ToadOverlay - An extension bot to Toad for streamers and more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bany

Hello! I was using your bot for all my wars during the last month. And randomly, yesterday, it broke and I can't get the ToadOverlay bot to show the score of a race. I can still update the name of the guest team and the home team but the score won't update. Even if the Toad bot works fine.
Am I the only one who got this problem ?
Yep, same on my side. The score does not update, it stays at 000 - 000. It broke 5-6 days ago.

NIGHT

Staff member
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Same here, I even tried the new commands. Reinviting the bot to the server.

Marcux

Hello! I was using your bot for all my wars during the last month. And randomly, yesterday, it broke and I can't get the ToadOverlay bot to show the score of a race. I can still update the name of the guest team and the home team but the score won't update. Even if the Toad bot works fine.
Am I the only one who got this problem ?
yeah it's not working for me too

Rollo

keeps rolling
Site Supporter
I'm so sorry, but I have absolutely no clue, what's going on right now, but I will investigate and fix it...

Seems like a good time to fix some more bugs, while I'm at it 😅
Please have some patience and I will update here, when I'm finished with the big problem...

Furthermore - and I can't stress this enough - please message me on Discord (Rollo#7568) when something breaks, because I will not realize it in time otherwise :censored:

[update 1]
I kinda know what the problem is, but I can't fix it quickly... (Guess I could fix it quickly after all :D)
The bot remains online for now because commands aside from the overlay functionality seem like they're working, but please don't be surprised if the bot is occasionally down for a while in the next few days.

[update 2]
Okay, I don't know what the problem is... f**k...

Last edited:

Rollo

keeps rolling
Site Supporter
Big update:

The problem is fixed now... (along with usernames being saved as 'undefined', fc searching should work now after interacting with the bot directly in some way, but I haven't tested it for now, just changed a thing :whistle:)

I have absolutely no idea how this has ever worked and I'm completely baffled that it has worked this long (even though it should really have been impossible)

I will still try to work a bit more on my bigger stability update in the next few days and when I'm done with it, the bot might go down for a few hours.

[small update as a simple note]
I now know why it has worked before... Should have foolproofed this in my code, but who could know that Toad bot changes the message with scores from two with one embed each to one message with two embeds :sneaky:

Last edited:

nsdive

Big update:

The problem is fixed now... (along with usernames being saved as 'undefined', fc searching should work now after interacting with the bot directly in some way, but I haven't tested it for now, just changed a thing :whistle:)

I have absolutely no idea how this has ever worked and I'm completely baffled that it has worked this long (even though it should really have been impossible)

I will still try to work a bit more on my bigger stability update in the next few days and when I'm done with it, the bot might go down for a few hours.

[small update as a simple note]
I now know why it has worked before... Should have foolproofed this in my code, but who could know that Toad bot changes the message with scores from two with one embed each to one message with two embeds :sneaky:
Thanks for your great job ! Congrats

Cookie

CWL Staff
I can't view overlay on stream, any solution? :TheSadMan:

unknown.png

Rollo

keeps rolling
Site Supporter
I can't view overlay on stream, any solution? :TheSadMan:

unknown.png

Honestly, I have no clue

But after you've done the command "_setup" and gotten your URL, the settings of your browser source in OBS should look something like this:
unknown.png

The only real thing to make sure here is to paste the full URL from the bot in the URL field.
Everything else can basically stay at the default values (except for the width, if you don't want your overlay to be cut off)

Haroku

Site Supporter
Hi!
Thanks for the work on this bot, it is very big. But in my team we are used to run Toad in the text channel link to a voice channel (recent feature from Discord, few months). In that way, we do not send useless messages to people that are not in war.
But, it seems that ToadOverlay isn't working in this kind of channels... I can run commands (like _help or _setup) from a classic text channel but not from a text channel attached to the voice one... Is it a problem on my side with probably an issue in the bot's permissions or is it something not available at all? (it is working for Toad)

Hope someone can help me on this ;)

See you on Big Blue

Rollo

keeps rolling
Site Supporter
Hey there,

just a small update on the current state and future plans for ToadOverlay.
I procrastinated really hard for the last weeks (has it been months, already?) but I can proudly say, that I will not abandon ToadOverlay and there will be many updates to the bot in the next few weeks (or months, Palworld came out and I'm addicted...)

For now, getting ToadOverlay back up and running like it was before the big meltdown is my main priority and a lot of the basic stuff is done to at least have functioning overlays again. It's still a lot of work and monitoring to fix bugs and memory leaks and stuff, but it should be fine for the upcoming matches of MKU.
All your previous data should still be accessible, but if there are any problems, that are not resolved, by just setting the overlay up again, feel free to DM me what went wrong in Discord @ rollo_dev
For more information on what does and doesn't and should work right now, just like the `_help` command, you can get an overview with `_status`.

My backlog of features to implement is basically endless, but starting with small stuff (like the inquiry from Haroku above) and some smaller configuration options, the plan is to get the bot up to the standard of other modern Discord bots with nice looking and practical slash interactions and a better user experience overall, but all that stuff will take a lot of time to not have the same problems again in the near future.