New Leaf eSports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Arsene

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Embrace The Change presents:

New_Leaf_eSports_Twitter_banner.png

Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkQYOKv56leuDwJwR9d-XgA
New Leaf eSports Website - https://newleafesports.wixsite.com/home

Following on from the success of our recent tournament, Embrace the Change, the staff looked at where we should go from here. To do this, we addressed the problems we had both on the day and in planning. One of the biggest uphill battles we had (in which we were eventually unsuccessful) was securing a sponsor for our event, meaning that cash was limited heavily to entry fees and our own pockets. To change this, we have decided to "brand" our tournaments so that we can be able to pitch a much better face of what we are doing to a potential helper.

https://discord.gg/ACXDnhg

What we do.
We intend to run a multiple of events on our Discord; paid entry online tournaments, events that anyone can come along to such as Embrace The Change, and in addition to this, invitational events (that's still in the works though.) Joining our Discord will allow you to keep up to date with our events.
In time, we also intend to open a merchandise store, where you can purchase t-shirts or other bits that go towards our events. We are also going to begin a KickStarter so that people can contribute if they want to support us from afar.

Why are we doing this?
I think it's fair to say that over the years, attempts have been made to "prove" that MarioKart is an established competitive game, both online and through irl tournaments. Most have failed to gain traction due to them either being one off tournaments or simply not enough interest. We want to change this, bringing all skill levels of people together, and most importantly, bringing both MK8DX and MKWii into a competitive environment together, where we can appreciate what the other does instead of constantly slating the other. We would like ideally to begin to organise tournaments both sides of the Atlantic in venues we've been able to get hold of through connections.

We are also doing this to show that it can be done. As a community, in terms of real life events hosted offline, we have very little experience - to be honest, we are at a similar stage to where Smash was maybe 5-10 years ago? It's funny, because despite the size of this community, the offline aspect of it feels very grassroots and tentative. The only upside is that we have working models of existing successful competitive gaming communities to work off, which we intend to utilise towards making consistently awesome events.

Can I help?
Yes. Join the Discord and contact anyone with the Administrator or Owner role for more information. We would love people to step up and help us in many roles. If you're not 100% sure what you can do to help, we encourage you to ask - we need people to help with social media, help plan events and more.

Our website is still in development. Once it's fully functioning and organised, we will use it as a main basis of operations, but for now, if we have upcoming events, we will advertise using the Discord server and here. We have upcoming developments within our organisation in the works too, so talk to us and get involved.

Thanks for reading - useful suggestions and feedback is appreciated, and I hope that this is something we can grow in as a community. I know that other people are doing LAN events in the States so maybe this can become a more regular occurrence.

The New Leaf eSports Team.

MATUS

Site Supporter
Founding Member
I like that idea, I would donate 13 euros because this could be the future of MK8D Offline