Should Waluigi get Nerfed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Should Waluigi get Nerfed?

• Yes

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • No

Votes: 45 77.6%

• Total voters

Photon Jet

Hi racers!

That's right. I'm sailing the rough waves in this topic. I need to get something off my chest I've been having for a long time on here. This place is known for bringing the most-skilled racers from around the world to compete. Not to mention we enjoy giving our all when playing as our favourite characters. But a certain character is known to hold the title as the most-dominant meta character in the game. It's Waluigi, the Dick Dastardly of Mario Kart. Almost every war I had with my team and every MKU video I've watched I've seen a swarm of Waluigis in tracks, shoving the rest out off the road like they're saying, "Move aside, slowpoke! Waluigi number wha!". And it shows because Waluigi is the fastest character in the game with the Wild Wiggler and Roller combination. This combination is so good I barely see anyone else picking a different character. That made me think the game (which I still enjoy) feels unbalanced. May I be honest? It does get boring facing a barrage of the same character and the same kart combination multiple times in wars unless we're doing it just for laughs. Almost like I'm facing a clone army. And it's not that enjoyable when the whole thing's saying you won't win unless you pick [character name here]. Also when both teams play the exact same character in wars, players will have no idea whether the players are friend or foe without the name reveal which does happen now and again. That's the drawback in wars.

To me, I feel like Waluigi should be nerfed a significant amount so the meta feels more balanced in races probably in the next game or this one, kinda like what happened to Bayonetta in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Other characters deserve to be in the spotlight as well. In my opinion, if there was a sudden similar update in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or should I say, "Waluigi Kart 8 Deluxe" or that sort of stuff happened in the next instalment, the competitive scene would be more enjoyable and fair. I also say that players can keep their previous Time Trial records before the update, I think. But if you disagree with the thought and want the game to continue as it is, you are entitled to your own opinion and I respect that. I'm in no way judging a player playing a certain meta character. It's the character himself I'm talking about. If I did that, I'd have a stampede of angry Wigglers coming after me right about now.

No matter what direction the judgement's gonna go whether Waluigi continues to hold the reigns or not, I still enjoy playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe in wars, on my own and best of all, my friends, even in the most-frustrating of times.

Last edited:

Skemor

nerfing waluigi means we have to nerf other characters in its weight group as well, besides, this is mario kart, any character or part in the game can be really good if paired with the right stuff

sk tyler

I hate everyone using Waluigi. I would just swap his weight class with Link's. Waluigi is lighter than Link imo so the weight swap should happen

DeltaNA

long-time anchor
SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
its a racing game with time trials and isnt made by ubisoft (trackmania 2 lol.) Nothing is ever getting nerfed as it would break time trials entirely, and legacy records are nothing short of unacceptable for a competitive game. About waluigi however, roy and dk still exist, as well as several others that can compete rather well, waluigi is just the most popular for camouflage. You may complain about "people should use who they like to win" and in a casual environment absolutely, but in competitive, many players will take any and all chances to have a slight edge up, which can lead to 12 waluigi wiggler rooms, this is similar to every mario kart title.

Aventura

I personally think the stats shouldn't be tied to characters and karts. They should give you like 20 units that you have to spend on traction handling speed etc and make your own stats without having them tied to a character and kart. I could actually use the good-looking karts/bikes and use the characters I want to use instead of the only viable ones.

Rollergold

Site Supporter
I don't think Waluigi will be changed at all in this game, he has the exact same stats as DK and Roy, just that his character model is just that little bit thinner allowing that little more vision around you, so players gravitate towards him for that silver of advantage.

At the very least at least Waluigi, DK and Roy have the same stats so there is a group of characters to pick from that are on top (stat wise) instead of basically 1 winner like in MKW.

I personally think the stats shouldn't be tied to characters and karts. They should give you like 20 units that you have to spend on traction handling speed etc and make your own stats without having them tied to a character and kart. I could actually use the good-looking karts/bikes and use the characters I want to use instead of the only viable ones.
Unless all sizes of characters drive on vehicles that are exact same size it wouldn't really work out as then most players would just pick the lightweights as they would have the smallest hitboxes.