The Purpose of Underpicked Tracks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Kirbmon23

Hello all,

I wanted to bring this topic of discussion up, as I feel as though there are a few tracks that you'll never see in a competitive event, and/or next to no active discussion / predetermined sentiment on what the purpose of the track is. What is its purpose, what benefit would the picker of the track have?

The main tracks that really spark this conversation to begin with are:
- Merry Mountain
- Sweet Sweet Canyon
- Thwomp Ruins
- Bowser's Castle

1692158216827.jpg

-

Of course because of tiers of play, and overall different experiences, this may differ for everyone, but that is completely fine. There are a couple others that come to mind, but when I think of all the other tracks, and their meaning for being picked, it's somewhat easy to categorize them and understand the goal of playing on [track].

But those four tracks, and a couple others, it just feels like they never see the light. Is it a matter of these tracks having better alternatives that are safer (long straightaways on Merry Mountain making people feel too uncomfortable)?

If you feel there are any other tracks that don't get the representation, or don't have a concrete purpose, it would be nice to hear! What do you think about this discussion? How do you make these "irrelevant" tracks have a purpose, or how did you do so in the past before moving on from them?

xScarletSakurax

I do agree with the four that are not really seen often, especially sweet sweet mountain (at least in the casual play through sense) me and my friends hate sweet sweet mountain and cheese mountain, they just aren’t as fun in the sense of drifting! I love merry merry mountain, I choose that one any chance I get!