Modded Texture and Music for MK8 DELUXE

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Muggy

So I have been seeing videos on youtube of people modding and putting music for Mario Kart. I want to do that to have my online experience better even though I do like the music on mario kart 8 deluxe but sometimes I don't wanna hear jazz music for a 4 hour session lmao. Is it worth it right now to do it because I dont want nintendo to ban me or brick my switch. I just wanna know because I enjoyed having megalovania on gba bowser castle wii lmao.

Jazzy

8va ~ Going the octave higher
Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Well, it's not allowed in competitive scenarios. Whether that's MKU or Amplify or even Time Trial records such as on MKLeaderboards. But as for "fun" I don't know what the risks are cause I haven't tried myself. I do know that Nintendo is getting increasingly strict on game mods compared to years ago. So just be careful I guess.

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
One thing to note is that unlike MKW also that music mods can impact gameplay. We know that the notes on Music Park are based on timing with the music. There could be another game changing effects that we just don't know about yet.

Athaway

RΞOL
Site Supporter
Founding Member
MC goombas also works the same as rMP notes (Diogo's WR got unvalided because of that), basically anything that works with music timing is affected by music mods