Saturday Night Speedways @ HyperX Esports Arena Las Vegas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

NIGHT

Staff member
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Hi Everyone!

My name is Chris aka NiGHT and I'm part of Pirate Hackers which is a clan that was organized as a result of us playing weekly in this tournament in Las Vegas, Nevada. About 40-60 players show up weekly (actual dates vary due to private event buyouts) of varying skill levels. We have seen some of the MKC crowd show up in support such as Mankalor, Kyle, Hobbie, SuperFX, and others.

It is a lot of fun, and generally there is anywhere from $500-$600 on the line in a given week. Feel free to DM me or look at the links and info below. I don't work for the Arena, but the tournament director and arena staff are active in the tournament discord we run.

The tournament is generally streamed weekly on twitch at:
www.twitch.tv/hyperxesalv

About
  • Ever wanted to prove you're the best Mario Kart racer in the world? Okay let's start that here at the HyperX Esports Arena Las Vegas!
Where
  • HyperX Esports Arena Las Vegas inside the Luxor Hotel
When
  • Saturday, May 4th, 2019: 60 max players
    • Check-In w/ Tournament Director Opens: 6:00pm
    • Qualifiers: 7:00pm
    • Second Chance Battle: 9:00pm
    • Semifinals: 9:20pm
    • Grand Finals: 10:00pm
Grand Prix Rules
  • Racers: 10
  • Mode: VS Race
  • Class: 150cc
  • Teams: Off
  • Items: Normal
  • CPU: Off
  • Courses: Players Choice
  • Grand Prix: 4 Races (6 Races for Grand Finals)
  • Smart Steering: Off
  • Auto-accelerate: Off
  • Motion Controls: Your Choice
  • Nintendo Switches provided only on the main stage, you may bring your own controller but Joy-Con will be provided
  • You must use the HyperX Esports Arena Las Vegas headsets and use the audio & video settings set by Production
Second Chance Battle Rules
  • Battlers: 10
  • Mode: Randomly Selected Before Tournament
  • Teams: Off
  • Items: Normal
  • CPU: Off
  • Course: Random
  • Rounds: 1
Format
  • The tournament will be played in four phases:
    • Qualifiers
    • Second Chance Battle
    • Semifinals
    • Grand Finals
  • In Qualifiers, each racer will compete in one Grand Prix composed of 4 Races. After all qualifiers are completed, the Top 18 point scores will advance to the Semifinals phase.
  • In Second Chance Battle, the top point scorers who did NOT automatically advance to Semifinals phase will compete in two separate rounds of a Battle Mode. The top player after each round of Second Chance will advance to the Semifinals phase.
  • In Semifinals, the Top 18 point scorers from Qualifiers & 2 winners from Second Chance Battle will compete in two groups of ten (10) racers. Each group will race in a 4 race Grand Prix with the Top 5 from each moving on to Grand Finals.
  • In Grand Finals, racers will compete in a 6 Race Grand Prix to determine final standings and payouts.
  • Due to time constraints, all ties will be broken by a Best of 3 Rock Paper Scissors.
Buy-In
  • Venue Fee
    • Free
  • Tournament Fee
    • $10/player
    • All Tournament Fees are directly contributed towards the prize pool
  • Rebuys (only available if less than 60 racers AND if total # of racers is not a number divisible by 10)
    • $5/player
    • Transaction is handled between the player & Tournament Director
Prizes
Final 10 Racers Payout:
  • Top 15% of racers will share the total prize pool.

Smash.gg Link: https://smash.gg/tournament/saturday-night-speedway-28-mario-kart-8-deluxe/
Discord: DM me for details

NIGHT

Staff member
Media Staff
Site Supporter
June Dates:

June 15th, June 29th (some MKC members are coming on the 29th!)

NIGHT

Staff member
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Is anyone attending the $1k tournament this Saturday from here?

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
Would if I could, unfortunately way too far to travel for me though ):

NIGHT

Staff member
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Did you end up coming to one Rookie? I heard you might have but I really wasn't that social in the earlier rounds haha

Doesn't look like anyone is from here but they didn't do the best job promoting it. tbh the level of competition is very tight but if you are D3-4 or higher it's pretty free...

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
I know Mankalor and Vertex went out to one. They're from Ohio like me so I've played events with them before. They seem to be more dedicated travelers than me though. I think a few other community members have shown up in the past as well.

Asuna

Site Supporter
Founding Member

And you thought the Felix / Asuna arcade tournament was wild just take a look at these videos hahaha this is the first time I ever broke casting.
To be fair, I'm pretty sure the tournament I was playing in was wild for entirely different purposes (mostly alcohol related) lmfao

In all seriousness, I'm trying very hard to plan a date where I can come out to these. This tournament looks absolutely fantastic and like nothing I've ever seen for an MK tourney. And ofc its in Vegas so its automatically fun :ROFLMAO:

NIGHT

Staff member
Media Staff
Site Supporter
To be fair, I'm pretty sure the tournament I was playing in was wild for entirely different purposes (mostly alcohol related) lmfao

In all seriousness, I'm trying very hard to plan a date where I can come out to these. This tournament looks absolutely fantastic and like nothing I've ever seen for an MK tourney. And ofc its in Vegas so its automatically fun :ROFLMAO:

haha fair point, there are too completely different tournaments but there is a bar here and people do drink too lol