unknown.png
**all stats via spotifystatistics.com** (try it, it's very cool)

previous years:
image0.png

>drake btw (rofl) i don't even think i've listened to him for more than an hour this year. i guess i was depressed as fuck in 2018 lmao

past months / years:
soon
top albums of all time (no ranked order)
- Tangerine Dream, Alex Wiley
- UNE MAIN LAVE L'AUTRE, Alpha Wann
- Malibu, Anderson .Paak
- Brol, Angele
- AM, Arctic Monkeys
- Saturation II, Brockhampton
- Ipséité, Damso
- Lithopédion, Damso
- Imperial, Denzel Curry
- TA13OO, Denzel Curry
- Blonde, Frank Ocean
- Nostalgia, Ultra, Frank Ocean
- Graduation, Kanye West
- ye, Kanye West
- good kid, m.A.A.d city, Kendrick Lamar
- To Pimp A Butterfly, Kendrick Lamar
- KIDS SEE GHOSTS, Kanye West + Kid Cudi
- Lil Uzi Vert vs. The World - Lil Uzi Vert
- ventures, mt. fujitive
- DAYTONA, Pusha T
- My Name Is My Name, Pusha T
- Nothing Great About Britain, slowthai
- Konnichiwa, Skepta
- blkswn, Smino

maybe i'll do songs soon but i feel they don't carry the same message as albums

Last edited:

Jack

Site Supporter
i wasnt gonna say anything but i just realized i got karma'd gg comboed ez'd because the canucks have only won 1 in their last 8 and the sharks are on a 6 game winning streak im kinda mad now

hopefully you're done with reserves now if you're not delet bye

duncan

Site Supporter
Founding Member
i beat pokemon sword yesterday, honestly was not really going into it with massive expectations considering all the stuff that was said on twitter and shit, but i really did enjoy it even if the middle of the story felt quite rushed. the beginning and the end of the story was really thought out, and it's a pokemon so it's really hard to not enjoy.

since catching pokemon to me is one of the things i dislike the most about pokemon (as weird as that sounds) i don't think i'll go back and complete the dex. i prefer to get a party and just roll with it for the rest of the game, rather than scrambling around and trying to complete the dex. the only reason i have to play the game now would just be to do the battle tower, or look for shiny versions of some mons that i like.

all in all, i really did enjoy the game. it took me a bit more than 20 hours to beat, and basically my whole week after school was revolved around pokemon. it's been a while since a game has been the pure focus for me and i wouldn't touch any other game until i finished it. if i had to rate it, i would probably give it around a 9.1/10. i think it was definitely lacking in some areas like with legendaries, and the middle of the game is just kinda grinding through gyms and moving to the next, with no real substance inbetween.

here's my party for those who care:
unknown.png

anyways onto deblob 2

Merc

Site Supporter
Founding Member
wow duncan ur cool
lmao u got weird music but i fuck with it, gl with this homie

Rylan

Founding Member
why aren't you mentioning that without darky you wouldn't be here today. he impacted your life so much that I think he deserves a mention