[SF] JBZZ 477-507 wf

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Athaway

RΞOL
Site Supporter
Founding Member
wAAAAASUVORK5CYII.png

EIzEUqjU4AAH4TI
Dayem dc'd race 8 with 68, bot played race 9 10 11 12
Théo dc'd race 10 with 58
It do be like that sometimes

ApG77

now if you tell me that bo3 is not a thing for play offs next season, i'll break something

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
now if you tell me that bo3 is not a thing for play offs next season, i'll break something

You voted for ID for it to be a Bo1. Lots of people that have been against it since the match did too. It's a change that I would welcome personally now but we'll see what happens (it will add an extra week to the season is the most concerning issue imo). Maybe we Can find a way around that. This season we used all the input we got and some changes were good and some things still need work. Hopefully we can finalize the best format for next season.

Marc

Site Supporter
Founding Member
bo3 is objectively better, but I could see why dvp likes bo1
anyways, dropping off of mku is childish and solves nothing

ApG77

seems like we can't give opinions without being criticized about it nice community
btw teeples it was just a matter of strategy
i know we were underated as hell but everyone knows winning top teams in a bo3 is pretty impossible
Also despair, I prefer french teams and i'm entirely aware about it, but imo competition should be the best team winning most the time

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
seems like we can't give opinions without being criticized about it nice community
btw teeples it was just a matter of strategy
i know we were underated as hell but everyone knows winning top teams in a bo3 is pretty impossible
Also despair, I prefer french teams and i'm entirely aware about it, but imo competition should be the best team winning most the time

I guess what to take from this then is don't let the community vote on stuff and just do what is objectively better in the staff's eyes. Since teams will admit to voting against what they truly believe in to better themselves (not just pointing out ID solely either. We voted Bo1 since two people would struggle to play at 4pm so we're in the same boat just for another reason). Bo3 is objectively the more fair format as Marc said.

Loic228

Site Supporter
Founding Member
I guess what to take from this then is don't let the community vote on stuff and just do what is objectively better in the staff's eyes. Since teams will admit to voting against what they truly believe in to better themselves (not just pointing out ID solely either. We voted Bo1 since two people would struggle to play at 4pm so we're in the same boat just for another reason). Bo3 is objectively the more fair format as Marc said.

You're talking about votes like when more than 60% of the community wanted 3/4pm EDT and staff decided it was better to have 2/3pm because you noticed that teams had issues playing at 4pm ?

Teeples

Site Supporter
Founding Member
You're talking about votes like when more than 60% of the community wanted 3/4pm EDT and staff decided it was better to have 2/3pm because you noticed that teams had issues playing at 4pm ?

Yeah. The reasonings people gave were better too. Lots of teams had young individuals who had to go to bed or people that work really early whereas lots of people that wanted 2/3 were because they wanted to watch football or dinner. Forfeits/drops have been down the past couple of seasons. Sometimes it's just better for certain things to happen even if the common mass thinks differently which in hindsight is what should've happened for Bo3 over Bo1. (Nothing prevents teams from playing at 4pm btw if both teams prefer that time and that doesn't count as a reschedule if its the same day).

Last edited: