[LR1] Ðи 150 - 0 N° ✓

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jetliner

_dx
Site Supporter
I'm not here to contest the result or make jokes or anything, I just want to offer a little bit of perspective.

I was the host of this game. The result of XY/Noir was not known to me until :59.
unknown.png

unknown.png

I am not a team rep, so I do not know the status of whether my Friend Code has been passed along, only that I will open 5 minutes after I accept a request in order to avoid penalties of my own making. I only knew that it would have to be later than :00.

unknown.png
unknown.png

I chose open :18 to be 5 minutes clear of the first request I accepted and made sure that was passed along in due time, so that the match could be played efficiently while abiding by the ruleset with regard to everything I can control.

From this point on no problems were made known to me. We played our 12 races.

To only find out after playing that it didn't even matter is upsetting. My efforts to make the game fair and enjoyable were a total waste. I don't appreciate that this was entirely avoidable (either we are told the match is 150-0 beforehand, or the match would be played normally). It feels like my hands are tied, because I get penalized if I open just 2 minutes after accepting fc (I can't see if an opening time other than what I chose is agreed upon since I am not a rep), or I get struck with a forfeit because I opened 18 minutes after the originally scheduled time of :00. It is troubling to me that staff did not reach out to our side for perspective (as far as I know of), and simply agreed to this match being a forfeit from how it was presented to them from Darkness.

I only speak for myself on this post. I personally still enjoyed having a room with all the Koopalings.

I don't want anything changed about this match, I just want there to be consideration about each other's time the next time something like this happens. Thanks.

Last edited:

Francis

i think this match should definitely be reanalyzed. i don't think a forfeit is fair. as someone who played in noir vs xylem, yes, i can confirm the match ended at :59, and noir tried to respect every single rule they could. even when they had to close the room they gave us 30 seconds to join before they did. i feel like they did nothing wrong and tried to just be as respectful as possible, and were deemed to have the match as a forfeit in the result. i just don't think that's right at all lol

faker

Site Developer
Site Supporter
i think this match should definitely be reanalyzed. i don't think a forfeit is fair. as someone who played in noir vs xylem, yes, i can confirm the match ended at :59, and noir tried to respect every single rule they could. even when they had to close the room they gave us 30 seconds to join before they did. i feel like they did nothing wrong and tried to just be as respectful as possible, and were deemed to have the match as a forfeit in the result. i just don't think that's right at all lol
Thanks for saying francis that's very nice of you but we simply just forgot to give the host across in time and that's all there is to it.