[weird Bug?] Game doesn't update friend list

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Semako

Nintendo Nerd
Site Supporter
My MK8DX game doesn't update its friend list automatically. That means, when one of my friends joins/opens a new room (eg for a CW) while I am online within the game, I can't join him because the friend list still says he's offline or playing in an old, extinct room which gives an error message when I try to join.
I've tried everything, waiting for a long amount of time, eaving the friend list screen, leaving the online mode... without success. The only thing that works is restarting the game, because that allows me to reconnect to the server to load an updated version of the friend list which includes the newly opened room I need to join. And because restarting the game takes a lot of time, I'm almost always the last one who joins the room, meaning I am the one who always has to start from the last position in the first race of a war.

What makes it even stranger is that a friend's Switch using the same connection as mine (except that it was dockless and used wifi while mine was, as always, docked and used LAN) updated the friend list automatically, while mine at the same time - wie wanted to join the same room for a CW - didn't update, so that I had to restart the game.

And on top of that, SSBU updates the friend list automatically, so it is an issue that only affects Mario Kart - oh, and it has an update button as well, but damn Nintendo forgot to add an update button to MK's friend list...

Does anyone else have that problem? If yes, how did you solve it? I really want to be able to join a CW without having to restart my game....
Did anyone else have such a weird problem that only affected his game but not other games?

Just to show you that my internet connection can't be the issue, here are the speedtest results:
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8243115754.png

Semako

Nintendo Nerd
Site Supporter
Please be either helpful or don't answer.
There must be a reason why it works for others but not for me.
As I said it is a huge disadvantage for me in CWs and it also annoys my clan members I think because they alwas have to wait for me...

Rookie

Staff member
Administrator
Media Staff
Founding Member
All I can say is make sure that you're best friended in tbe settings wouldnt block you from the room. I think this has happened to me before but not constantly. May just have to get in the habit of resetting the console.

GinjaNinja

CWL Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
As I said it is a huge disadvantage for me in CWs and it also annoys my clan members I think because they alwas have to wait for me...
All I’m going to say is maybe you need to check if they have you best friended so you can see the friend list on mk8d it’s not your internet it’s probably the other person. Trust me we are all trying to help you.

Jack

Site Supporter

People are allowed to post what they want if it's not helpful. Just chill out

Semako

Nintendo Nerd
Site Supporter
I want to push that topic, because I still have found nothing to fix it and it is so annoying, as I am almost always the last player joining into a room for a CW, which is a disadvantage, especially in tournaments such as MKU. I even joined accidentially into a CW because of that - it showed my friend was playing in a regional, but in reality he was in a friend lobby for a CW. Does anyone has a solution to that?

The best-friend thing is not the problem, because I can see and join my friends after restarting the game to update the friend list.