[MKU-DX] Season 14 Banners

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon

8ran
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Hey everyone, we're sorry for the wait, but we finally have banners! Special thanks to @Savannah for making them, they look really nice!

qFR6xtp.png
WB6u0NE.png
Uepkntm.png
hkSECeN.png
iqnfSST.png
nnYJeTl.png
0vFkYpG.png
pqPtONV.png
qSZxG2C.png
54vs5xC.png
RgSFfWq.png
6XLSFNS.png
X7nnlbT.png
RbRWZU9.png
bb9jy8J.png
1Mp3pCE.png
ENhEQUI.png
qNkr3Oz.png
XYIinit.png
VK7PJdh.png
EmI1XZN.png

We hope you all enjoyed Season 14, thanks for playing!​

Last edited:

iNnFeR

¿Quién ha hecho estos diseños? ¿En serio no había alguien mejor para hacer los Banners? Sinceramente me parecen horrorosos con todo respeto, eso de poner las letras del mismo color que el fondo no contrasta nada, es que muy feo xd

Gab

Founding Member
Why JPP and PTR don't have an exclusive screenshot like every other team? It's already hard to see what map it is but we don't even have our own banner

Brandon

8ran
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
I understand if anyone is unhappy with the banners, but technically, we don't even need to have them made in the first place. You don't have to like them, but you also don't need to be rude on the thread about it. If you have genuine criticism to offer then that's completely fine, but simply expressing that you hate them doesn't accomplish much of anything.

Zorm

Founding Member
Savannah also did Wiimmfi League Season 15 Banners in 2019
but yeah, it's kinda flemme_MK

Savannah

Media Staff
Founding Member
A brief explanation

Yes, these banners were reused from WL. Throughout my time as a GFX artist in the MK community, I always seek feedback from start to finish. I began working on banners for this season in late May, presented two unique concepts which included a GIF banner. I was testing and trying out other concepts as well but did not present them to staff because they did not work. A member of staff recommended reusing the WL banners, and along with the two other concepts I made, I asked which of the three they liked best. The WL banners had the best response. I personally felt a little weird about reusing the banners, but I am not making these banners for myself. I go based off of what other people desire.

However, there seemed to be a hole in communication. Until the banner design was decided on, and created, MKU staff were not involved. I had originally made all 21 banners without tracks in the background, then they were sent to MKU staff. I was told that MKU staff wanted tracks in the background, and I asked for MKU staff to just be added to the chat. This was helpful especially to receive further feedback, as this also delayed the process of creating the banners. The communication will be improved on for the future since they are now in the GFX chat and will be involved in the entirety of the process for the future. It has also been noted that banners should not be reused in the future.

I see that most people are commenting on the contrast of the banners, as well as the text color. This is easily fixable, and I will edit them tomorrow morning. It is a little harmful that these comments are made in a harsh manner, because I rely on feedback. I want to create something that people are generally happy with. That’s why I seek feedback in the staff chats throughout my graphics making process but it doesn’t stop there. I will always read public feedback as well and improve on them from there. Thank you for reading.

Brandon

8ran
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Hi everyone, there have been some slight changes made to the banners (such as contrast and text color).

Status
Not open for further replies.