[W2] WF 489 - 495 ARC [Approved]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Tricky

Founding Member
d. Players must use a Mii name which makes them easily recognizable as their alias on the MKCentral registry. Failure to do so will result in a -10 (-7 in a 5v5) points penalty for the match.

not gonna lie, this is not a rule. it's just something completely open to interpretation that lets admins choose whether a player has a 'recognizable name' or not.

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
We had this issue last season where Power played a match as P2, clearly people knew who he was, but in our rules it clearly says to use something thats recognizable compared to your registry name. His name on the registry is Stevens94, and he used JS. Sure, most people will know who that is right off the bat, but its also a rule that we are to enforce. If we don't punish such things, what's the point in having a rule there?

Just so you're aware the only reason this rule exists is because players never put down who was who on results, so now we're here.

Dragon

Founding Member
1548629035-2q.png

Asuna

Site Supporter
Founding Member
For the record, my original decision was to let it slide. This was more hassle than it was worth and I saw it coming a mile away, because it happens every single time I do this. Try to be the nice person, no one wants me to be nice, people freak out because I'm not nice.

I understand that Mii names are a small thing to penalize. I would have much preferred warning someone to change it for future, I did warn ARC and I was planning to leave it at that. At the same time, the rules say I gotta take points, and there was enough of us up above that told me I need to follow the rules, which I also understand. It's my job. We need rules for the sake of fair play. As Nato said, this exact issue came up last season with Power/P2, and that's the foundation that this decision was made on.

I understand both sides, I genuinely do, but this one was a collective staff decision and one that I regrettably have to follow suit with.

Last edited:

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Good evening children, we have an update.

We've gathered between all of us again, and we will be reverting the score back to the default (As you see in the thread title now). We revisited the case after a few hours, and due to the decision on this thread last week , we'll be following action since it's almost an identical situation.

If there are any problems with our decision, please bring it up to the MKU Staff in our discord channel (And don't bully Asuna @JapaneseGoblin )

Have a nice night

Stevens

Event Organizer
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
It feels like one of the typical cases to showcase the spirit vs letter of the rules debate. Apologies for causing all this.

Regardless, GGs wf, it was an intense war, really good fun, and I'm looking forward to the rematch.

Julot

Late GG, honestly i would have welcomed the victory to counterbalance the bad luck we have had on getting maps(only 2/12) but no matter, thats the game. ;)

Last edited: