Retro MK Games

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Which retro MK games do you enjoy most?

• Super Mario Kart (SNES)

• Mario Kart 64 (N64)

• Mario Kart: Super Circuit (GBA)

• Mario Kart: Double Dash (GCN)

• Mario Kart DS (DS)

• Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

• Mario Kart 7 (3DS)

• Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jazzy

8va ~ Going the octave higher
Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has been around for over 4 years, and is itself is a port of MK8 for Wii U from a few years earlier.

At this point any earlier game (MK7 and before) is over 10 years old, at least, and given that their prime days are really memories, it's safe to classify them as "retro" entries at this point. MKWii is the most active competitively, but at this point nothing comes close to MK8D (and to some extent, MKTour).

That being said, I truly believe the older games possess a lot of very unique qualities that make them extremely entertaining to play, even if just occasionally. I've grinded every single entry (except MK64) for quite a while during my time in this community, especially with Time Trials, although that's not to say the various netplay options that have popped up can't be just as fun, if not more.

For some it's nostalgia, for others it's truly enjoying what the game has to offer. For me, it's both.

What past MK games do you enjoy playing? Vote and share whatever below. Whether it's random facts, past experiences, accomplishments, whatever you think is interesting. :ShyPraise: