MKU Season 6 Week 1 Division 1-2 recap (test for this week)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Owen

Yo most of you might know that I did this before during mk8u days where I just wrote a piece on all the matches that happened the previous week and I thought it went well. Being basic I'm going to give this a try again just for this week and see what the feedback is like so any would really be appreciated an if I should keep up with these for the season at the very least. If everything goes well I have no idea when I would make up one of these since there are 10 divisions to go through and it being much harder to go by judging of just scores instead of gps the main thing I would have to look on is any videos that are on threads. Last thing to note I am not some kind of professional writer but do enjoy using my imagination to make up stories on some things that have happened before for example used to write long paragraphs on how I got on at football matches I played during my early years but hopefully this works out.
As this is a little test I'm going through the first 2 divisions in the league and if you want me to do division 3-10 I will do it but since this is 1st time trying this again I want to keep it short and simple. If anyone has any videos or stream links for their wars and would like to share them pm my discord owen#7409 and finally if MKU staff want to try make this a thing with others just also get into contact with me. This is just a idea that I have and see how it works out way mku staff could make it work is by having someone on 1-3, 4-6 and 7-10 for exampl3.

Division 1:
Daëugghe_chosen 451-533 Zealous
Zealous quest for a division 1 title this season got off to the perfect start with a comfortable win over a much fancied xi side who struggled from the very start. Z- got off to the ideal start taking a 8 point lead going into race 3 where they managed to achieve a massive top 5 to to take a 36 point lead after 3 races but xi able to respond with a +10 race on their cheese land pick followed by a top 3 on Wario Stadium and the momentum was there to be shifted for xi only trailing by 18.
Z- were able to respond though on Hyrule Circuit with a shock helping them to a 1,3,4 race win.
From there Z- never looked back and went on to win every race until race 11 with xi getting a top 4 on Dry Dry Desert with Z- responding to that with a top 5,8 on big blue to round out a satisfying opening week for this MKU. As for xi they wouldn't feel too disheartened by this defeat and they take on High Definition where they would expect a tough match but if they want to keep hopes for the league title they would feel like they would need to beat the likes of HD and get their season up and running. As for Zealous they look to keep up their momentum from week 1 as they take on Vertex.

Vertex 434-550 Vestoid
Vestoid will consider themselves as a contender for the league title and made their claims public with a impressive 116 point win over vertex who would cause any team a problem on their day but unfortunately for them this wasn't their week and they got a harsh reality of what life in division 1 is like against a top team. With no video it's really tough to get a fully idea how the war went on which could be the disadvantage of doing this but there were some impressive performances from the vestoid players which each individual getting a solid amount of points which showed it was a collective team effort.
As for Vertex Julian showed he could a important player on his day pulling his weight scoring 106 but the rest of the team shouldn't feel too disheartened by what happened to them as they were taking on a top team in vestoid and players like Ryou are new to playing at the highest level in this game but put in good effort with their individual points. Vestoid's next match is a tricky looking encounter against Divine Phoenix who also picked up a impressive week 1 win against HD while vertex take on a even tougher looking task against Zealous who picked up a really impressive win against xi as they look to find their feet in D1.

High Definition 443-541 Divine Phoenix
DVP would be looking to solidify themselves this season coming back but made their claim as a potential surprise team as a title contender this season with a impressive win over HD very early days I know. It wasn't to be HD's day and they might be looking at a tough season at the highest level and this result showed it as they might have fancied picking up a win and get their season up and running this season, some of their big players like Chibi struggled to get themselves going but Neo showed that he will be a important asset for HD if they are going to make some sort of impact this season picking up 102 points.
As for DVP is was the perfect start for them with Twonk coming up with the highest overall score of the weekend scoring a impressive 116 points and showed that he could be really important for them if they're going to maybe fight for the title but have to wait and see as there is a long way to go. DVP take on vestoid next week and would look to see where they're really at in terms of the top teams in the division while HD look to get their season up and running against xi who are fighting to get their season going after a bad loss to Z-.
Division 2:
World Friend 598- 386 Blizzard
wf showed why they're favorites to win this division with a massive 212 point win over Blizzard. There isn't much to say about this war other then wf looked mighty impressive but it is only week 1 and there are still 9 more matches to play but can't help but be impressed by how they tore apart Bz. Valer showed why he is really important to this team by smashing a 140 while most of his teammates chipped in with all breaking 80 in a top 6 overall. wf face a tough match against Arcadia Sky who would want to bring them back down to earth in what should be a tasty looking match on paper while Blizzard take on Champi Brothers with both looking to pick up their first points of the season in a winning effort.
Melee X 563-421 Champi Brothers
Melee X showed why they are serious contenders to gain promotion to division 1 with a huge victory over a returning Champi Brothers side who in reality weren't able to cope with the running power that Me showed throughout the war. It was from the outset where Me showed what they're capable of doing on Hyrule Circuit starting off with a 1,3,4,5,8 following it up with a 1,4,5,6,7,8 the following race on Twisted Mansion. CB made a attempt to claw back the deficit by taking advantage off their Yoshi Circuit pick by getting a top 3 but failed to respond on Wario Stadium and from there Melee X were able to steadily increase their lead and keep control of the war very well with the most notable race being a top 5 on DK Jungle.
The most notable performance came from Sebas who was on fire in his 127 but overall it was a really solid team effort from Me. Me are looking to keep this good start going as they take on a tough task in dirtmk while CB take on Bz who also took a heavy defeat this week.

Arcadia Sky 505-479 DirtMK
In the closest match of the weekend in the top 2 divsion Arcadia Sky picked up a hard fought win over DirtMK who are making their debut as a team in MKU this season.
Their 1st ever MKU race got off to the ideal start with a shock really helping them to a top 2,4,5,6,7 on Yoshi Valley. The next 2 races were both tight straight after on GBA Mario Circuit and Cheep Cheep Beach and after race 4 on Dolphin Shoals ARC were able to get a top 3 leaving them behind by 18 after 4 races. ARC's response to the deficit was spot on with a small race win on Twisted Mansion followed by a top 3,6,7,11 on Donut Plains 3 leaving them in a really good position going into the end of the first half of the war.
Their start to the second half though was much better on cheese land going in with a top 5,7 and suddenly they were in complete control of the war. But back came dmk on Cloudtop Cruise who powered in a 2,3,4,5,6,9 and they were ready for the task of clawing back the lead that ARC worked really hard to gain and followed that up with a top 2,5,6,8 on Piranha Plant Slide. Arcadia pulled through though and on their special track Animal Crossing they managed to get a massive top 4 and 1,3,4 on Dry Dry Desert and from that to seal the war. The 1,3,5,6 on Yoshi Circuit didn't matter in the end for dmk as Arcadia managed to take the w in a entertaining war. ARC's next match is up against World Friend which should be another entertaining encounter while Dirtmk face Melee X.

Tea

CWL Staff
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
*quickly deletes script for next video*