Leon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tymbuh

Site Supporter
Founding Member
bPN1gml.png

2D Animator • Digital Artist • Graphic Designer

INTRODUCTION:
What's up everyone, my name's Leon and I'm currently 17 years old studying animation and visual effects in college. I live in my home city of Manchester in the UK and at the moment I am the one of the forum's graphic designers in the media team. If you have any questions whether it's about graphics or just about me in general then feel free to comment below or DM me on discord, I'm pretty active online most of the time so it's always nice to talk to you guys.

iagil4M.png

GAME / CLAN HISTORY:
I joined the Mario Kart community back in June 2017, however I've been playing games from the Mario Kart franchise long before then. I grew up playing all the old Mario Kart games such as Double Dash, Mario Kart 64, Super Circuit and Mario Kart DS. However it was until Mario Kart Wii where I discovered the clanning scene. I've been in clans for other games before but this was a whole new experience for me which I really wanted to jump in head-first. I played by myself on custom tracks on wii for most of the time, waiting for Deluxe to come out on the Switch. The day that Deluxe did come out I managed to complete every GP with 3 stars including 200 under 48 hours. This was just the start of my journey for the game.

After about a month and a bit after I bought the game, I registered an account on the MKBoards just to be attached with all the competitive players on the game. Back then I was more interested in the forum aspect of it, taking part in threads and other conversations (and I still am to be honest) but since most of the activity on the forum was from the competitive side of the game anyway I decided that I needed to be involved. So, I made my post on the "Finding a team" thread and waited for a response. A day later I got a message on discord from Schmear who asked me if I would like to trial for a clan called Platinum. I accepted the request right away and this was the moment that got me into competitive Mario Kart.

The first war that I did with the clan was against Gravity Rainbow, now at the time I didn't know anything at all whether it was abbreviations, what tracks were good for what positions, and also how good of a clan GR actually were. Seboss was actually the first person outside of Platinum I added to my friends list, bit weird for me to remember but considering he's not active anymore it's good to remember him every now and then. I scored a 43 that war, which agreeably is pretty bad but it was definitely one of my most enjoyable wars just because of how the experience was a completely new feeling to me. I also took part in Platinum's 200 team in MKU where my first war in that category got me a solid 45 against Arcadia Galaxy, again pretty crap but hell that was a fun game.

During my time in Platinum I spent a lot of my time playing 200, whether that would be in time trials or in tournament mode. I was also in the 200 server where I made quite a lot of friends. Back then all the 200 clans were high division clans of 150 with the exception of Blitzkrieg and a lot of the people from the 200 server were actually interested in partaking the clanning scene, so with my 0% knowledge on how to run a clan I decided to take it in my own hands and created Impetus, which actually lasted way longer than my expectations to be fair. It wasn't a spotlight clan, we were pretty much bootleg BlitzKreig at the time but chemistry wise we were a really solid team. Platinum wasn't going to be doing 200 after season 1 but for 2 and a half seasons Impetus rolled through MKU and did pretty well for my standards. Not only has the clan gave me leadership experience but it's also made me be more connected with the players there.

Everything after just seemed like a blurred mess for me: Platinum almost got overruled and lost a ton of members, the clan got renamed to Merciless which actually ended up winning a division title in season 2, they made two teams for season 3 and ended up in turmoil, I was bouncing in and out of Aurora whilst Merciless was getting revived and Tidal Wave existed. Now we're at present day where everything seems relaxed: I'm currently a member in Aurora for 150 and currently trialing for Anatexis in 200.

iagil4M.png

OTHER:
Other than art related work that I do, I am focusing on creating music as well through FL Studio. I haven't made anything too spectacular yet but I'm still learning. Speaking of music, I am incredibly obsessed with electronic music in terms of genre and bpm's, so much in fact that I've actually memorised the entire Monstercat discography, which consists of a collection of over 1600 songs. If you guys are into electronic music too, recommend me some below because I'm a sucker for anything really.

Moving on to video games, I have a lot of ones that bring nostalgia to me: my favourite one being a game called "Dust: An Elysian Tail", it was free on the Xbox 360 at the time and because there weren't any other games on my mind just to try it out and see how it plays. My god, the storyline was awesome, the character designs were cool and the gameplay felt incredibly smooth, I played it recently this year and thought nothing different of it. There are some other games that are nostalgic to me such as Timesplitters 2 and NFS Underground 2 but this list is huge and this OP is already large enough.

Games that I play now other than MK8DX of course includes Paladins and Rocket League, if any of you have those games on the switch then hit me up and I wouldn't mind a game or two if I have the time to. I'll also be playing Smash when that gets on the switch and probably A Hat In Time when that does too.

iagil4M.png

If you did end up reading all of this then I really appreciate you putting your time into it since this took me forever to write, and I hope you guys gathered a bit more information about myself and my experience with community.

Tymbuh

Site Supporter
Founding Member
43v1fh4.png

PLATINUM / MERCILESS FRIENDS:

us.png
Aran
us.png
Azuza
us.png
Brandon
us.png
Bry
us.png
Darky
us.png
Del
us.png
Dylan
us.png
Hobbie
us.png
Jason
us.png
Nick
us.png
Riggins
us.png
Rod
us.png
Storm
gb.png
Lewis
gb.png
Schmear
gb.png
Squidz
nl.png
Kevin
nl.png
Qadim

AURORA FRIENDS:

us.png
Civil
us.png
Jon
us.png
Pika
us.png
Trom
nl.png
Mitch

nl.png
Sterv
nl.png
Thimo

gb.png
Carty
gb.png
Stunky
gb.png
Jez

ca.png
Din
ca.png
Twonk
de.png
Boshi
de.png
Niko
fr.png
Fufu
fr.png
Lez
fr.png
Peaqs
fi.png
Miki

fi.png
Shii
se.png
Hedgi
pl.png
Resumi

IMPETUS FRIENDS:

us.png
Deci
us.png
Elmer
us.png
Greg
us.png
Hammer
us.png
JKSonic
us.png
Ninja

us.png
Swift
us.png
Varo
gb.png
Kanaga

gb.png
Malachy
gb.png
Mkia
gb.png
Rhys

gb.png
Tropicas

ANATEXIS FRIENDS:

us.png
Doodle

us.png
Ember
us.png
Erickfree
us.png
Michael

us.png
Nick
us.png
Sketch

us.png
SuperFX
us.png
Wolfy

OTHER FRIENDS:

All of you guys who weren't listed, seriously I'm a pretty easy guy to make friends with and if I wrote a list of everyone in the community then I'd be here forever ❤️

Last edited: