Pokemon Sword/Sheild: Is it worth it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Mango Man

Just for context, I have played and completed every single pokemon game to date except for Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon which I just never bought. I also have seen literally 0 of this game and know nothing about it (If I do get it, id like for the stuff to be a surprise)

So my question is as someone whos thinking of getting the game, is it worth it? How much play time can I expect to get out of it? And is there anything I should take into consideration before I buy it?

Asking here since the recent threads seem to indicate you guys like pokemon

Zorrø

Butter please come back
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Just buy it if u are thinking in playing VGC. Casual/offline content sucks now, it could inprove with the DLCs, but idk, to much money for a
doubtful quality triple AAA game

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
It's definitely worth the play, especially if you have friends that also own the game. Doing raid battles was super fun (especially the Mewtwo event). It's a really fun casual game to play, and competitive is fun as well.

Mango Man

It's definitely worth the play, especially if you have friends that also own the game.
That I do not!

Just buy it if u are thinking in playing VGC. Casual/offline content sucks now, it could inprove with the DLCs, but idk, to much money for a
doubtful quality triple AAA game
I plan to just play casually, complete the pokedex, and maybe grind for some shinies if Im in the mood to do so

It's a really fun casual game to play, and competitive is fun as well.
I guess Ill look into it more

Purple

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Campaign like any other Pokemon game is shit, if you enjoyed others you'll like this one; sporty stadium competition environment is so hype when gym battling, you can't let the crowd down and not dynamaxing when they are chanting.

Ranked matches are fun, like really, you could spend hours there. But honestly that's not something Pokemon showdown can't do.

Buy it if you enjoyed the other Pokemon games

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Campaign like any other Pokemon game is shit, if you enjoyed others you'll like this one; sporty stadium competition environment is so hype when gym battling, you can't let the crowd down and not dynamaxing when they are chanting.

Ranked matches are fun, like really, you could spend hours there. But honestly that's not something Pokemon showdown can't do.

Buy it if you enjoyed the other Pokemon games

Personally really prefer playing ranked to showdown, even if its the same thing. The updated graphics and music is just so much nicer for me, also you get BP for playing ranked which >>>>>> showdown

Zorrø

Butter please come back
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
I plan to just play casually, complete the pokedex, and maybe grind for some shinies if Im in the mood to do so

Raids are extremely repetitive and completing the Pokédex is not a challenge anymore as in gen4, trading and swindle pokes to the people through the GTS.

Theres not any other activity u can do but ranked matches. Not worth it at all for me if u are gonna play a casual playthrogh.