Nostalgia Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jazzy

8va ~ Going the octave higher
Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
For sharing and talking about nostalgic stuff.

My stuff (hang on tight):

Video Games

achmed.jpg

Backyard Baseball
Maybe one of the most legendary sports games of all time. Just because it's so silly.

bob-omb-battlefield-painting.jpg

Super Mario 64
Paintings that take you to another world? Secrets hidden everywhere? Freedom to go wherever you want? Still one of the greatest Mario games of all time.

maxresdefault.jpg

Mario Party 3
The item system in this game was amazing. Oh, and let's not forget Game Guy 🙃

MV5BZjkzNjFlZWQtYTJmMi00Y2VlLTgwNTctMjc1NmRhYTkzYWE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODkxMzgyMjU@._V1_.jpg

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2
All these years later, I don't think a better theme park sim has ever been created. Sure, the graphics are old, but the gameplay was killer.

anigif_sub-buzz-2198-1567022011-1_preview.gif

Neopets
Back in 2005 I think every kid at school played this. Looking back, it's strange how most of the game was just clicking on links and buttons on webpages with text and static images :LOL:

900931829a917d9204b64172ff6f1c36ac3bda56_hq.jpg

Flipnote Studio
Technically not a game, but still an awesome bonus on the DSi.

rhythm408.jpg

Rhythm Heaven
Definitely one of the more unique Nintendo franchises out there. Don't think I ever managed to beat the last few levels.

mario-kart-8-miiverse.jpg

Miiverse
Again, not a game, but still legendary.

Tech

IE-003.jpg

These.
The school computers back in the early 2000s. I think they may have paved the way for the original design of the iPod, thinking about it.

IDogLights2.JPG

iDog
Not an Apple product, but tried to be like one. A sick toy regardless.

640px-Skype_logo.svg.png

For something I spent so long on basically every day, no way I couldn't include it.

Tamagotchi-Connection-v1-Orange-Purple-Bandai-WIZ-2004-WORKS.jpg

Tamagotchi
Out of all the virtual pet toys and games I have ever tried (I loved those as a kid), there will be no match to these. I'd love to see a Pokemon game that focuses on taking care of them as opposed to battling, like Nintendogs, but Pokemon instead.

Gf-Kp5J8V_lIbJHiVYGxuw%2Fofficexp_clippy.png

Clippy
Yeah.

Other Stuff

npa_v4.jpg

Nintendo Power & Game Guides
I think a lot of people miss these. They're great to look back on all these years later, too.

where-can-you-cash-in-canadian-pennies.jpg

Pennies
At least in Canada, these are long gone. Cash as a whole will be next...

kyrwlydgzwqbjkwgpnmj.jpeg

Multi-colored pens
Blue, black, green, and red--all in one! It's the swiss army knife of pens, but nerdy instead :LOL:

6000198639263.jpg

Batteries
I have to wonder how many of these I used for wiimotes alone. Now they're rarely used in anything modern.

calvin-and-hobbes-tree-1581712659168-160w-1633986268242.jpeg

Calvin and Hobbes
The best newspaper comic of all time (my opinion)

IMG_3181.jpg

TripTiks
Back before GPS and smartphones, these were popular for US road trips. They would be custom printed for whatever route you want to take, and featured foldout detailed maps of the area on the inside. Somehow, following these in the back of the car was WAY more fun than just looking at a digital map.

MV5BM2VmYzg4MDMtYjk5Yi00OGE3LTgzNTktMjU4NWI0ZjM2MDNlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODc5MTI0NjU@._V1_.jpg

WALL-E
I'm not sure if I can name a movie I enjoyed more as a kid. I think it was a real eye-opener to the reality of our world, too.

There's definitely a lot more that I could think of but these are the first that come to mind 😅