[MKU-DX] Season 7 Final Seedings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cynda

=)
Staff member
Administrator
SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Here are the final seedings for this season. Some quick reminders:

- The transfer deadline has passed, any members registered before April 23rd on the registry are eligible to play
- Teams have until 11:59 PM EDT tonight to give their preferred times (2/3 or 3/4)
- Division 5 teams have until 11:59 PM EDT tonight to vote for their preferred format (6 team divisions or the new Conference format)

Discord roles should be handed out shortly. If you have any reps that are not in the MKU server yet, please get them in as soon as possible.

TR: Bermus#8616
ss: EL#9207
SzY: Cadoizz#5176
JBZZ: Pyrax#9132
X Project: All reps missing
Xtreme Force: Erick Gume#8704, Sweet#1602

Rur66V0.png

Arti

\<(")/
Staff member
MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Assuming Nato meant final seedings...

image0.png

Reactions: Flo

Gab

Founding Member
I didn't know it was possible but you unbalanced even more the division 2

Gab

Founding Member
Imo the real top 3 of the division is currently in conf A, Bz seed 1, AU seed 2, and JPP seed 3, I already explained to Félix that Paul and Waenot left, (he didn't know so I guess staff didn't noticed that, good joke when the only argument to put DJULO in d1 was the registry), and even with them they didn't manage to beat us one time last season. And again, DJULO is still pretty much overrated because they want to stick to the registry.

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Imo the real top 3 of the division is currently in conf A, Bz seed 1, AU seed 2, and JPP seed 3, I already explained to Félix that Paul and Waenot left, (he didn't know so I guess staff didn't noticed that, good joke when the only argument to put DJULO in d1 was the registry), and even with them they didn't manage to beat us one time last season. And again, DJULO is still pretty much overrated because they want to stick to the registry.

We knew about the Waenot and Paul situation, I mean one staff member is in Bz so. I personally think you'll be surprised but who knows who will be right. If your scenario is right about the top 3 being in your conference, in theory, it helps you that you are in the harder conference because you will get a free ticket to finals once you finish in the top 3 and play the "worse" conference first 2 playoff rounds. Unless you are worried that you aren't actually a top 3 and will miss out completely, that is, but I assume that's not the case since your whole argument would be void if so.

My personal top 3 is considerably different (and not the top 3 listed here for the record), as I'm sure many people have different opinions.

Gab

Founding Member
Playoff aren't suppose to be the most interesting part of the competition?

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Playoff aren't suppose to be the most interesting part of the competition?

They are. I stated that if your theory that conference A is incredibly stacked over conference B is true, that helps you guys if you make playoffs meaning you shouldn't complain (unless are worried about missing it despite being top 3 overall). However, I disagree with your statement that conference A is much better. I thought I made that pretty clear but I guess not.

Gab

Founding Member
You told me something without any argument, you're only saying that I'm wrong but not why

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
You told me something without any argument, you're only saying that I'm wrong but not why

I said I disagree with your opinion. I don't see any proof of your claims on why Bz/AU/JPP are the top 3 other than you just saying so either.

WEC may have lost Waenot and Paul but now Nizer is more active, Kyoto is playing again and re-registered for the team. Arix is back again. Thommy and Sealer are registered but I haven't seen them play this game yet, they were originals and solid players for WEC back in the day though. So they lost 2 people, got 2 people that are better overall and more depth for the back end.

DJULO looks weaker on paper than DJULO was when they were in D1 and got third overall (or was it 2nd?) in the league. These people have played with each other and a lot and are still strong. ARC personally has struggled against DJULO lineups more than JPP lineups and those wars have felt harder for me than wars against JPP and AU. I haven't played Bz's upgraded LU with a top line up from us so I can't judge them but I think Bz is the strongest team probably in the division as well (and they are the one seed). I also think you are sleeping hard on teams like SH. They have come back recently and already beaten us more times than JPP has ever and their roster may not look like a championship roster on paper but it's filled with people that have improved a lot lately and they know how to play with each other. Mushroom Team Y has also had more recent success than any team in this division albeit the run helping with a 6v5 against wf1 (they still won comfortably though) and placed like 5th in amplify. World friend Moon is nothing to scoff at either from playing them a lot.

I'm curious to why you think all these teams in A are super superior to B though since you asked me. Also, keep in mind, everything I post is my personal views and doesn't reflect the entire staff.

Jack

Site Supporter
Not a fan of these seedings, it doesn't matter to me but here we go.

Kaisers should be D6 as they requested, they look very weak.
TU should be moved up to D5, they will tear up D6.

Aurora should have moved up instead of MKC to d1 imo.
Zten should be D3

Robin_

Founding Member
I said I disagree with your opinion. I don't see any proof of your claims on why Bz/AU/JPP are the top 3 other than you just saying so either.

WEC may have lost Waenot and Paul but now Nizer is more active, Kyoto is playing again and re-registered for the team. Arix is back again. Thommy and Sealer are registered but I haven't seen them play this game yet, they were originals and solid players for WEC back in the day though. So they lost 2 people, got 2 people that are better overall and more depth for the back end.

DJULO looks weaker on paper than DJULO was when they were in D1 and got third overall (or was it 2nd?) in the league. These people have played with each other and a lot and are still strong. ARC personally has struggled against DJULO lineups more than JPP lineups and those wars have felt harder for me than wars against JPP and AU. I haven't played Bz's upgraded LU with a top line up from us so I can't judge them but I think Bz is the strongest team probably in the division as well (and they are the one seed). I also think you are sleeping hard on teams like SH. They have come back recently and already beaten us more times than JPP has ever and their roster may not look like a championship roster on paper but it's filled with people that have improved a lot lately and they know how to play with each other. Mushroom Team Y has also had more recent success than any team in this division albeit the run helping with a 6v5 against wf1 (they still won comfortably though) and placed like 5th in amplify. World friend Moon is nothing to scoff at either from playing them a lot.

I'm curious to why you think all these teams in A are super superior to B though since you asked me. Also, keep in mind, everything I post is my personal views and doesn't reflect the entire staff.

Yes, we (WEC) lost two good players with Paul and waenot
But as Teeples wrote, some old players have returned, like Nizer, Kyoto, Thommy, Denno or Aplex
Our only problem is that we don´t know who wants to play 2 matches in a row each Sunday

WEC wants to play at 2/3 pm

ApG77

The conferences of D2 are balanced in my opinion I won't complain about them.
MTy and Wf Moon are scary when we refer to their respective Amplify runs, and SH may produce something very good this season

Purple

Site Supporter
Founding Member
They are. I stated that if your theory that conference A is incredibly stacked over conference B is true, that helps you guys if you make playoffs meaning you shouldn't complain (unless are worried about missing it despite being top 3 overall). However, I disagree with your statement that conference A is much better. I thought I made that pretty clear but I guess not.

Personally, I believe this conference thing is just too "americanish". Don't get me wrong, i like the idea of larger divisions and playoffs stuff, but to divide things in conferences rather than just one large division might not be fair for some teams, for instance:
Let's say seed 4 in conference A is stronger than seed 3 in Conference B, even than seed 2, so they will be left out of the playoffs lol whereas those 2 "weakers teams will be", when with the large division, Seed 4A would place in 5th overall and grant themselves a playoffs spot, it's like the NFL 2010, the 7-9 seahawks qualified for playoffs and the 10-6 bucs didn't, lmao.

For me, the ideal system will be:
12 teams division, no conference
Have each team play eachother once
Playoffs for the better 6, with 1 and 2 having a bye week and 3v6 and 4v5; or Playoffs for the better 8, 1v8 and so on.
Could be with best of 3 playoffs thing in best of 4 stage or some tweak adjustments