[MKU-DX] Season 9 Prelim Seedings

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynda

=)
Staff member
Administrator
SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Site Supporter
Founding Member
As always, these seedings are preliminary, so they're subject to change. If you believe your team is seeded too high or too low, reply to this thread. Asking in our public Discord channels brings a high chance of staff not seeing your request due to how many messages are sent around this time. Additionally, make sure your requests are detailed with tables, previous tournament results, etc. Requests without detailed reasoning to back them up will most likely be ignored. Lastly, due to the imperfect amount of teams we have this season, division 6 will be the 6 team, double round-robin format.

Division 1

Conference A
Euphorya Anubis
Jean-Pierre Pernaut
Prestige
Requiem
Rozando la Katastrofe
Star Clan

Conference B
Arcadia Sky
Blizzard
High Definition
Mushroom Team Mind
Vertex
World Friend Star

Division 2

Conference A
Arcadia Terra
Banana Legion
Inflow
NOVÆ
Princess Monarchy
World Friend Moon

Conference B
Cherish
Dynamite Alpha
Euphorya Ra
Horizon
Mushroom Team Soul
Yoshi Family Galaxy

Division 3

Conference A
AfterDark
Jean-Pierre Papin
Melodya Aria
Special 7
Version 2
Yoshi Family Odyssey

Conference B
Black Wolves
Dynamite Omega
Equivoke
Pirates of Duisburg
Snow Angel
Wii Elite Clan

Division 4

Conference A
Final Emblem
Kira Team
Silence Eclipse
Rebirth
Sweatyzard
TR eSports

Conference B
Fenix
Mad Racers
Noob Reborn
Pirate Hackers
Zten
eXodus

Division 5

Conference A
Gomaespuma
Inka Warriors
Melodya Pirouette
Runner's Fusion
Sunset
Team APE

Conference B
Equilibre
Higher Octave
Kame House
Karnita Asada
Synchronized
X Project

Division 6

Hardcore Noobs
Kartvengers Team
Kev03's Gamers
Making Llajua
Milobellus Assembly
Team Cafe​

Last edited by a moderator:

Purple

Site Supporter
Founding Member
mybody.jpg

Liuk

Site Supporter
Don't want be rude, Does Italy Infinity is the only one team that didn't get seeded?

duncan

:3
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Where is Italy Infinity
Don't want be rude, Does Italy Infinity is the only one team that didn't get seeded?
After hearing news that the team was organized very recently + the chat is very inactive (no messages in the past 5 days etc), we decided that it was more of a risk to let the team play considering their recent history. Also there were teams like Crossfreeze, Corredores del Sol that weren't seeded.

matias1

Site Supporter
After hearing news that the team was organized very recently + the chat is very inactive (no messages in the past 5 days etc), we decided that it was more of a risk to let the team play considering their recent history. Also there were teams like Crossfreeze, Corredores del Sol that weren't seeded.
yeah but they all want to play mku, a lot of clans don't do wars but this don't mean that they're inactive. that makes no sense since Snow Angel was created on 14th Janury 2020 and was seeded

Liuk

Site Supporter
OK, it's fine

duncan

:3
Site Supporter
Founding Member
yeah but they all want to play mku, a lot of clans don't do wars but this don't mean that they're inactive. that makes no sense since Snow Angel was created on 14th Janury 2020 and was seeded
Snow Angel is essentially Special 7 since they had a bit of a fallout and their roster basically split into 2 different teams.

Monfi

Founding Member
How does the staff decide the seedings for every season? Is it based on the teams results in every tournament? Or based on the last MKU season or based on the mood of every staff member? When I look at the Pre-Seedings for S8 I realised that the winner of S7 (DVP) got the first seed S8 despite losing to JBZZ and RK in Agility ll (the tournament between S7 and S8) ARC also got the 4th seed cause we made semi finals in MKU S7 despite the fact we only made it into the top 7 in Agility ll and placed behind teams like HD and RK but on the other hand they only got the 6th and the 7th seed for S8. Now in this Pre-Seedings wf apparently got the 2nd seed cause they are in Conference B although they won S8 and Prestige got the first seed when they didnt get to play MKU yet. They won 3 minor tournaments. I personally feel like the winner of the last season should always get the first seed for next season even if a new team signs up that is better on paper or beat them in another tournament. A first place in MKU should be more important than a first place in Amplify or Agility if you consider these tournaments into your seedings. wf are the defending champions and its Prestiges job to beat them in MKU to claim first seed in my opinion. But they just got it already and wf didnt even get the chance to defend their seed because they didnt win in Amplify?!?!? It just seems unfair to me. And with that being said i do not understand why EU got placed above ARC and Bz when their roster barely changed and they did worse than ARC and Bz last MKU season but got 3rd in a single tournament? They got 13th in Agility lll while ARC got 7th and Bz got 4th in that tournament. So I dont know how Amplify just decides their seed for S9. EU didnt make playoffs last season so based on that it just makes sense to seed them behind ARC and Bz. I dont want to say that EU is trash or anything they are a great team and did super well in Amplify but that single event shouldn't decide a placement especially based off a kinda not well planned tournament like Amplify V. Solid teams like ARC, Sc and Hz had to play in an irrelevant bracket cause our matchups were a lot harder than other teams matchups that ended up playing in Gold Bracket. Dont wanna call out teams but most people know that there were a few teams in Gold bracket that usually stand no chance vs these 3 teams i mentioned. They just got lucky they got to play easier teams in their bracket so they sneaked a good placement and made it into Gold Bracket. Meanwhile ARC played as one team and lost to Hz (a really solid team by now and probably the future D2 champions aka upcoming D1 team for S10 i'd say) and HD (I dont have to talk about HD) so we got a bad placement when we only lost 2 matches that were unfortunately part of the group stage that was the decision maker in what kind of bracket you end up playing..... With that being said I hope staff thinks about the seedings for D1 again cause I feel like the conferences should be different and not stay like that. Its probably just me but at least the D1 seedings seem kinda rushed. I'm down for some discussion if people agree/disagree but imo we should swap Prestige and wf and EU and ARC and maybe some lower seeds in D1 too but thats debatable. Thx for reading :)

Last edited:

Athaway

RΞOL
Site Supporter
Founding Member
How does the staff decide the seedings for every season? Is it based on the teams results in every tournament? Or based on the last MKU season or based on the mood of every staff member? When I look at the Pre-Seedings for S8 I realised that the winner of S7 (DVP) got the first seed S8 despite losing to JBZZ and RK in Agility ll (the tournament between S7 and S8) ARC also got the 4th seed cause we made semi finals in MKU S7 despite the fact we only made it into the top 7 in Agility ll and placed behind teams like HD and RK but on the other hand they only got the 6th and the 7th seed for S8. Now in this Pre-Seedings wf apparently got the 2nd seed cause they are in Conference B although they won S8 and Prestige got the first seed when they didnt get to play MKU yet. They won 3 minor tournaments. I personally feel like the winner of the last season should always get the first seed for next season even if a new team signs up that is better on paper or beat them in another tournament. A first place in MKU should be more important than a first place in Amplify or Agility if you consider these tournaments into your seedings. wf are the defending champions and its Prestiges job to beat them in MKU to claim first seed in my opinion. But they just got it already and wf didnt even get the chance to defend their seed because they didnt win in Amplify?!?!? It just seems unfair to me. And with that being said i do not understand why EU got placed above ARC and Bz when their roster barely changed and they did worse than ARC and Bz last MKU season but got 3rd in a single tournament? They got 13th in Agility lll while ARC got 7th and Bz got 4th in that tournament. So I dont know how Amplify just decides their seed for S9. EU didnt make playoffs last season so based on that it just makes sense to seed them behind ARC and Bz. I dont want to say that EU is trash or anything they are a great team and did super well in Amplify but that single event shouldn't decide a placement especially based off a kinda not well planned tournament like Amplify V. Solid teams like ARC, Sc and Hz had to play in an irrelevant bracket cause our matchups where a lot harder than other teams matchups that ended up playing in Gold Bracket. Dont wanna call out teams but most people know that there were a few teams in Gold bracket that usually stand no chance vs these 3 teams i mentioned. They just got lucky they got to play easier teams in their bracket so they sneaked a good placement and made it into Gold Bracket. Meanwhile ARC played as one team and lost to Hz (a really solid team by now and probably the future D2 champions aka upcoming D1 team for S10 i'd say) and HD (I dont have to talk about HD) so we got a bad placement when we only lost 2 matches that were unfortunately part of the group stage that was the decision maker in what kind of bracket you end up playing..... With that being said I hope staff thinks about the seedings for D1 again cause I feel like the conferences should be different and not stay like that. Its probably just me but at least the D1 seedings seem kinda rushed. I'm down for some discussion if people agree/disagree but imo we should swap Prestige and wf and EU and ARC and maybe some lower seeds in D1 too but thats debatable. Thx for reading :)
While last season's placement do matters for our seedings (especially when we're deciding which div every team fits in, except some cases (BL or YF1 to name a few)), the gap between S8 and S9 made us look more on off-season results/transfers than S8 placements. I totally get your "wf should be 1st seed" logic, since I had them in 1st seed too on my personal seedings (if you want them hmu on discord), but with that 2-month break, Prestige definitly have the better results lately (and tbf, #1 or #2 seed doesn't rly matters since you're still top seed of your conf). EU got 8th iirc last MKU, and with the same roster + Leo(Luigeon didn't play for their Amplify bracket) they got 3rd place, going 2-0 vs Re; and almost knocking out Star. With those results in mind, I feel like you have to give credits to them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.