MK8DX Booster Pass Abbreviations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cynthia.

ヒンメル
Staff member
MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
still no Bowser's Castle unfortunately

iamWill

bSiS > bSSy

so that I don't have to do it again haha
image.png

Tymbuh

Site Supporter
Founding Member
Wave 5 is approaching which means it's time to do another quick analysis on the track abbreviations! Here's what I believe we will be using for the upcoming courses:

Athens Dash - bADa
Daisy Cruiser - bDC
Moonview Highway - bMH
Squeaky Clean Sprint - bSCS

Los Angeles Laps - bLAL
Sunset Wilds - bSW
Koopa Cape - bKC
Vancouver Velocity - bVV

To Discuss:

• Athens having the same abbreviation as Amsterdam does throw a spanner in the works, however I think 'bADa' does look the best as an alternative. There is also 'bAtD' and 'bADh' to consider but I think to help keep consistency with how we've abbreviated tracks like 'bCMo' and 'bCMa' I think it's our best option. I know bSSy doesn't follow these rules, however I think tracks that end in a 'y' follow their own policies, similar to rRRy. I'm still on the fence with this abbreviation, so let me know what you think!

• Daisy Cruiser does also share it's abbreviation with Daisy Circuit, however I don't think we would ever need to worry about that so we should be fine sticking to 'bDC'.

Leah

bADa (Athens Dash)
bDC (Daisy Cruiser)
bMH (Moonview Highway)
bSCS (Squeaky Clean Sprint)

bLAL (Los Angeles Laps)
bSW (Sunset Wilds)
bKC (Koopa Cape)
bVV (Vancouver Velocity)

I think bADa is better than bAtD just because it's easier to type and follows the previous abbreviations (bCMo and bCMa). At the end of the day, Amsterdam could become bADr and Athens be bADa for consistency?

Cynthia.

ヒンメル
Staff member
MKU Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
There are ways to keep bAD and a slightly different abbreviation for Athens Dash such as AtDa, AtD, ADa, ADT (Tour), etc.

No need to call it bAD.

Italic

Founding Member
after some great deliberation, I believe that Athens Dash is the better bAD course. I propose the following:

Amsterdam Drift: bADDER
Athens Dash: bAD

Leah

There are ways to keep bAD and a slightly different abbreviation for Athens Dash such as AtDa, AtD, ADa, ADT (Tour), etc.

No need to call it bAD.
Yeah, bADa would've worked fine? Seems everyone already decided on bAtD tho

Madison

WILD WOODS GOD
Site Supporter
i cant be the only one who has to think for a second when i read bAtD, amsterdam also has a prominent T sound in it. why didnt we go with bADa again?

Tymbuh

Site Supporter
Founding Member
What's up everyone! Wave 6 has just been announced a few hours ago and has got some really cool content for us to be looking forward to. As per usual, here's my suggestions for what the final wave tracks should be abbreviated to:

[Tour] Rome Avanti - bRA
[GCN] DK Mountain - bDKM
[Wii] Daisy Circuit - bDCi
Piranha Plant Cove - bPPC

[Tour] Madrid Drive - bMD
[3DS] Rosalina's Ice World - bRIW
[SNES] Bowser Castle 3 - bBC3
[Wii] Rainbow Road - bRR

To Discuss:

• With Daisy Cruiser's appearance to the BCP, it does mean that Daisy Circuit's abbreviation will have to be altered slightly. I think bDCi looks the best in my opinion, however bDCt could also be a shout as well. Let me know what you think with this one!
Also, with some amazing forward thinking from everyone to name 3DS Rainbow Road bRR7, we're able to use the bRR abbreviation for MKW's Rainbow Road instead!