What's your favourite music?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TSM8

Founding Member
I'm always trying to find new music so this ig is to just share around some of your fav bands, albums or songs and read if you guys ever want something new,
Doing my own I personally enjoy not many newer music I normally stick to metal and anything that came out between like 1979-2005. Here's a list of songs I think are like, straight bangers
Artist - Band
NSP - Any Album
Boston - Peace of Mind
System of a Down - The whole Mesmerise and Hypnotise albums.
Scorpions - Wind of Change/Rock you like a Hurricane/Still loving you
Whitesnake - Here I go again
Dire Straits -Walk of Life/Sultains of Swing/Money for Nothing
Eric Clapton - My Fathers Eyes
Iron Maiden - The Trooper/Run To The Hills/The Number Of The Beast/Fear of The Dark/Transylvania/flight of Icarus/Hallowed Be Thy Name(Fav song of all time)
Dio - Holy Diver/Rainbow In The Dark
Santana - Smooth
Guns N' Roses - November Rain/Knockin' on Heavens Door/Sweet Child of Mine
Black Sabbath - Paranoid/Iron Man
Metallica -One/Master of Puppets/The Unforgiven/For Whom The Bell Tolls//Whiskey in The Jar
Ozzy Ozbourne - Crazy Train/Bark at The Moon
Breaking Benjamin - Diary of Jane
Daron Malakian and Scars on Broadway - Dictator Album
GloryHammer - Hootsforce/GloryHammer
Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the Name
Sabaton - Bismarck/The Last Stand
Blind Guardian - Valhalla (Live version is incomparable to studio defo go live)
Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah
Billy Joel - Piano Man/Goodnight Saigon (Both beautiful songs)
Def Leopard - Love Bites
Eagles - Hotel California
The Police - Regatta De Blanc album/Every breath you take/Roxanne
Serj Tankian - Gate 21
Green Day Holiday/American Idiot/Jesus Of Suburbia/Wake Me Up When September Ends/Still Breathing/Good Riddance/21 guns
Joost - Glassie Water/Bitches/Frikandelbroodje
The Killers - Human/Mr Brightside/Somebody Told Me
Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll/Stairway To Heaven
Derek and the Dominos - Layla
Alice Cooper - Poison
Tenacious D - Pick of Destiny album/Tribute
I'll prob update this as time goes on, I would love to see/hear some suggestions!

Last edited:

Asuna

Site Supporter
Founding Member
I'm always trying to find new music so this ig is to just share around some of your fav bands, albums or songs and read if you guys ever want something new,
Doing my own I personally enjoy not many newer music I normally stick to metal and anything that came out between like 1979-2005. Here's a list of songs I think are like, straight bangers
Artist - Band
Boston - Peace of Mind
System of a Down - The whole Mesmerise and Hypnotise albums.
Scorpions - Wind of Change/Rock you like a Hurricane/Still loving you
Whitesnake - Here I go again
Dire Straits -Walk of Life/Sultains of Swing
Eric Clapton - My Fathers Eyes
Iron Maiden - The Trooper/Run To The Hills/The Number Of The Beast/Fear of The Dark (Prob my fav song rn)
Dio - Holy Diver/Rainbow In The Dark
Santana - Smooth
Guns N' Roses - November Rain/Knockin' on Heavens Door/Sweet Child of Mine
Black Sabbath - Paranoid/Iron Man
Metallica -One/Master of Puppets/The Unforgiven/For Whom The Bell Tolls//Whiskey in The Jar
Ozzy Ozbourne - Crazy Train/Bark at The Moon
Breaking Benjamin - Diary of Jane
Daron Malakian and Scars on Broadway - Dictator Album
GloryHammer - Hootsforce/GloryHammer
Rage Against The Machine - Killing in the Name
Sabaton - Bismarck/The Last Stand
Blind Guardian - Valhalla (Live version is incomparable to studio defo go live)
Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah
Billy Joel - Piano Man/Goodnight Saigon (Both beautiful songs)
Def Leopard - Love Bites
Eagles - Hotel California
The Police - Regatta De Blanc album/Every breath you take/Roxanne
Serj Tankian - Gate 21
Green Day Holiday/American Idiot/Jesus Of Suburbia/Wake Me Up When September Ends/Still Breathing/Good Riddance/21 guns
Joost - Glassie Water/Bitches/Frikandelbroodje
The Killers - Human/Mr Brightside/Somebody Told Me
Led Zeppelin - Rock and Roll/Stairway To Heaven
Derek and the Dominos - Layla
Alice Cooper - Poison
Tenacious D - Pick of Destiny album/Tribute
I'll prob update this as time goes on, I would love to see/hear some suggestions!
You and I have a ton of overlap honestly, and I see the super big hits but if I may add some smaller and equally hype tunes...

Black Sabbath's Heaven and Hell, gotta appreciate the days when Dio was Sabbath's lead vocals
Metallica's entire album for Master of Puppets and Ride The Lightning, Sanitarium (Welcome Home) will always be one of my Top 10 songs ever. Also my favourite band btw
Def Leppard's Hysteria and Rock of Ages. Classics.
Dream On, Dude Looks Like a Lady by Aerosmith? Bruh.
Dire Straits' Money for Nothing
Separate Ways by Journey
Breaking The Law and Painkiller by Judas Priest
Motley Crue - Helter Skelter, Shout At The Devil, Same Ol' Situation (ngl the biggest fan of Dr. Feelgood so I'mma leave it out)
About a Girl and Come As You Are by Nirvana
Ozzy's Perry Mason
Alive and Black by Pearl Jam
Literally anything by Queen??
Catch the Rainbow by Rainbow - Again, I love Dio dude.
Black Rain by Soundgarden
Anything from The Great Radio Controversy by Tesla.
Van Halen's first two albums (I and II). I don't even care if David Lee Roth changed the entire direction of the band's career, it worked.
Yes is obviously known for Roundabout but Owner of a Lonely Heart is also pretty hype

I tend to listen almost exclusively to classric rock and metal (new and old, pretty much anything considered epic/melodic). On the classic rock side of things there's also Alice in Chains, Fleetwood Mac, Poison, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Heart, Journey, KISS, Led Zeppelin, Meat Loaf, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, god I could go on for a while.

Anyway, if you wanna check out my list, I conveniently have a pretty solid lineup in this playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3g8ccoqeh3jWvYgSQMuj5n?si=go3r3qwYTkOAMXnh-g2tbA
My heavier stuff has older stuff like Megadeth, Judas Priest, Pantera, Dream Theater, Anthrax, Tool, Iron Maiden, Korn, Slayer, Slipknot and the like, and my newer stuff is expanding pretty well, I recently got back into Stratovarius but I got some other pretty solid bands like Amaranthe, Halestorm, Avenged Sevenfold, Ghost, Trivium, etc...

As a Canadian, I gotta mention Rush. Tom Sawyer, Freewill, Spirit of the Radio. Also, 2112 is so damn good and it has a special place in my heart from the days where I grinded guitar Hero like no other. Also, Skid Row. Sebastian Bach is from the city that I live in currently and in like my Top 5 vocalists of all time. Everything that man touches is a masterpiece. In A Darkened Room, Quicksand Jesus, Monkey Business, Beggars Day are all fantastic.

Last edited:

TSM8

Founding Member
You and I have a ton of overlap honestly, and I see the super big hits but if I may add some smaller and equally hype tunes...

Black Sabbath's Heaven and Hell, gotta appreciate the days when Dio was Sabbath's lead vocals
Metallica's entire album for Master of Puppets and Ride The Lightning, Sanitarium (Welcome Home) will always be one of my Top 10 songs ever. Also my favourite band btw
Def Leppard's Hysteria and Rock of Ages. Classics.
Dream On, Dude Looks Like a Lady by Aerosmith? Bruh.
Dire Straits' Money for Nothing
Separate Ways by Journey
Breaking The Law and Painkiller by Judas Priest
Motley Crue - Helter Skelter, Shout At The Devil, Same Ol' Situation (ngl the biggest fan of Dr. Feelgood so I'mma leave it out)
About a Girl and Come As You Are by Nirvana
Ozzy's Perry Mason
Alive and Black by Pearl Jam
Literally anything by Queen??
Catch the Rainbow by Rainbow - Again, I love Dio dude.
Black Rain by Soundgarden
Anything from The Great Radio Controversy by Tesla.
Van Halen's first two albums (I and II). I don't even care if David Lee Roth changed the entire direction of the band's career, it worked.
Yes is obviously known for Roundabout but Owner of a Lonely Heart is also pretty hype

I tend to listen almost exclusively to classric rock and metal (new and old, pretty much anything considered epic/melodic). On the classic rock side of things there's also Alice in Chains, Fleetwood Mac, Poison, Foo Fighters, Oasis, Heart, Journey, KISS, Led Zeppelin, Meat Loaf, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, god I could go on for a while.

Anyway, if you wanna check out my list, I conveniently have a pretty solid lineup in this playlist: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/3g8ccoqeh3jWvYgSQMuj5n?si=go3r3qwYTkOAMXnh-g2tbA
My heavier stuff has older stuff like Megadeth, Judas Priest, Pantera, Dream Theater, Anthrax, Tool, Iron Maiden, Korn, Slayer, Slipknot and the like, and my newer stuff is expanding pretty well, I recently got back into Stratovarius but I got some other pretty solid bands like Amaranthe, Halestorm, Avenged Sevenfold, Ghost, Trivium, etc...

As a Canadian, I gotta mention Rush. Tom Sawyer, Freewill, Spirit of the Radio. Also, 2112 is so damn good and it has a special place in my heart from the days where I grinded guitar Hero like no other. Also, Skid Row. Sebastian Bach is from the city that I live in currently and in like my Top 5 vocalists of all time. Everything that man touches is a masterpiece. In A Darkened Room, Quicksand Jesus, Monkey Business, Beggars Day are all fantastic.
I had to cut the list short because I had limited time but all I can say to this list is YES. I love almost all of these and the ones I don’t I’m prob gonna try rn thanks for the suggestions

duncan

:3
Site Supporter
Founding Member
if u have spotify, use these two websites, they're quite cool and give u some stats about who/what u listen to and how ur taste has changed over time
https://visualify.io/ (might want to zoom out to 50% since the images can be quite big)
https://spotifystatistics.com/

1. Kanye West
2. Damso
3. Brockhampton
4. Lil Uzi Vert
5. Alex Wiley
1. Macarena - Damso
2. You Was Right - Lil Uzi Vert
3. Au DD - PNL
4. Onizuka - PNL
5. Réseaux - Niska

Athaway

RΞOL
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Basically everything by Myth And Roid, but prob more Hydra/Shadowgraph/Theater D/Stormy Glory/L.L.L.
the 3 REOL's albums (especially B12 for Endless EP, No title/Asymmetry for No Title, and DetaramE KiddinG/kamisama ni natta hi/Viora for Sigma)
ZAQ - Braver/Last Proof/Against The Abyss
Bump of Chicken - Hello World

PNL - Au DD (the album)
Kaaris - Or Noir, and more recently his feat with Alkpote, Nautilus
Arouf Gangsta

Rolling Stones basically

Christo

Site Supporter
Founding Member
bob bissonnette
la bottine souriante
cayouche
les cowboys fringants

acdc
bon jovi
def leppard
dropkick murphys
metallica
motley crue

Jazzy

8va ~ Going the octave higher
Staff member
Administrator
Amplify Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Basically exclusively classic jazz fusion and R&B:

Al Jarreau
Anita Baker
Earth, Wind & Fire
Gino Vannelli
Jeff Lorber
Quincy Jones
Russ Freeman
Spyro Gyra
Stevie Wonder
T-Square
The Yellowjackets

Along with VGM this is 80% of my listening habits, though i generally enjoy pretty much any music out there

Zorm

Founding Member
Basically everything by Myth And Roid, but prob more Hydra/Shadowgraph/Theater D/Stormy Glory/L.L.L.
the 3 REOL's albums (especially B12 for Endless EP, No title/Asymmetry for No Title, and DetaramE KiddinG/kamisama ni natta hi/Viora for Sigma)
ZAQ - Braver/Last Proof/Against The Abyss
Bump of Chicken - Hello World

PNL - Au DD (the album)
Kaaris - Or Noir, and more recently his feat with Alkpote, Nautilus
Arouf Gangsta

Rolling Stones basically
tu veux être le même que moi ah ok

Chelsea

Albums I consider perfect are:

By The Time I Get To Phoenix - Injury Reserve
1000 Gecs - 100 Gecs
For the First Time - Black Country, New Road
Schlagenheim - Black Midi
Just Got Back From The Discomfort, We're Alright - Brave Little Abacus
Trout Mask Replica - Captain Beefheart
Exmilitary - Death Grips
The Money Store - Death Grips
Endtroducing - DJ Shadow
Ghost Pop Tape - Devon Hendryx
Veteran - Jpegmafia
All My Heroes Are Cornballs - Jpegmafia
WLFGRL - Machine Girl
Census Designated - Jane Remover
Spiderland - Slint
Early Works Bootleg - Yabujin (non-offical release)