[R3 - Premier] NOVÆ 515 - 469 Banana Legion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alejandro

Staff member
MKU Staff
Event Organizer
Founding Member
download_-_2020-06-22T215529.149.png

- Banana Legion hosted this match.
- Sergio dc'd in the loading screen (before the 10th race) and did not respond anymore.
- Jinny subbed for the last 2 races
- Gecko also dc'd in the loading screen (before the 11th race) but he joined back to play the last race.
- Good Games BL, hope rules are clarified in the English translation for future seasons :)
EbKWONLUEAAWlje.jpeg
EbKWONIUwAEGypE.jpeg
EbKWONNU8AAvtWl.jpeg

Royal

SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Founding Member
ggs, its criminal that we had to replay this match and I would be lying if I said you guys deserved this win. Also with your last note, that wasnt necessary and you know it, be better.

Jinnysoyun

Founding Member
Man in all of this discussion I've been waiting for a proof that that disconnection that denied Æ's win in the first place really happened. Guess I'll never see it but undo-ing the decision to give BL the unjustified win is "criminal" ofc. Back up your arguments before you complain or call anything undeserved

Nato

Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Man in all of this discussion I've been waiting for a proof that that disconnection that denied Æ's win in the first place really happened. Guess I'll never see it but undo-ing the decision to give BL the unjustified win is "criminal" ofc. Back up your arguments before you complain or call anything undeserved

Correct me if I'm wrong in anything here, but to my knowledge, after the "lie" that they had dc'd in, Novae (the host) closed the room after seeing that there were 3 0's show up on the next race's loading screen, which should literally answer the question of whether or not 3 people dc'd, but no screenshot was taken, so there's no proof to back this up, so then how does Novae win this situation when there was no proof of anything?

1. 1 Novae, 1 Banana Legion disconnect = 2 DCs
2. A 2nd BL disconnects, and so with 3 people disconnecting, Novae closes the room and they play a 13th race at the end of the war. Nothing was ever questioned during this time it seems.
3. Novae loses the war by 10, and Night gives the decision that the results will stand.
4. People go to sleep and now suddenly overnight, BL is lying about disconnecting, and they'll have to replay the ENTIRE war, over a race in which they lied about (with literally no proof, MKTV doesn't count)
5. Novae gets a 2nd chance at advancing in bracket, where BL has to pretty much win again in order to not get screwed over.
6. Novae wins on the war reset (still a ?????????????????????) and now we're all happy and BL is stupid for complaining about getting completely screwed out of bracket for no reason

If you wanna sit here and tell BL to back up their arguments before they complain, they have every right to complain and be mad, because they just got cheesed out of bracket by quite literally being told they lied about a dc, with no proof to back it up.

MAYBE replaying a race (but they already did 13 races????????) would be ok, but there's no way in which you can say that BL and Novae had to replay an entire war based on the speculation that someone had lied about dc'ing (still a big LOL if you think this).

Aplex

Never one without the other
Staff member
Site Supporter
Founding Member
I was under the impression that the "guily until proven innocent" mentality was only present in the Ace Attorney video games, but apparently this is trying to be applied to zeta's dc too? I love how life always imitates art!

Jinnysoyun

Founding Member
Correct me if I'm wrong in anything here, but to my knowledge, after the "lie" that they had dc'd in, Novae (the host) closed the room after seeing that there were 3 0's show up on the next race's loading screen, which should literally answer the question of whether or not 3 people dc'd, but no screenshot was taken, so there's no proof to back this up, so then how does Novae win this situation when there was no proof of anything?

1. 1 Novae, 1 Banana Legion disconnect = 2 DCs
2. A 2nd BL disconnects, and so with 3 people disconnecting, Novae closes the room and they play a 13th race at the end of the war. Nothing was ever questioned during this time it seems.
3. Novae loses the war by 10, and Night gives the decision that the results will stand.
4. People go to sleep and now suddenly overnight, BL is lying about disconnecting, and they'll have to replay the ENTIRE war, over a race in which they lied about (with literally no proof, MKTV doesn't count)
5. Novae gets a 2nd chance at advancing in bracket, where BL has to pretty much win again in order to not get screwed over.
6. Novae wins on the war reset (still a ?????????????????????) and now we're all happy and BL is stupid for complaining about getting completely screwed out of bracket for no reason

If you wanna sit here and tell BL to back up their arguments before they complain, they have every right to complain and be mad, because they just got cheesed out of bracket by quite literally being told they lied about a dc, with no proof to back it up.

MAYBE replaying a race (but they already did 13 races????????) would be ok, but there's no way in which you can say that BL and Novae had to replay an entire war based on the speculation that someone had lied about dc'ing (still a big LOL if you think this).

Where did I say that replaying the entire war was the right call? You read a lot of things between these two lines. Counting that race would have given Æ the win no matter if you cut out the replacement 11th race, the 12th race or just count all 13. Replaying the last two races would also have given Æ a fair chance to win. There's plenty of options.

So you're telling me I can whenever I'm losing a race where two disconnects happened just turn off my console? Because I'm innocent until proven guilty I suppose. And apparently this disconnection happened when zeta already crossed the finishline so it didn't even affect the race yet you think it's totally okay to just not let that race count. I'm pretty sure you can choose who to trust here and who not to trust, right?

Also this was bullshit before and after "people go to sleep" . There was no "suddenly overnight" or anything similar. Don't act like that now. The MKTV clips were posted on the same day so my team came up with that not just the day after. Not that they matter because MKTV isn't worth any proof, I know that, but it shows the intention to mention this was there before suddenly overnight.

This is the perfect opportunity for both AC and MKU staff to give these rules more polishing. How about defining "during the race" as between when the track got selected and the player crossed the finish line. You can't trust all teams to not abuse this and if you can I'm sure you can define the rules a bit better? To be fair probably no one expected anyone to even deal with disconnections that don't affect a race's result when writing the rules.

I can see that it's bullshit for the losing team no matter which way it ended and I understand when BL is more than unpleased about it but don't expect me to just let the trashtalking against my team happening now.

Royal

SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Founding Member
Where did I say that replaying the entire war was the right call? You read a lot of things between these two lines. Counting that race would have given Æ the win no matter if you cut out the replacement 11th race, the 12th race or just count all 13. Replaying the last two races would also have given Æ a fair chance to win. There's plenty of options.

So you're telling me I can whenever I'm losing a race where two disconnects happened just turn off my console? Because I'm innocent until proven guilty I suppose. And apparently this disconnection happened when zeta already crossed the finishline so it didn't even affect the race yet you think it's totally okay to just not let that race count. I'm pretty sure you can choose who to trust here and who not to trust, right?

Also this was bullshit before and after "people go to sleep" . There was no "suddenly overnight" or anything similar. Don't act like that now. The MKTV clips were posted on the same day so my team came up with that not just the day after. Not that they matter because MKTV isn't worth any proof, I know that, but it shows the intention to mention this was there before suddenly overnight.

This is the perfect opportunity for both AC and MKU staff to give these rules more polishing. How about defining "during the race" as between when the track got selected and the player crossed the finish line. You can't trust all teams to not abuse this and if you can I'm sure you can define the rules a bit better? To be fair probably no one expected anyone to even deal with disconnections that don't affect a race's result when writing the rules.

I can see that it's bullshit for the losing team no matter which way it ended and I understand when BL is more than unpleased about it but don't expect me to just let the trashtalking against my team happening now.
This is without a doubt one of the silliest things I've ever had the pleasure of reading in my entire life.

Replaying the last two races would also have given Æ a fair chance to win. There's plenty of options.
Wonderful idea. We replayed the race that had 3 dcs, and then another race after that. We played 12 legitimate races and we were able to win the war. Because of this, we said we did not agree to replay any races, so naturally, AC staff said lets make them play an entirely new war. Also, why does AE deserve a fair chance to win? Clearly, we did not get one, we had a win stripped from us.

There's so much to unpack here. First of all, there's no way you think we told him to turn off his console, turn it back on, and join the room just because we got a losing race, right? Second of all, this is the first time anything like this has happened to us, so it's not like we have a history of doing this kind of thing. So naturally, we are to be believed as innocent here. Not to mention that we would try this in America's cup of all tournaments, it's really not that serious. Thirdly, if this type of thing ever happens to your team, I will quote you on this and if you even have the thought of saying the race should not count I will laugh in your face for hours on end. Fourthly, many staff members have agreed with me that a race ends when all 12 players cross the line, zeta dcd before all 12 players crossed the line, thus starting him in last next race, thus giving us a disadvantage. The rules state that if 3 players disconnect during a race, the race is not to be counted. The same people who wrote these rules agree with me and my definition of a race.

You know what's bullshit? Saying a decision is official and then going back on it a few hours later. It came to my attention that a certain staff member who will not be named tagged the Novae team in the AC server saying that the staff completely fucked up and he was terribly sorry that they had to deal with such shameful leadership. Absolutely abysmal from both sides here. The staff team not including everybody in their decision making process, and this unnamed person who felt so strongly that they had to personally and publicly apologize to the team that got the short end of the stick, if you can even call it that. Second of all, your team closed the room, yet does not have proof of a disconnection. May I ask why? We all know it is the hosts responsibility to take pictures of these types of things, yet as it stands, you guys just closed the room without any proof of disconnections. Crazy, I know, and if I was to be petty, I'd make sure you guys would get a host flag.

You're right. Two massive mistakes are what cause for rules to be rewritten. Because it's not like these rules could be proofread to make sure that things like this do not happen. Again, many staff members have agreed with my definition of a race, and by definition of a race, rPPS had 3 dcs and therefore should not count. You can't trust all teams to abuse this, and you're completely right on this one, however, saying we abused this rule when we have quite literally never had an issue even remotely close to this one is so far beyond me. If this were to be the 3rd or 4th time something like this happens with our team, I would understand your suspicion, but as it is the first, I really don't know what you're reaching for here. And let's not pretend that this disconnect had no effect at all on the war.

What's crazy is that Novae lost 12 legitimate races and then complained to the staff that we are cheaters. Finally, you have the audacity to say that we are trashtalking you? That's laughable, made my day, thank you so much. All I said was that the last comment was in bad taste, and you know damn well it was. Now, if you want to get into trashtalking, let's discuss the fact that BL leaders were removed from the group chat made to discuss this rematch after the war was finished, and several AC staff members and novae representatives said many, many rude things about my team behind closed doors. I had also heard from members of my team that Sparky was trash talking them. Nice double standards there Jinny. Next time, please don't stick your nose in places where it doesn't belong, as this is the first time I've heard anything about this rematch from you, thanks.

Jinnysoyun

Founding Member
This is without a doubt one of the silliest things I've ever had the pleasure of reading in my entire life.
Ah so you're not reading what you're writing, I see.

Also, why does AE deserve a fair chance to win? Clearly, we did not get one, we had a win stripped from us.
Obviously you did too by replaying either two races or an entire war. I didn't think I had to mention this for you, lol.

Well I guess then all of this means every team has a one-time-use free ticket to not let a race count. Gotcha. Hope a lot of teams are reading this for future reference. c:
(Oh and don't worry about laughing at me for hours because unlike you I can record my disconnections)

Royal

SUMMIT Staff
Event Organizer
Media Staff
Founding Member
Well I guess then all of this means every team has a one-time-use free ticket to not let a race count. Gotcha. Hope a lot of teams are reading this for future reference. c:
that's crazy that you'd say this because both of us agreed that the rules need to be updated, did you just throw that idea in the trash or something? LOL

Jinnysoyun

Founding Member
Obviously no. But I didn't expect to have to add "...if nothing gets changed after we suggested it" because I thought you would be smart enough to know that.

Davis

!!!
Site Supporter
Founding Member
Obviously no. But I didn't expect to have to add "...if nothing gets changed after we suggested it" because I thought you would be smart enough to know that.
when you can't admit you made a mistake so you question the other persons intelligence because that's how civil discussion happens.

Jinnysoyun

Founding Member
I hope I don't have to take an example from the things you said on Discord on how to "civil discussion". There's no mistake done but I'm aware that half of BL is reading every single sentence of mine, word by word, to find mistakes because that's how arguments work when there's no ammo to shoot anymore :)

Jack

Site Supporter
There's no mistake done but I'm aware that half of BL is reading every single sentence of mine, word by word, to find mistakes because that's how arguments work when there's no ammo to shoot anymore :)

Davis

!!!
Site Supporter
Founding Member
I hope I don't have to take an example from the things you said on Discord on how to "civil discussion". There's no mistake done but I'm aware that half of BL is reading every single sentence of mine, word by word, to find mistakes because that's how arguments work when there's no ammo to shoot anymore :)
yeah if you think either side of this debate was respectful in the discord, including staff, then you're sorely mistaken. This thread was bound to go dormant but you decided that attacking my members when we're all ready to move on was the best idea. I don't want any more to do with this situation considering i've spent the last 5 days debating this night in and night out.

Jinnysoyun

Founding Member
So you really don't get the difference. At least try @ Jack

yeah if you think either side of this debate was respectful in the discord, including staff, then you're sorely mistaken. This thread was bound to go dormant but you decided that attacking my members when we're all ready to move on was the best idea. I don't want any more to do with this situation considering i've spent the last 5 days debating this night in and night out.
"But AE started it !!!! D: " > Also royal has the first comment here. Just stop it all, in this thread and outside and we good. I'll do so aswell then

Davis

!!!
Site Supporter
Founding Member
listen considering neither of us really has shit to say to each other, it might be best to just stop here. if it helps you stroke your ego you can have the last post after this, but we're finished here.

Status
Not open for further replies.