[MKU-DX] Season 7 Confirmation Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Sketch

I am the same skill as shiiguy
Site Developer
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Divine Phoenix will play next season

Reps: Sketch#9999, Ayano#0039 and Dash#0508

Nizer

Founding Member
So I heard there was a vote about the default time that every team participated in. Could you make the results of that public?

The 'teams can mutually agree to play earlier' thing may be an attempt to make this seem more doable for Europeans who wouldn't like to stay up past 11p.m. before a work/school day, though I'd like to throw in that this is probably never going to work in practise given that with the two matches per week there may be a chain reaction of reschedules necessary to play two matches an hour earlier than planned.

I think people should at least know that they will not have an easy time aggreeing to play their matches at 2 and 3.

Last edited:

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
So I heard there was a vote about the default time that every team participated in. Could you make the results of that public?

The 'teams can mutually agree to play earlier' thing may be an attempt to make this seem more doable for Europeans who wouldn't like to stay up past 11p.m. before a work/school day, though I'd like to throw in that this is probably never going to work in practise given that with the two matches per week there may be a chain reaction of reschedules necessary to play two matches an hour earlier than planned.

I think people should at least know that they will not have an easy time aggreeing to play their matches at 2 and 3.

Sorry, here it is you have to click, it won't let me post it??

EDIT: It didn't post (????)

Out of 50 votes

Last edited:

Félix

Founding Member
Hello,
As a majority preferred 4pm (around 60%) over 1.30/2pm (around 40%), default time for next MKU season will be at 3 and 4pm ET, on Sunday.

However, we will do our best to edit the schedule so it suits mostly everyone.
To be more clear, teams that prefer 3/4pm will play all their matches at 3/4pm during the season.
Teams that prefer 2/3pm will play some weeks at 2/3pm, and some others at 3/4pm if it is impossible to change the schedule accordingly.

Of course, the goal is to maximize the number of weeks for which a team that prefers playing at 2/3pm, will actually play at 2/3pm.

A first easy fix for this problem: Once we will generate the schedule, if a match between two teams that prefer 2pm falls at 4pm, then this match will be changed to 2pm at default. Here's an example in the spoiler:

Let's say teams A,B,C,D,E and F are in the same conference, but A and B prefers 2/3pm rather than 3/4.
If the schedule generates these matches for first week (first two matches):

3pm matches: AvC BvE DvF
4pm matches: AvB CvD EvF;

then the schedule will be edited to:
2pm match: AvB
3pm matches: AvC BvE DvF
4pm matches: CvD EvF.

Of course, there are probably better methods to maximize the amount of weeks for which a 2/3pm team will play at 2/3pm. We will think about it, but feel free to hit me up if you have a suggestion regarding this.

tl;dr Teams that prefer 3/4pm will play ALL their matches at 3/4pm.
Teams that prefer 2/3pm will play SOME weeks at 2/3pm, SOME weeks at 3/4pm.
3pm will be always used.
We are trying to find a method so we can respect everyone's preference at the most (teams playing at 2/3pm will play many weeks at 2/3 rather than 3/4)

Zorrø

Butter please come back
Media Staff
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Mushroom Team X and Mushroom Team Y will participate

X Reps: Kokote#8975 Ky#9097
Y Reps: Butter#4555 Moesito#1083 [MT]Zorrø#0653